Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Behmor Customer Service.... Is it just me?
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Behmor Customer...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
BOTR

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 5:26am
Subject: Behmor Customer Service.... Is it just me?

Ok, so here is my story. BTW I own a 1600, and love it.

I am buying a used Brazen. It is a replacement for the fellow I am buying it from. His original machine went out on him due to hard water, and Behmor ended up replaceing it. He is selling it. I am buying it.

So I made the mistake of emailing Behmor with the generic question of will the warranty still be good for me given the situation. The response I got was a bit off in my opinion. Please understand that I understand the financial advantages of non transferrable warranties. And I would have been ok if that was their response. I dont have the email in front of me, but this is approx. what I was told.

The warranty will not transfer because they have no idea how the previous owner treated the machine. ( Doesn't make sense to me, they dont know how any of us treat our machines. And if we void the warranty by mistreating it, then why should it matter? ) I would have been happy to hear the truth, that it makes better financial sense not to transfer it.

Then she added that she didnt know how she felt about me buying the machine anyway. She feels that it is wrong for the seller to sell it, as that is not why they provide the replacement. ( Again, why does it matter? He can't use the machine due to fear of failure because of hard water. Should he just sit on it and not use it or sell it? This confuses me.)

Anyway, just venting. Still buying the Brazen, but not impressed with the customer service person. I can live without the warranty, but I really struggle with the reasoning behind it. And the personal opinion of my purchaseing it.

I owna BUNN Trifecta, and I will say my exp. with their service is worlds above BEHMOR so far. I actually expected better customer service from a small complany like BEHMOR, but a larger one like BUNN suprises me with the very personal customer service exp. Love the 1600 though, they do provide a good product at an excellent price.

Rant over.

Chris
 View Profile Link to this post
JKalpin
JKalpin

Espresso: Aerobie Aeropress
Grinder: Baratza Maestro Plus
Vac Pot: Yama 5-Cup
Drip: Krups Moka Brew, BraZen
Roaster: Freshroast+8, Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 6:25am
Subject: Re: Behmor Customer Service.... Is it just me?

Chris,

I am reading from the last line of my Brazen manual:  "This warranty is non-transferable"

I think that says it all.

I think the service person should have said that, and nothing more.

Bear this in mind:  Behmor's reputation depends on the quality of their products and service (not so much advertising).  With the Brazen, a new product, they have had some QC problems, that they are fixing, replacing units as necessary and relying on the good-will of their customer base to get them through this.

I can't guess the number of calls that their service people are getting for real or imagined problems.  But for each person who complains there are probably 100 who are satisfied.  I have had ...not one... of the reported problems with my Brazen.  It just makes good coffee.  And I have never cleaned it with citric acid, even though my water quality in the Toronto area is 125 ppm, at the low edge of hardness.

I wish you similar good fortune with your new (slightly used) Brazen.

Jerry
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 6:52am

JKalpin Said:

I am reading from the last line of my Brazen manual:  "This warranty is non-transferable"
I think that says it all.
I think the service person should have said that, and nothing more.

Posted June 19, 2013 link

+1

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
VKirby

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 7:53am

BOTR Said:

Ok, so here is my story. BTW I own a 1600, and love it.

I am buying a used Brazen. It is a replacement for the fellow I am buying it from. His original machine went out on him due to hard water, and Behmor ended up replaceing it. He is selling it. I am buying it.

So I made the mistake of emailing Behmor with the generic question of will the warranty still be good for me given the situation. The response I got was a bit off in my opinion. Please understand that I understand the financial advantages of non transferrable warranties. And I would have been ok if that was their response. I dont have the email in front of me, but this is approx. what I was told.

The warranty will not transfer because they have no idea how the previous owner treated the machine. ( Doesn't make sense to me, they dont know how any of us treat our machines. And if we void the warranty by mistreating it, then why should it matter? ) I would have been happy to hear the truth, that it makes better financial sense not to transfer it.

Then she added that she didnt know how she felt about me buying the machine anyway. She feels that it is wrong for the seller to sell it, as that is not why they provide the replacement. ( Again, why does it matter? He can't use the machine due to fear of failure because of hard water. Should he just sit on it and not use it or sell it? This confuses me.)

Anyway, just venting. Still buying the Brazen, but not impressed with the customer service person. I can live without the warranty, but I really struggle with the reasoning behind it. And the personal opinion of my purchaseing it.

I owna BUNN Trifecta, and I will say my exp. with their service is worlds above BEHMOR so far. I actually expected better customer service from a small complany like BEHMOR, but a larger one like BUNN suprises me with the very personal customer service exp. Love the 1600 though, they do provide a good product at an excellent price.

Rant over.

Chris

Wow that's great Bunn provides such great CS & transferrable warranty on what I assume was also a warranty replacement Trifecta you bought 2nd hand, like the brazen was- you're comparing apples to apples here?

Anyway thanks for sharing your experience with each company.
BOTR

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 8:00am

Im sorry, I didnt mean anything by it. I suppose I should have left the BUNN infomation out. Lesson learned. And just for the record, I love my BEHMOR roaster as much as anything else. I was not complaining about the company, but I was bothered a bit by the customer service reps reply. I want to add that I have no issue with the policy, it just seemed that the addition of her opinion about my purchase seemed a bit off. I never got that vibe from the other place. Again I suppose I could/should have left my positive comment on BUNN out of the discussion.

Really dont know how to take your reply, but thanks anyway I guess.
VKirby

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 8:46am

BOTR Said:

Im sorry, I didnt mean anything by it. I suppose I should have left the BUNN infomation out. Lesson learned. And just for the record, I love my BEHMOR roaster as much as anything else. I was not complaining about the company, but I was bothered a bit by the customer service reps reply. I want to add that I have no issue with the policy, it just seemed that the addition of her opinion about my purchase seemed a bit off. I never got that vibe from the other place. Again I suppose I could/should have left my positive comment on BUNN out of the discussion.

Really dont know how to take your reply, but thanks anyway I guess.

Not at all, you're doing fine.  I'm asking as I think it's a point that should be clarified, assuming you are willing to share further-  did you also acquire your trifecta as a 2nd, or was it purchased NIB?

http://www.bunn.com/pdfs/misc/BUNN_Home_Prod_Wrnty.pdf

Because it sounds like Bunn MIGHT actually offer a limited transferable warranty on home products anyway- "Three (3) years from the date of original purchase of a NEW BREWER" (caps theirs).  Guess it depends on whether that's only framing the time period (establishing that it starts from the original date of purchase as said), or if it means it had to be purchased new period, applying only to the original owner.  They don't specifically address transference either way.  If you still have it, what does your paperwork say?
BOTR

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 9:00am

I did purchase the Trifecta new, through BUNN. Ill have to take a look and see what the manual has to offer. They may not offer to transfer the warranty either, which doesn't bother me at all. It really was more about reason offered, and the opinion interjected in the response.

As JKalpin stated, the best way I think for this to have been handled would have just been to state the facts. The warranty is non-transferable. Simple, no nonsense, no opinion. I actually would have even not been bothered much by the warranty at all. It was the implecation that there was something of an issue with me buying a machine that was given as a replacement I was a little bothered.
VKirby

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 9:05am

BOTR Said:

I did purchase the Trifecta new, through BUNN. Ill have to take a look and see what the manual has to offer. They may not offer to transfer the warranty either, which doesn't bother me at all. It really was more about reason offered, and the opinion interjected in the response.

As JKalpin stated, the best way I think for this to have been handled would have just been to state the facts. The warranty is non-transferable. Simple, no nonsense, no opinion. I actually would have even not been bothered much by the warranty at all. It was the implecation that there was something of an issue with me buying a machine that was given as a replacement I was a little bothered.

eh that wouldn't have made for much of a rant.

(thanks for clarifying)
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 11:02am

UH, a question from an outside observer.
If you decide you like the new machine better than your Trifecta...... I might be interested in it! Warranty or no LOL!

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
BOTR

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 11:24am

HAH! The Trifecta has a permanent place on my counter, hopefully right next to the Brazen.
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Behmor Customer...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.31552195549)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+