Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Aerobie Aeropress
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Aerobie...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 285 of 288 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
CoffeeRon
CoffeeRon
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Wega Lyra, Europiccola(still...
Grinder: Macap M7D, Pharos, Vario W,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam CoffeeMaster
Drip: Melita BCM-4
Roaster: FR SR500,B-1600, SC/TO
Posted Sat Jun 7, 2014, 1:07pm
Subject: Re: Aerobie Aeropress

z0mbie Said:

Aeropress championships?  

Eh I should not make fun of this considering some folks may take it very seriously.

Posted June 5, 2014 link

Yes they do actually- they travel from all over the world for it. Hosted by Stumptown this year- had to be some pretty good coffee there!
 View Profile Link to this post
CoffeeRon
CoffeeRon

Espresso: Wega Lyra, Europiccola(still...
Grinder: Macap M7D, Pharos, Vario W,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam CoffeeMaster
Drip: Melita BCM-4
Roaster: FR SR500,B-1600, SC/TO
Posted Sat Jun 7, 2014, 1:11pm
Subject: Re: Aerobie Aeropress - Tote Bag?

Rick Said:

I've had my Aeropress for several years - probably 7 or 8 -  - and I use it for BBQs, camping, picnics, and while traveling.

The original box it came in is getting pretty ratty-looking. I've seen Aeropress tote bags advertised. Has anyone used one of these tote bags? Are they the right size? Well made? Worth getting?

Thanks!

Posted June 5, 2014 link

Hey Java Man, long time no see! Still enjoying the Wega very much five years later :) Learned a lot since way back then. Added an Erics grouphead thermometer in March, really helped me get a handle on this dragon.

Hope you're doing well,

Ron
slickfast

Posted Sat Jun 7, 2014, 8:37pm

Rick Said:

I've had my Aeropress for several years - probably 7 or 8 -  - and I use it for BBQs, camping, picnics, and while traveling.

The original box it came in is getting pretty ratty-looking. I've seen Aeropress tote bags advertised. Has anyone used one of these tote bags? Are they the right size? Well made? Worth getting?

Thanks!

Posted June 5, 2014 link

I understand your frustration, and no I don't recommend the tote bag. I didn't like it because it meant you have yet another piece to keep track of. I want less clutter in my life, not more. Recently, I created a solution that I'm going to try to produce through Kickstarter. Check out the video below and let me know if you like it!

Link to video

If this is something you're interested in, please send me a message and I'll let you know when the campaign is up and running so you can get in at the early-bird special!
Riocruzer

Posted Sun Jun 8, 2014, 4:43pm

jpender Said:

Could you explain exactly what you mean? Do you take the seal off of the plunger and put a weight on it or do you balance an 8lb weight on the end of the plunger?

Posted June 5, 2014 link

I keep the seal on the plunger and balance the lead weight on it.  It keeps the seal flattened out instead of shrinking up and not working.

Riocruzer: P1040347.gif
(Click for larger image)
rhyven
rhyven

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo
Grinder: Breville Smart Ginder
Drip: Aeropress
Roaster: Weka Coffee, NZ  ;-)
Posted Sun Jun 8, 2014, 6:24pm

slickfast Said:

Recently, I created a solution that I'm going to try to produce through Kickstarter. Check out the video below and let me know if you like it!  If this is something you're interested in, please send me a message and I'll let you know when the campaign is up and running so you can get in at the early-bird special!

Posted June 7, 2014 link

Slickfast - I love the solution you've come up with.  It's a very elegant design, and it looks to be quite lightweight as well.  I don't move my Aeropress enough to justify buying one, but I wish you good luck!
slickfast

Posted Sun Jun 8, 2014, 8:32pm

rhyven Said:

Slickfast - I love the solution you've come up with.  It's a very elegant design, and it looks to be quite lightweight as well.  I don't move my Aeropress enough to justify buying one, but I wish you good luck!

Posted June 8, 2014 link

Wow, thank you so much for the kind words! Quite alright alright about not personally needing one, I know this won't be for everyone. In fact, the whole point of the Kickstarter is to see if there is enough interest to actually warrant getting this thing mass produced! Thank you again, and if you think you know anyone else who might be interested please direct them to me!

I'm also working on a hand grinder adapter, so you can grind directly into the press. Maybe more people will like that!
jamierayo

Espresso: Breville DB, Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Mazzer Major, Mini E,...
Drip: Aeropress, Kalita Wave
Roaster: iRoast2, Behmor
Posted Sun Jun 8, 2014, 9:09pm

Slickfast,
I tried to find you on kickstarter, but couldn't.

I did find another interesting Aeropress accessory.
The Spressa:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spressa/spressa-enhance-your-aeropress-experience?ref=discovery

I'm not sure it's something I'd use, since the Aeropress is mostly a travel brewer for me. I do like it though, & I'm tempted to pledge & buy one anyway.
slickfast

Posted Mon Jun 9, 2014, 4:22am

jamierayo Said:

Slickfast,
I tried to find you on kickstarter, but couldn't.

I did find another interesting Aeropress accessory.
The Spressa:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spressa/spressa-enhance-your-aeropress-experience?ref=discovery

I'm not sure it's something I'd use, since the Aeropress is mostly a travel brewer for me. I do like it though, & I'm tempted to pledge & buy one anyway.

Posted June 8, 2014 link

Jamie,

Thanks for looking! I don't actually have the prototype finished yet, so I haven't started the campaign. I want the design to be absolutely perfect before I go and ask for people's money. I you'd like I can shoot you a message when it's up though!

I hadn't seen that Spressa thing. I agree with you, since I'm always taking my aeropress different places, but it looks well made and I love the look of the scoop!
Prof
Prof
Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: PV Lusso
Grinder: Pharos 696
Roaster: Behmor 1600+
Posted Mon Jun 9, 2014, 7:35am

"I did find another interesting Aeropress accessory.  The Spressa:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spressa/spressa-enhance-your-aeropress-experience?ref=discovery"

Thanks for the URL.  I signed up for the $39 device.  It should be a fun device to use with the Aeropress.

AND ...  it's made here in Seattle!

LMWDP # 010
jpender
jpender
Expertise: I like coffee

Grinder: OE LIDO
Vac Pot: S/S Moka Pot
Posted Mon Jun 9, 2014, 2:30pm

Riocruzer Said:

I keep the seal on the plunger and balance the lead weight on it.

http://www.coffeegeek.com/images/65859/P1040347.gif

Posted June 8, 2014 link

That's a great photo, Riocruzer!

I like the idea behind these kickstarter Aeropress kits, but I'm not going to be really interested in one unless it comes with an 8 pound lead weight.
showing page 285 of 288 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Aerobie...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.433773994446)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+