Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
New Commercial Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer for an early Father's Day Present!
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > New Commercial...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
gamehawker
gamehawker
Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Macap M4 Stepless/Doserless
Drip: Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer
Roaster: 2 Fresh Roast Plus8 setup
Posted Sun Jun 9, 2013, 10:14am
Subject: Re: New Commercial Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer for an early Father's Day Present!

VKirby Said:

Kind of glad to hear that.  I thought your old one might have been a ringer, & after the technivorm didn't measure up, maybe nothing of that size would have.

Thanks for following up & congrats on the CW15-TC.  It looks even better, more serious & professional than the grand.

Posted June 9, 2013 link

I totally agree that the Commercial Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer with Thermal Carafe looks more serious & professional than the Technivorm Grand Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe.
 View Profile Link to this post
gamehawker
gamehawker

Posted Sun Jun 9, 2013, 10:27am
Subject: Re: New Commercial Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer for an early Father's Day Present!

Here's a picture of the revised coffee set-up with a very thin nylon cutting board (I bought a Bed, Bath & Beyond-they come in a four pack and I cut it so you cannot even see it) replacing the tea-towel under the brewer.  It's a cleaner look and it slides even better!

gamehawker: Bunn4mm.jpg
(Click for larger image)
gamehawker
gamehawker

Posted Sun Jun 9, 2013, 11:17am

Here's a close-up look of the Commercial Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer with Thermal Carafe under the cabinet.

gamehawker: Bunn3mm.jpg
(Click for larger image)
nennafir

Grinder: Bunn LPG-2E
Drip: Bunn Axiom DV TC
Roaster: RK Drums
Posted Sun Jun 9, 2013, 6:46pm

I'd request the restricted spray-head from Bunn just so you have options.  They should send it for free.

I prefer it to the default one.

I'd also order the metal filter holder (cone basket), but maybe >_> I am a snob.
gamehawker
gamehawker

Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013, 6:47am

nennafir Said:

I'd request the restricted spray-head from Bunn just so you have options.  They should send it for free.

I prefer it to the default one.

I'd also order the metal filter holder (cone basket), but maybe >_> I am a snob.

Posted June 9, 2013 link

I was thinking about getting a free restricted spray-head from Bunn like a did for my Bunn BT10.

I was also thinking about getting a the metal filter basket too.  When you said "cone basket" you mean a SS flat bottom basket like the plastic one that came with the brewer? Like this one?

http://bunn-store.stores.yahoo.net/ststcofu12cu.html

I did not think Bunn made a cone shape filter basket like would hold a #6 cone filter, i.e.,

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000CFLIL
gamehawker
gamehawker

Posted Tue Jun 11, 2013, 12:24pm

I got a SS 5 hole restricted spray-head today.  USA Coffee Maker did not have a Bunn SS 5 hole restricted spray-head but they did have a Newco SS 5 hole restricted spray-head instead (It has the same screw thread size as the Bunn) so I got that.  

Here's a pic comparison of the Bunn SS 6 hole spray-head (that came with the Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer), a Bunn plastic 5 hole restricted spray-head (it was the original spray-head that came with my old Bunn BT10) and the Newco SS 5 hole restricted spray-head.

I tried the Bunn plastic 5 hole restricted spray-head this morning and the coffee tasted even better.  The brew-time was a perfect drip brew-time of 4 minutes.

I'm using the Newco SS 5 hole restricted spray-head tomorrow morning.  

I also have a Bunn plastic 3 hole restricted spray-head that I was using on my old Bunn BT10.  I may try that for the weekdays when we just brew 50 ounces.

gamehawker: Bunn Sprayheads MM.jpg
(Click for larger image)
gamehawker
gamehawker

Posted Tue Jun 11, 2013, 12:28pm

I also got a SS filter basket too from USA Coffee Maker.

Here's a pic of the Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer with the  SS filter basket.

gamehawker: Bunn5mm.jpg
(Click for larger image)
gamehawker
gamehawker

Posted Tue Jun 11, 2013, 12:30pm

Here's a picture of the coffee set-up with the SS filter basket on the Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer.

gamehawker: Bunn7mm.jpg
(Click for larger image)
nennafir

Grinder: Bunn LPG-2E
Drip: Bunn Axiom DV TC
Roaster: RK Drums
Posted Tue Jun 11, 2013, 9:06pm

Picture 2 posts above mine looks good.  I wouldn't get another basket.

So after a few days which of the heads (restricted or not, etc.) do you prefer?

Congrats on your great father's day gift!
redkiosk
redkiosk

Espresso: Illy Francis-Francis X1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso w/ Esatto...
Vac Pot: Someday, very intriguing!
Drip: Trifecta MB, Kalita Wave...
Roaster: A sure path to divorce!
Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013, 3:13am

IMHO, I'd pull off all the warning stickers, I would look a lot cleaner, but then again (1) I'm a designer and (2) I hate stickers of any kind. They were off of my Bunn Trifecta MB before it even reached the counter top. Heat with hair dryer first and then a little Goo-Gone to get the remaining adhesive residue off. Take care!

Jim

The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!
showing page 2 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > New Commercial...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.337506055832)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+