Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Bunn Trifecta MB Owners' Thread
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta MB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 32 of 46 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
scarrz

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sun Aug 18, 2013, 7:11pm
Subject: Re: Bunn Trifecta MB Owner's Thread

abacus01 Said:

I just recently got the trifecta bunn. So, I also own a technivorm moccamaster, which I love. I have been impressed with the trifecta, but recently started experimenting with the technivorm and for some reason, Im liking the cup I get from the technivorm. I feel sometimes that there is a little more bite to the coffee with the trifecta. I have been using the 45 second infusion and usually use b setting..sometimes c. Im not sure if my grind is too small...i use a baratza virtuoso at a 16 setting..got that after everyone raved about it..but truthfully so far besides the quietness...im not sure what everyone is raving about...on the technivorm instead of letting it just drip over the grounds...I keep the chute closed wait till there is decent amount of water in there..then with a chopstick I stir the water and grinds for about 20  seconds..till a nice creama forms..then i open it halfway...and when the water from the machine is finished i give the coffee another stir for about 10 seconds..and the coffee is great that comes out of it..I then did it with the trifecta same coffee same grind..and found it had a slight bite to it..not sure if it was too strong...anyone with any suggestions....thx.

Posted June 18, 2013 link

Abacus, can you provide some more updated info on your taste tests with the technivorm and trifecta? Just wondering if you still own the trifecta or other?  Thanks.
 View Profile Link to this post
AmandafromBUNN
AmandafromBUNN
Expertise: I live coffee

Grinder: I've tried a few :)
Drip: trifecta MB, My Cafe MCU
Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013, 6:37am
Subject: Re: Bunn Trifecta MB Owner's Thread

abacus01,
It sounds like your grind might be a little fine in the trifecta.  I'd try in the 24-28 range using a Baratza Virtuoso.  
Happy Brewing!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
prairiedog

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu Aug 29, 2013, 8:46am
Subject: Re: Bunn Trifecta MB Owners' Thread

I have the Technivorm and the Trifecta.  The Technivorm brews great coffee, but the Trifecta is a little better.  A good indicator of the difference is that my daughter uses creamer for the coffee from the Technivorm, but drinks the Trifecta coffee black.  You do have to experiment with the Trifecta.  Amanda recommended 24-28 setting on the Virtuoso for the Trifecta.  I use 30 on the Virtuoso.  It will probably vary by bean.  By the way, I do stir the grounds in the Technivorm once they are well wetted.
abacus01

Posted Tue Sep 3, 2013, 3:59pm

Here are some thoughts about the trifecta...I did get alot of flavor from the brew made in this machine..there was something about it..that didnt sit well with me...it wasnt bitter...relatively smooth...but there was an afterbite if thats the word to describe it..i also found that the coffee made with this at times..tended to appear muddy when it was pressed out...I like it a little less of a bite...and i tried changing the grind..the amount...the settings...i used the A setting at times..which agitated it less...but i still liked my coffee out of the technivorm better once i began stirring the grinds...then I started reading about a new machine called the Icoffee made by remington. It basically steams the grounds..then continues to constantly swirl them around..until the end of the brew cycle..and while not as high tech as the trifecta...it makes a more consistent smoother tasting brew..in my opinion...the machines is half the price and if it goes to bed bath beyond..will be even less...and i find im not even using the technivorm..i may end up selling that one also...I also made the coffee for a barista who will remain nameless..and he was also impressed with the taste. I dont work for remington, I have no affiliation with them...and im not knocking the trifecta well i guess depending on how you interpret my opinion it could be..but the trifecta is a very well made machine..does what its suppose to do..but i found that I had to experiment too much to get it right and then re experiment with it again when i tried a new coffee bean. The icoffee is currently being sold thru Bloomingdales..if you have one near you..go try it..they have an unlimited return policy...maybe im crazy..but everyone that has had coffee made in this new machine..has remarked how good it is..and i have served it to a lot of critical people.
Socalsteve

Espresso: Alex Duetto II
Grinder: Versalab M3, Baratza Vario-W...
Drip: Bunn Trifecta MB
Posted Tue Sep 3, 2013, 8:22pm

abacus01 Said:

Here are some thoughts about the trifecta...I did get alot of flavor from the brew made in this machine..there was something about it..that didnt sit well with me...it wasnt bitter...relatively smooth...but there was an afterbite if thats the word to describe it..i also found that the coffee made with this at times..tended to appear muddy when it was pressed out...I like it a little less of a bite...and i tried changing the grind..the amount...the settings...i used the A setting at times..which agitated it less...but i still liked my coffee out of the technivorm better once i began stirring the grinds...then I started reading about a new machine called the Icoffee made by remington. It basically steams the grounds..then continues to constantly swirl them around..until the end of the brew cycle..and while not as high tech as the trifecta...it makes a more consistent smoother tasting brew..in my opinion...the machines is half the price and if it goes to bed bath beyond..will be even less...and i find im not even using the technivorm..i may end up selling that one also...I also made the coffee for a barista who will remain nameless..and he was also impressed with the taste. I dont work for remington, I have no affiliation with them...and im not knocking the trifecta well i guess depending on how you interpret my opinion it could be..but the trifecta is a very well made machine..does what its suppose to do..but i found that I had to experiment too much to get it right and then re experiment with it again when i tried a new coffee bean. The icoffee is currently being sold thru Bloomingdales..if you have one near you..go try it..they have an unlimited return policy...maybe im crazy..but everyone that has had coffee made in this new machine..has remarked how good it is..and i have served it to a lot of critical people.

Posted September 3, 2013 link

Call me crazy,but it sure feels like you know more about this new company then you are letting on... And, if this is the case, this is truly bad form to be touting this company on here in this thread.
barkingburro
barkingburro

Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Vac Pot: Trifecta MB, CafeSolo,...
Posted Tue Sep 3, 2013, 10:35pm

Socalsteve Said:

Call me crazy,but it sure feels like you know more about this new company then you are letting on... And, if this is the case, this is truly bad form to be touting this company on here in this thread.

Posted September 3, 2013 link

You're crazy.

- Michael
abacus01

Posted Thu Sep 5, 2013, 7:46pm

Socalsteve..I have nothing to do directly with the company...at all....i have spoken to the CEO bruce who is a very down to earth guy...but other than that..i dont own any stock or interest in it..i had tried his machine with an open mind..and i was impressed thats all...so i figured i'd share it..im sorry if the trifecta people who spent 550 on a machine..are offended..when i mention this machine is 1/2 or less the price..based on the workmanship of the trifecta..i understand why they charge so much..but for me it took too much tinkering with it to get what i liked from the coffee..and for less i found a machine that made smoother coffee that suited my taste buds better..thats all....
sweaner
sweaner

Espresso: Vetrano, Arrarex Caravel, La...
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, OE Pharos
Roaster: Poppery II
Posted Sat Sep 7, 2013, 6:13pm

The iCoffee looks interesting, but is a drip/pot brewer, not a single serve brewer like the Trifecta, Clover, etc.

-Scott
“Coffee - the favorite drink of the civilized world.”
Thomas Jefferson
barkingburro
barkingburro

Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Vac Pot: Trifecta MB, CafeSolo,...
Posted Sat Sep 7, 2013, 6:17pm

sweaner Said:

The iCoffee looks interesting, but is a drip/pot brewer, not a single serve brewer like the Trifecta, Clover, etc.

Posted September 7, 2013 link

And your point is...?

- Michael
sweaner
sweaner

Espresso: Vetrano, Arrarex Caravel, La...
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, OE Pharos
Roaster: Poppery II
Posted Mon Sep 9, 2013, 11:35am

barkingburro Said:

And your point is...?

Posted September 7, 2013 link

That it is a different class of machine, so why are we discussing it in this thread.

-Scott
“Coffee - the favorite drink of the civilized world.”
Thomas Jefferson
showing page 32 of 46 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta MB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.347523927689)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+