Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Gravity Water Purification Systems?
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Gravity Water...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vintage La Pavoni Lever...
Grinder: Breville Smartgrind,...
Vac Pot: Vintage Silex, Nicro...
Drip: Technivorm Moccamaster...
Roaster: javaPRO-CRC AIR Fluid Bed...
Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013, 5:23pm
Subject: Re: Gravity Water Purification Systems?

Buckley Said:

Dear JDHarding,

I am interested, did you do any research on ZeroWater products?  They have been spoken well of in this forum.

Buckley

Posted July 10, 2013 link

Here are the negative reviews of Zerowater on Amazon.  TIFWIW.

Click Here (www.amazon.com)

The above link goes to 94 one-star reviews.  There were 223 five-star, and a balanced mix of around 50 each for two, three, and four star reviews.  

Not a scientific study, being Amazon, but a decent amount of reviews nonetheless.

Len

"Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water." ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

Bitcoin Merchant www.CoffeeRoastersClub.com     www.javaPRO-CRC.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
frcn
frcn

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013, 9:02pm

I think that the first step in deciding on a water treatment/filtering solution is to assess the actual condition/contents of the water to be treated and decide on what you wish the output to be and come up with a solution that achieves that as well as meeting any space, plumbing, or financial parameters. Then there is the reality of the solution juxtaposed to the hyperbole created by the seller/manufacturer.

A 1 micron final filter? You breath in that sort of particulate matter all day long. It's a lot worse in your lungs than what is in the water getting into the gut.

I am also somewhat perplexed by the OP's original post asking for solutions, then later informing us as to what was purchased yet never mentioned in the thread until post-purchase. I had friends like that who knew I worked on cars out of my garage at home yet never asked, "Should I buy this particular used car?" but they had no problem driving it over and saying, "Look what I bought! Can you fix the overheating problem?"

This deja vu is getting old all over again. or is it....?

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
frcn
frcn

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013, 8:18am

I see now that he has gone back and removed all the text from his posts. "Kick-Ban" comes to mind, but MODS, I think this thread needs to be deleted and the OP given a slap on the wrist, at least. bad form, indeed.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
JDHarding
JDHarding
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Ascaso Steel Pro, CBTL...
Grinder: Nuova Simonelli MDX,...
Vac Pot: None
Drip: Hario v60
Roaster: Behmor, Fresh Roast
Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013, 2:11pm

frcn Said:

I see now that he has gone back and removed all the text from his posts. "Kick-Ban" comes to mind, but MODS, I think this thread needs to be deleted and the OP given a slap on the wrist, at least. bad form, indeed.

Posted July 16, 2013 link

I believe telling the mods/admins what to do is against the forum rules or is just "bad form" in my opinion to tell someone how to do their job. Someone chosen to be a moderator because they know how to moderate situations. I know it's against the forum rules on forums I admin.

I deleted these posts because I didn't want any further whining from you or filtration suggestions from others.

Also, banning me or reprimanding me on a forum I rarely frequent because I deleted some text, which the option is available for me to do so in the first place, has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. This falls under free speech and I have the right to remove what I've written because *I* own what I've written and can do with it as I so please.

The Video Game Music Place - www.vgmplace.com
The Sonic Corner - www.soniccorner.com
JD Harding . org - www.jdharding.org
 View Profile Link to this post
IMAWriter
IMAWriter
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600+, CO/UFO combo
Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013, 2:29pm

JDHarding Said:

I believe telling the mods/admins what to do is against the forum rules or is just "bad form" in my opinion to tell someone how to do their job. Someone chosen to be a moderator because they know how to moderate situations. I know it's against the forum rules on forums I admin.

I deleted these posts because I didn't want any further whining from you or filtration suggestions from others.

Also, banning me or reprimanding me on a forum I rarely frequent because I deleted some text, which the option is available for me to do so in the first place, has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. This falls under free speech and I have the right to remove what I've written because *I* own what I've written and can do with it as I so please.

IMO, (Not that it matters, and, I'm quite sure that it doesn't) Mr Harding is correct here.
Actually, the post that needs to be moderated, struck, and quite possibly removed is Mr "Aqua Safe's" posting, which is a blatant violation of several rules, one being a commercial posting, then other violation is CG's rule, listed at the bottom of this page which states  "Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings."

Oh well.

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
dana_leighton
dana_leighton
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Relax; Caferina...
Grinder: Macap MXK; Baratza Vario-W;...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: Technivorm; CCD; Melitta
Roaster: Poppery I w/PID controller
Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013, 10:11pm

IMAWriter Said:

the post that needs to be moderated, struck, and quite possibly removed is Mr "Aqua Safe's" posting

Thanks Rob. I missed that one.

As to the posting of suggestions for moderators to take action, there is no rule against it, and the moderators (me at least) aren't offended. If it makes sense we'll do something about it; if it doesn't, we will ignore it. What members should not do is get into arguments about what the moderators should or should not do - that takes the thread off topic. Take that discussion to the Off Topics forum.

You can always reach the moderators through email - See: http://coffeegeek.com/forums/members/sitenews/188939

Dana Leighton - Espresso hack and CoffeeGeek moderator
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Gravity Water...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.312860012054)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+