Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Leinbrock Vintage German Grinders... Know Anything?
Quick Mill Back in Stock
All Quick Mill Machine ready to ship. Free Ship. Silvano, Anita, Alexia, 2B, Andreja, QM67, Monza!
cupandbrew.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Leinbrock...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Utilitary

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Jan 4, 2013, 11:03pm
Subject: Leinbrock Vintage German Grinders... Know Anything?

Heya!

My girlfriend got me my dream wall-mount coffee grinder. Great condition, all the parts! Paid an import tax in Switzerland. Brought it in her luggage to the US. Eager to try it out, I began cleaning it and while trying to run some rice through it.... I learned a hard lesson in the law of gravitational pull and Murphy's law. I dropped the vintage glass coffee grinder on the tile. I have never felt so low. I spent the next two days repairing my parent's two cabinets that I head-butted holes through. That headache was very minor to search for a replacement part that proceeded.

I needed to find a new catcher that would fit this particular machine. Leinbrock wall-mounted coffee grinders seem to be a rare item on the net as it was. Finding the the right glass catcher with groove on the bottom to fit a specific support rod was almost impossible. I had to search the german eBay and convince the seller who only sold to local pick-up in berlin to sell me just the glass but for the full price of his grinder and ship it for an extra 40 euro. It has sucked and been expensive. I prob could have bought 20 pounds of civet coffee for what we've done for this one grinder.

All the above was not necessary, but I needed to vent. As per the title. Does anyone know anything about the brand Leinbrock AKA Leinbrock Ideal? Especially their wall-mount grinders. Not a lot of info out there on this brand.

Utilitary: photo (9).JPG
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
outrigger

Posted Sat Jan 5, 2013, 4:28am
Subject: Re: Leinbrock Vintage German Grinders... Know Anything?

@Utilitary, welcome to CG, I can really feel your pain, same when I broke my Riedel Sommeliers Bordeauxglass by handwash...

Maybe you already know the well done site from OE about vintage handgrinders:
Click Here (www.orphanespresso.com)
Lots of good info there.

Leinbrock shut down about 1980,  http://www.kaffeetraditionsverein.de/index.php/W._Leinbrock

Sites in German are mostly in volunteering wiki style like:
Click Here (www.kaffeewiki.de)

If you follow the OE repair guide, you can learn a lot.
Cheers and happy new year!
Utilitary

Posted Sun Jan 6, 2013, 1:08am
Subject: Re: Leinbrock Vintage German Grinders... Know Anything?

Thanks!

I have stumbled upon Orphan Espresso as they were the only people ever to mention "Leinbrock"on this forum. I e-mailed them, but have ran across the news that they are shut down for the month.

Thanks for the sites! I had found those other two german sites you recommended... Pretty bare. They are about the only official info anywhere. Still looking...

Maybe it is the coffee beans, maybe it is wishful thinking, but the coffee that we have ground out of this thing is the least bitter coffee I have ever had. It is far from an espresso grind(wonder if it is adjustable?) and we use a Moka pot. Somewhere in the process something is going right!

Thanks again!!!
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Leinbrock...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Barista Tools
Large selection of tampers, pitchers, milk frothers and much more!
www.espressozone.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.204081058502)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+