Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
bunn mycafe mcu with grounds
Italian Coffee
Italian coffee beans, grinds and pods from Kimbo, LavAzza, Miscela d'Oro & Bristot. Qty. discounts!
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > bunn mycafe mcu...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Sinkdrain
Sinkdrain
Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Baratza Maestro Plus
Drip: Melitta bcm-4, ccd, fp
Roaster: Torreo Roasters
Posted Sun May 12, 2013, 6:54am
Subject: bunn mycafe mcu with grounds

Have any of you had experience with this machine using grounds? I see it can take enough ground s to sufficiently handle 12oz of water but it seems that the ground s are squeezed into a small chamber. Will this machine make a less desirable cup of drip coffee compared to a traditional drip machine?

Always looking for an alternative to my black Decker brew n go.
 View Profile Link to this post
jbviau
jbviau

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Sun May 12, 2013, 8:26pm
Subject: Re: bunn mycafe mcu with grounds

This is not my usual way of brewing coffee, but I've messed around with the MCU's ground coffee drawer a bit. I think it does a good job. My impressions can be found on another site starting here:

http://www.singleservecoffeeforums.com/post95381.html#p95381

Can't help you re: the comparison with that B&D unit, but I notice it's a lot cheaper!
Sinkdrain
Sinkdrain

Grinder: Baratza Maestro Plus
Drip: Melitta bcm-4, ccd, fp
Roaster: Torreo Roasters
Posted Tue May 14, 2013, 7:25pm
Subject: Re: bunn mycafe mcu with grounds

Well, went to Wallmart and got one with the idea that I could always return it.

I've only tried the machine with grounds since that is what I would only be using. I'm impressed and may not be returning this after all. I've been using a black and decker brew n go as a faster way to get an almost "pour over" cup.

I have fresh Counter Culture beans and I used it several times in the Mycafe with excellent results using the pulse feature and slightly finer grounds...#10 on my Maestro Plus. I believe I'm squeezing about 20-22 grams into the drawer for a 12oz cup. I was worried about the fact that you close a lid with the grounds take up all the space in the chamber. My brew n go needed the extra space for the bloom. The Bunn seems to work differently with pressure and pulsing the spray. A very cool foam ends the process which almost adds a creme like finish to the coffee...I guess thats from the pressure. When I empty the grounds drawer the grounds are a dry puck that falls out...almost aeropress like.

All I know is that I really like the taste...it reminds me of a pour over cup. I can make it bold and strong the way I like it. I also love how my travel mugs fit under it.

I can't comment on any of the other drawers as I don't think I'll use them...although a decaf k-cup on an odd day could happen.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > bunn mycafe mcu...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.206496953964)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+