Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Which Technivorm is considered to be the best?
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Which Technivorm...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vintage La Pavoni Lever...
Grinder: Breville Smartgrind,...
Vac Pot: Vintage Silex, Nicro...
Drip: Technivorm Moccamaster...
Roaster: javaPRO-CRC AIR Fluid Bed...
Posted Tue May 14, 2013, 1:23pm
Subject: Which Technivorm is considered to be the best?

Hello.  I will be purchasing a Technivorm in the very near future.  For those in the know, which insulated carafe Technivorm model is considered to be the best purchase, and why?

Thanks for the input.

Len

"Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water." ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

Bitcoin Merchant www.CoffeeRoastersClub.com     www.javaPRO-CRC.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub

Posted Tue May 14, 2013, 7:24pm
Subject: Re: Which Technivorm is considered to be the best?

Anyone?????
al_bongo

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Starbucks Barista
Grinder: Solis 166/Iberital MC2
Vac Pot: Cona
Drip: Chemex/Melitta
Posted Wed May 15, 2013, 1:24am

Don't own one, yet but the kbt741 would be the one I'd buy.
 View Profile Link to this post
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub

Posted Wed May 15, 2013, 11:50am

Thank you for your reply.  After I did my postings I bit the bullet and actually did buy that one.  Looking forward to getting it.

Len

"Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water." ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

LiferJuice
LiferJuice

Grinder: Capresso Infinity Stainless
Drip: Behmor, Technivorm
Posted Mon May 20, 2013, 9:53am

I had a KBT 741 which served me well till I replaced it with the Behmor Brazen.
adekorte
adekorte

Espresso: Nespresso Pixie
Grinder: Rocky Rancillo, Baratza...
Drip: Bonavita BV1800,Technivorm...
Posted Mon May 27, 2013, 3:43pm

Hello,

There is not a best TECHNIVORM!!!!!
gamehawker
gamehawker

Grinder: Macap M4 Stepless/Doserless
Drip: Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer
Roaster: 2 Fresh Roast Plus8 setup
Posted Thu May 30, 2013, 6:19am

Well if you throw down a lot of coffee (especially during the weekend) like my wife and I do the 40 oz. Technivorm coffee brewer model will not be enough.

I found out two days ago on another post from this site that Technivorm makes a 64 oz. coffee brewer model.

Click Here (www.williams-sonoma.com)

I told my wife about this beautiful 64 oz Technivorm Thermal carafe coffee brewer and she bought one for me yesterday at our local Williams Sonoma for an early Father's Day present!!!  Lucky me! :)

It's almost 18 inches tall but it fits perfectly under our cabinet and looks really nice next to the Macap M4 Stepless/Doserless grinder!

We just finished our first inaugural pot of coffee from our 64 oz Technivorm Thermal carafe coffee brewer and I am thoroughly impressed.

We are looking forward to many years of incredible coffee from this amazing machine!

So if you drink a lot of coffee the "Technivorm Grand Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe" is the best Technivorm coffee brewer model.
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub

Posted Thu May 30, 2013, 8:22am

gamehawker Said:

Well if you throw down a lot of coffee (especially during the weekend) like my wife and I do the 40 oz. Technivorm coffee brewer model will not be enough.

I found out two days ago on another post from this site that Technivorm makes a 64 oz. coffee brewer model.

Click Here (www.williams-sonoma.com)

I told my wife about this beautiful 64 oz Technivorm Thermal carafe coffee brewer and she bought one for me yesterday at our local Williams Sonoma for an early Father's Day present!!!  Lucky me! :)

It's almost 18 inches tall but it fits perfectly under our cabinet and looks really nice next to the Macap M4 Stepless/Doserless grinder!

We just finished our first inaugural pot of coffee from our 64 oz Technivorm Thermal carafe coffee brewer and I am thoroughly impressed.

We are looking forward to many years of incredible coffee from this amazing machine!

So if you drink a lot of coffee the "Technivorm Grand Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe" is the best Technivorm coffee brewer model.

Posted May 30, 2013 link

That is certainly the best Technivorm for a big family of coffee drinkers.  I am thoroughly enjoying the KBT741 I just purchased.  I am the only one that drinks coffee (my wife does not), so it more than fits my needs with its 10 cup capacity.  I am particularly impressed with the quality of the unit.

Len

gamehawker
gamehawker

Grinder: Macap M4 Stepless/Doserless
Drip: Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer
Roaster: 2 Fresh Roast Plus8 setup
Posted Tue Jun 4, 2013, 5:38am

Update:

I did two blind taste tests comparing my old Bunn BT10 with the new 64 oz. Technivorm Grand Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe over the weekend (Saturday & Sunday).  I used the same amount of fresh ground coffee from my Macap M4 Stepless/Doserless grinder (I also roast my own beans)  and the same amount of water for each brewer in both tests.

I know this blasphemy to Technivorm owners but I have to say on both blind taste tests the Bunn won for flavor, richness and strength.  You could even see the color of the brewed coffee from the Bunn was deeper than the Technivorm.

To say the least I was extremely disappointed!  I thought when I bought the 64 oz. Technivorm Grand Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe that my search was over for the best coffee brewer for my coffee guzzling family.

I returned the  64 oz. Technivorm Grand Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe yesterday to Williams Sonoma and ordered a Bunn Commercial grade CW15-TC Coffee Brewer with the Thermal Carafe.  The Thermal carafe, as it turns out, is the Zojirushi carafe.  This commercial Bunn brewer brews 64 oz. like the Technivorm Grand Coffee Maker.  I got it from KaTom Restaurant Supply and it was cheaper (including shipping) than the Technivorm Grand Coffee Maker.

Here's an prior elaborate thread on CoffeeGeek from a members experience with the Bunn CW15-TC.

"Bunn commercial brewer - CW15-TC"

Hopefully I will be very pleased with this Bunn coffee brewer and I think it will last for many, many years!
VKirby

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Tue Jun 4, 2013, 8:02am

Too bad.  That might be the best looking TV yet.  

Be sure to pepsi challenge your new bunn too.
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Which Technivorm...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.301739931107)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+