Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Now we know what GORT is (Behmor BraZen Brewer)
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Now we know what...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 92 of 113 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Thu Mar 14, 2013, 11:10am
Subject: Re: Now we know what GORT is (Behmor BraZen Brewer)

joc3721 Said:

I'm starting to get a lot of water remaining in the reservoir after brewing,  1/4 to 3/4 inch, much more than would come from condensation.  All the water is not getting to the brew basket.  Ran dezcal and still getting the same result.  Any solutions to this?  Sorry if this has been addressed before.

Posted March 4, 2013 link

A little late with my reply, but it was happening to me as well recently- try this:
Time the brew, and when it is nearing the end, open and slightly life the reservoir cover. I found I was getting a "vapor lock" for the lid fitting too tightly when it got hot and the gap got wet and became sealed causing a partial vacuum in the reservoir. I have a replacement lid on the way and will see if my theory <doesn't> hold water after replacing it.   ;-)

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
PBC

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Gaggia MDF & Breville...
Posted Thu Mar 14, 2013, 3:34pm

CraigA Said:

I get 15" exactly, a horizontal level across the top., & measuring directly to the surface the brewer sits on.

For only ", I'd make it work! Any way you don't have to put it under the counter top/cabinets?
I don't have the real estate on my 1956 countertop, so I use my brewer on the electric stovetop. It fits perfectly between the four burners. {;-)

Posted March 14, 2013 link

Yeah, unfortunately the Missus wasn't a fan, to put it mildly, of the look of that brewer in the first place so putting it anywhere other than under the counter won't work!  Plus she wanted a minimum 10 oz brewer so that's three strikes!  If you can recco another brewer that we can find in Toronto do let me know (have another thread asking about the Bunn so as to not derail this one!).
 View Profile Link to this post
PBC

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Gaggia MDF & Breville...
Posted Thu Mar 14, 2013, 4:13pm

Are there rubber feet of any consequence on the bottom that can be removed?
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Thu Mar 14, 2013, 5:10pm

No feet worth removing (2mm or so gained, max) and the aluminum base might scratch the counters.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
JavaGator

Posted Sun Mar 17, 2013, 6:00am

No matter when I remove the filter basket after brewing, I get a significant amount of water draining onto the bottom plate.  I tried leaving the brew basket in for 8 hours after brewing and it still drains water onto the bottom plate.  The boiler only has what seems to be condensation water in it after brewing, so I'm wondering why I keep draining water well after the brew cycle.  I have done the dezcal cleaning.  Any ideas or explanation for this.
LiferJuice
LiferJuice

Grinder: Capresso Infinity Stainless
Drip: Behmor, Technivorm
Posted Sun Mar 17, 2013, 11:55am

My Brazen makes a great cuppa Joe but the carafe leaves a lot to be desired.

This thing leaks like a sieve when pouring. >:(
cafedj

Espresso: Bialetti, Aeropress
Grinder: Rocky doserless
Vac Pot: Bodum
Drip: Behmor Brazen
Roaster: Counter Culture
Posted Sun Mar 17, 2013, 1:12pm

LiferJuice Said:

My Brazen makes a great cuppa Joe but the carafe leaves a lot to be desired.

This thing leaks like a sieve when pouring. >:(

Posted March 17, 2013 link

Several of us have posted this tip:

"Re: Brazen Review online"
LIY

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Mon Mar 18, 2013, 3:51am

frcn Said:

A little late with my reply, but it was happening to me as well recently- try this:
Time the brew, and when it is nearing the end, open and slightly life the reservoir cover. I found I was getting a "vapor lock" for the lid fitting too tightly when it got hot and the gap got wet and became sealed causing a partial vacuum in the reservoir. I have a replacement lid on the way and will see if my theory <doesn't> hold water after replacing it.   ;-)

Posted March 14, 2013 link

Up earlier than usual this morning - Brazen set to brew at 5:45 a.m.  Wanted to warm the carafe, so I caught the brewer in the middle of its pre-infusion cycle, ran a couple of hot water rinses through the carafe and set it back in place.  About 6-7 minutes later the Brazen beeped, and, upon further observation, I found about a quarter inch of water in the brew chamber.  Emptied that out and brewed a new pot - no problems, no water left in the chamber.

So I am left with the thought that more creative forms of brewing one's morning coffee ought not be attempted on the Brazen - automatic is good (actually, very good)!  I wonder if those who have experienced this problem (of 1/4 inch or more of water in the brew chamber) have varied the auto routine.

LIY
LiferJuice
LiferJuice

Grinder: Capresso Infinity Stainless
Drip: Behmor, Technivorm
Posted Tue Mar 19, 2013, 12:59am

cafedj Said:

Several of us have posted this tip:

"Re: Brazen Review online"

Posted March 17, 2013 link

My carafe leaks from under the black rim any way I hold it.

It actually seeps out right between the stainless carafe and the black upper plastic piece.
CraigA
CraigA
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Tue Mar 19, 2013, 7:24am

LiferJuice Said:

My carafe leaks from under the black rim any way I hold it.

It actually seeps out right between the stainless carafe and the black upper plastic piece.

Posted March 19, 2013 link

Hi Brian,
Waay back in the thread I posted that on my (very 1st Canadian pre-order lot) brewer that I couldn't even use my brand new Brazen.

Joe Behm President of Behmor/Brazen saw this & was horrified as to what the problem was. I didn't even want to start using the unit because I had a mis-aligned silicone seal that wasn't properly assembled, & a portion of it was partially hanging out from between the top of the ss carafe & the black top piece like a tongue!
I didn't want to take it apart on my own to fix it & have warranty issues.

Within a few minutes of my post, Joe had contacted me.
They were so new that Joe hadn't even dissembled one yet, but he said that they were the same carafe as a Mr. Coffee one. Inside of another minute or two, Joe took apart the carafe & explained to me how to do it., & gave me the go ahead to fix it.

It was very simple to do, & I had the silicone seal re-aligned in no time.
I'm sure you've looked, but if not., look a little more closely at the interface between the two areas & please see if there's a mis-alignment problem there.

It's been some time since I fixed/corrected mine, & I can't remember which way the handle (handle outer cover is taken/popped off too) is supposed to turn to release the black top., so I'd call Bob Rodda or email customer service & ask for help.

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
showing page 92 of 113 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Now we know what...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.386130094528)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+