Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Now we know what GORT is (Behmor BraZen Brewer)
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Now we know what...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 84 of 113 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
germantownrob
germantownrob
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013, 9:14am
Subject: Re: Now we know what GORT is (Behmor BraZen Brewer)

tahoejoe Said:

Mea culpa time.. was in a bit of a stupor this morning, weighed beans and then did an oops... I dumped the beans in the reservoir..

Thank goodness they were still whole bean..

Posted January 21, 2013 link

The things that happen BC, before coffee! I have poured orange juice in my coffee, cream in my juice cup, never put beans in the basket and brewed, and now after reading your post I am sure I will try your brew approach.
 View Profile Link to this post
tahoejoe
tahoejoe
Expertise: I live coffee

Grinder: Solis Maestro
Drip: Behmor Brazen Brew System
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013, 9:59am

Rob.. you should have seen my wife, she was LHAO.. Her final comment was.. Didn't you read the ----ing manual?

Oh well..

REMINDER: Never leave the roaster unattended when in use !!   And remember to use our Rosetta Stone tip PART V PARAGRAPH 3.. it works !!!

www.behmor.com

Twitter: www.twitter.com/behmor
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Behmor-Inc/214061212036763#!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
The_Coffee_Guy
The_Coffee_Guy

Grinder: Baratza Encore
Drip: Behmor BraZen Brew System,...
Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013, 10:02am

Whenever I have a coffee mishap (usually wet or dry grounds end up everywhere) I get a chuckle from my wife as to say "again????" haha. Coffee messes are among the worst to clean up but in my opinion its all part of the 'way of life' :)
tahoejoe
tahoejoe

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013, 10:04am

The_Coffee_Guy Said:

Whenever I have a coffee mishap (usually wet or dry grounds end up everywhere) I get a chuckle from my wife as to say "again????" haha. Coffee messes are among the worst to clean up but in my opinion its all part of the 'way of life' :)

It's for the love of coffee.!

REMINDER: Never leave the roaster unattended when in use !!   And remember to use our Rosetta Stone tip PART V PARAGRAPH 3.. it works !!!

www.behmor.com

germantownrob
germantownrob

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013, 10:14am

tahoejoe Said:

Rob.. you should have seen my wife, she was LHAO.. Her final comment was.. Didn't you read the ----ing manual?

Oh well..

Priceless! I assume she will remind you of this often.
tahoejoe
tahoejoe

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013, 10:19am

germantownrob Said:

Priceless! I assume she will remind you of this often.

Considering I "comment" often to her about how people should read the manual and at times .. ahhhem express my frustration when people don't or fail to heed warnings..

She will take every opportunity in the future to "remind" me of my oops.. She laughed even more when I was drying beans afterwards.

www.behmor.com

yakster
yakster

Espresso: Gaggia Factory / La Peppina...
Grinder: Vario / Kyocera
Vac Pot: Yama 8 + Pyrex Lox-in Rod
Drip: Brazen / Kalita / Chemex /...
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013, 1:53pm

tahoejoe Said:

Regarding water.. the quick way to check your local water is go to www.zerowater.com fill in your zip, check TDS then when the next page appears scroll down below the map.. according to a chemist/ analyst below 99 is good.. above that could lead to trouble in all systems.

Posted January 19, 2013 link

Thanks for the link, good thing I have a water softener cartridge for my machines, it says my TDS is 302.

yakster: TDS.jpg
(Click for larger image)

-Chris

LMWDP # 272
MJW

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013, 5:19pm

tahoejoe Said:

One thing I need to point out is the issue about scaling has been very minor numerically speaking according to our stats. Normally all manufacturers experience 3-5% defect ratio in normal production runs. First runs generally can go higher. Our current stats show we are still sub 3% which includes the scaling.
*** I should add we are never satisfied with any defect ratio be it 1% or above but recognize the reality of manufacturing.

I'm glad you mentioned this Joe, because somehow I had erroneously formed the impression that it was a broader issue.

I'm going to test my water and see what I can do depending on what I find; but I hope in the future I'll be able to descale, if I should need to.
tahoejoe
tahoejoe

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013, 7:14am

MJW Said:

I'm glad you mentioned this Joe, because somehow I had erroneously formed the impression that it was a broader issue.

I'm going to test my water and see what I can do depending on what I find; but I hope in the future I'll be able to descale, if I should need to.

Mike.. the beauty of the internet is the ability to communicate with a wide/large group of people quickly. The downside is a few emails on one subject can give a false impression of a wider issue than it really is. That's frustrating because what readers don't see is all the data, specifcally units affected to units shipped and despite the numbers being small in relative terms we still seek easy solutions for those customers.

People also need to remember, scaling is an issue with all equipment otherwise Dezcal and other descaling products wouldn't be on the market and placed on the market long before the Brazen was even a concept.

I'm off to Asia today to review every aspect of the brewer and the roaster because we are always looking at ways to improve.,

www.behmor.com

TK2FAST
TK2FAST

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013, 8:24am

I have to make a comment here on the water issue.

I realize that hard water is an issue in any coffee maker and with that said, in my life I have had over a dozen coffee makers and was a service tek for the Bunn coffee machines at Dunkin Donuts. I have seen very heavy mineral deposits in machines and they all require periodic cleanings but here is my experience with the Brazen.

I am on my second machine now and am having problems again with water in the reservoir after trying to brew a full pot. I have watched and checked this machine very carefully and say that the micro screen before the drain valve is very susceptible to clogging. It is not just a mineral deposit condition because after cleaning the drain will not empty the reservoir in 2.5 minutes..  I would have liked to have seen a removable screen the size of a quarter here and maybe that would have helped.

I have not been able to get past 30 pots without cleaning. I mean descaling and then taking the machine into the sink and using the spray I flush the micro screen. There is extremely little visible indication of minerals in the reservoir and still clean just trying to get a full pot again.

The frequent cleanings are unacceptable. I know there are others having similar problems because I have received emails concerning this issue form my previous posts. I know periodic cleanings are necessary on any coffee machine but NOT after brewing 30 pots. I honestly would not have purchased the Brazen if I knew this would be such a prevalent problem.

Let me say I highly respect Joe and have a roaster too but I need to be honest here and express my frustration. When I emailed tek support you immediately get an email back telling of the hard water problems. Obviously there are issues here.
showing page 84 of 113 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Now we know what...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.405172109604)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+