Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Selecting Programmable Coffee Maker
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Selecting...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
coffeeguydenton

Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Drip: Chemex
Posted Fri Jul 19, 2013, 11:22pm
Subject: Re: Selecting Programmable Coffee Maker

You have to take in to consideration the importance of convenience.  In other words, is convenience so important to you that you are willing to make a sacrifice in coffee quality?  Most of the above suggestions are trying to maximize your convenience without really sacrificing quality.  Personally, I have a schedule that sometimes makes it necessary to get up, grab my coffee and head out the door.  Even the 5 minutes it would require to brew the coffee while I wait is not feasible.  If that is you, I think the YouBrew gives you the best balance of quality and convenience.  Having said that, I do not have one.  I chose to spend the money on a quality grinder.  The mornings that I have the extra 5 minutes, I am glad I did.  The mornings when I don't, I wish I had bought the YouBrew.
 View Profile Link to this post
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Sat Jul 20, 2013, 6:51am

CoffeeLoversMag Said:

You can try Black and Decker 12 cup programmable coffee maker. The coffee taste made from these coffee makers is wonderful. When pouring, they donít spill everywhere. Their price is lower than $100 dollar. You may check out other coffee makers as well which are much more than this but higher in price with more features.

Posted July 17, 2013 link

Black and Decker sucks, had one, its junk and taste bad. You need to stop posting all this bad advice, almost all your posts either don't make sense or give bad advice to newbs.

Agree with the others, spend the extra $50 for a Bonavita and get a timer. Brews consistently and at the correct temps. Really its honestly a fast machine, if you got a seperate grinder like the Encore you could fresh grind and have coffee in like 6-7 min if you want to consider that.
VKirby

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Mon Jul 22, 2013, 3:38pm

CoffeeLoversMag Said:

You can try Black and Decker 12 cup programmable coffee maker. The coffee taste made from these coffee makers is wonderful. When pouring, they donít spill everywhere. Their price is lower than $100 dollar. You may check out other coffee makers as well which are much more than this but higher in price with more features.

Posted July 17, 2013 link

Something like that might be okay for beginners, but understand for the truly refined palate of the connoisseurs here, it's going to require nothing short of absolute perfection, like the BeHmor BrAzen for example.  Now do you have to spend hundreds of dollars on a brewer to extract every last subtle nuance of flavor possible from your coffee?  Well, let me put it this way: "If you want a system to handle what you want... you need the BrAzen." -Buck Swope

Also, remember Black & Decker does make several different 12c programmables, so I suppose it's possible the one everyone here is getting so angry about is not the exact same model you & I had such good luck with. Because I even switched to mine directly from a year of daily vacuum pot use, exclusively.  And while of course it's not quite the same as siphon brewed coffee (hey what is, apples & oranges!), using the same coffee & virtuoso/preciso grinder, I still like the taste enough that I'm sticking with it just out of convenience, foolproof brewing, spill proof pouring, ease of cleaning, durability/reliability/easy exchanges if there's ever a problem, brew volume flexibility, and taste- embarrassing as that one is to admit among the experts here.  :(
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Selecting...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.234351873398)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+