Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Bunn Trifecta MB Owners' Thread
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta MB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 14 of 47 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
jbviau
jbviau
Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012, 8:55am
Subject: Re: Bunn Trifecta MB Owner's Thread

Jim, if I'm right that you're keeping the brew chamber in/on the machine, do you just leave it *loosely* in place, or do you push the chamber all the way back so that the air infusion nozzle is fully engaged? Simply curious...

--------------------

Unrelated: here's a relevant Trifecta blog post with implications for one's choice of turbulence setting: http://trifectaexperience.com/BaristaBanterPost.aspx?id=30
 View Profile Link to this post
sweaner
sweaner
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano, Arrarex Caravel, La...
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, OE Pharos
Drip: Bunn Trifecta MB
Roaster: Poppery II
Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012, 12:33pm

I leave my latch up, with the brew chamber in the machine, just to keep it out of the way.

-Scott
“Coffee - the favorite drink of the civilized world.”
Thomas Jefferson
redkiosk
redkiosk

Espresso: Illy Francis-Francis X1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso w/ Esatto...
Vac Pot: Someday, very intriguing!
Drip: Trifecta MB, Kalita Wave...
Roaster: A sure path to divorce!
Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012, 1:49pm

jbviau Said:

Jim, if I'm right that you're keeping the brew chamber in/on the machine, do you just leave it *loosely* in place, or do you push the chamber all the way back so that the air infusion nozzle is fully engaged? Simply curious...

Posted September 21, 2012 link

Josh,

Usually it's pushed all the way back, engaging the nozzle. Probably, over time, its increasing the wear and tear on the nozzle O-ring. It's running like a fine Swiss watch though and the coffee has never tasted better. I was thinking of asking Amanda to put together a complete seal kit so I could have it handy in case anything wore out or failed. I shudder at the thought of how many cups of Trifecta MB coffee I would miss waiting for replacement part to be mailed to me. Take care!

Jim

The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!
sweaner
sweaner
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano, Arrarex Caravel, La...
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, OE Pharos
Drip: Bunn Trifecta MB
Roaster: Poppery II
Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012, 9:23am

I asked Amanda from Bunn. Here is her response:

Hi Scott,

Great question.  As long as the Brew Chamber is dry, it's fine to store it in the machine.  I'd leave the latch down just so it doesn't take up as much space.  Either way, we suggest a water only brew to flush any particulates and lubricate the valves.  We also like hanging the lid on the top of the water reservoir to help it air dry (see attached picture).  

Amanda

The picture just shows the lid of the water reservoir sitting in the water reservoir, allowing everything to dry. I will start doing this at night. If we keep the chamber in, but not latched, it will dry overnight.

-Scott
“Coffee - the favorite drink of the civilized world.”
Thomas Jefferson
jbviau
jbviau

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012, 9:37am

Thanks, Scott. This topic has inspired me to experiment with changing my cleaning/storage routine. The only problem is that I'm not used to it yet, so I've mistakenly dumped freshly ground coffee into my wife's tea chamber twice now. Easily fixed, but still... ;)
redkiosk
redkiosk

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012, 3:06pm

jbviau Said:

I've mistakenly dumped freshly ground coffee into my wife's tea chamber twice now. Easily fixed, but still... ;)

Posted September 24, 2012 link

Maybe you should have put some serifs on that little "t" you marked on her brew chamber. Would have been much easier to see! :-)

Take care!

Jim

jbviau
jbviau

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012, 6:19pm

Spoken like a true designer! ;) Maybe so, but I think moving her chamber away from where I used to keep mine would help, too.
jojo1

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012, 2:57pm

I have a question about grind settings that folks use/prefer for the Trifecta.  I have a Baratza Virtuoso; its markings are from 0 (finest) to 40 (coarsest).  On that scale (or, even better, with that grinder) what settings are folks using?  

(As a bonus, if folks have particularly good "recipes," can you pass them along -- in other words, coffee type, coffee amount, grind setting, water amount and machine settings.  If there's another place where folks have listed their favorite recipes, and meone could pass me on to that, that would be great.)  

Thanks.
DanH

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: GS/3
Grinder: K10 Fresh
Drip: Trifecta MB
Roaster: Quest M3
Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012, 5:32pm

My Virtuoso is at 27.  That said, I don't necessarily believe they're all calibrated the same.  I use 22 grams of coffee for 12 ounces of water.
redkiosk
redkiosk

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012, 6:07pm

I've been leaving my Baratza Preciso set at 25F for the last month or so and using 25.7 grams of coffee for 12 ounces of water. Turbulence setting are another thing… as I've been messing with those a lot lately. Take care!

Jim

showing page 14 of 47 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta MB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.292423963547)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+