Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Technivorm KGBT741 or other suggestions ?
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Technivorm...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 4 last page next page
Author Messages
popcorn1

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu Oct 4, 2012, 9:23am
Subject: Technivorm KGBT741 or other suggestions ?

I'm looking for a solid drip 10 cup coffee maker and would like some guggestions. The Bonavita looks like it's well respected but it's only 8 cup. Suggestions ?
 View Profile Link to this post
CraigA
CraigA
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Thu Oct 4, 2012, 9:27am
Subject: Re: Technivorm KGBT741 or other suggestions ?

Hi C,

Welcome to the Coffeegeek forums! {;-)

Without any hesitation, I'd highly recommend the Behmor BraZen with a doubt it's a revolutionary brewer. It is a 40 oz/1.2 liter brewing system.

Please see & read this thread: "Now we know what GORT is (Behmor BraZen Brewer)"

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
popcorn1

Posted Thu Oct 4, 2012, 9:35am

would like a 10 cup machine
CraigA
CraigA

Posted Thu Oct 4, 2012, 9:38am

Yes, of course I saw that.
By "cup" & that varies widely on brewers, what do you mean by a 'cup'?, 6, 8oz?

The brewer you referred to is (42 oz or 10 four oz cups), only a 2 oz difference!

View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
garyhow

Espresso: Rocket Giotto Premium Plus
Grinder: Mazzer Mini, Baratza...
Drip: Technivorm MoccaMaster
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Thu Oct 4, 2012, 11:09am

Just thought I would add my two cents here....

I've owned a Technivorm Thermal CDT for three years and loved it but decided to try out the Brazen. I pre-ordered it from Roastmasters and received it three days ago.

I've used it for the last two mornings and honestly for me I can taste a world of difference in the brewed coffee. The Brazen is producing a superior tasting cup of coffee that both I and my wife have noticed...

Yes, I was concerned about the difference in the ounces brewed, but it turns out to be a non-issue for me. Each morning my wife and I sit down and each drink two oversized cups of coffee while talking. With the Technivorm we easily filled up the two cups and I usually had a small amount left in the pot, maybe a couple of ounces, which never made it to our cups.... With the Brazen, I fill the our two cups twice each, with nothing left over. It is just enough coffee.... If it helps, the cups are from Sur-La-Table, they're oversized white and either made in Turkey or Portugal.

I roast my own coffee .... and honestly, it has never tasted this good....

The Brazen will produce hotter coffee than the Technivorm.... I had to go thru a pre-heat routine with the Technivorm. I would run hot water thru the Thermal Pot and the cups we use to ensure the coffee was nice and hot when I poured it.... The Brazen, due to the way it is engineered, gets the hot water thru the coffee and into the carafe in a way to ensure its really hot... A nice bonus.... The programmable Pre-Soak I'm sure is contributing to the great tasting final product....

I've put my Technivorm up for sale and I'm keeping the Brazen.... For me, It has lived up to the hype... It works...
popcorn1

Posted Fri Oct 5, 2012, 4:36am

So Craig & Gary you thing the Behmor Brazen is the way to go over the Technivorm ? Roastmasters is the source you would recommend purchasing it from ?
CraigA
CraigA

Posted Fri Oct 5, 2012, 6:01am

popcorn1 Said:

So Craig & Gary you thing the Behmor Brazen is the way to go over the Technivorm ?

Posted October 5, 2012 link

Absolutely & with ANY doubt, this is a revolutionary brewer & brewing system that's going to take the coffee world by storm, NOTHING in the home market will or can touch it!

Roastmasters is the source you would recommend purchasing it from ?

It's entirely up to you & your decision, but they have a good deal there.

I'm sure you have, but please read the specs on the Technivorm versus the Behmor BraZen, it's a no brainer.
Some Coffeegeek members here are selling off their Technivorms & buying the BraZen, that should speak volumes about this brewer.

If you haven't already, please read the first North American professional review of Coffeegeek member frcn Randy Glass's Behmor BraZen Review.

oldgearhead
oldgearhead
Expertise: I like coffee

Grinder: Virtuoso by Baratza
Drip: Chemex,Dilongi DCM900
Roaster: 1/2K Fluid-bed
Posted Fri Oct 5, 2012, 8:32am

One money saving suggestion is the obsolete Kenwood/Delongi DCM900. It's still available on ebait, cheap, and it will get the water hot 204F-206F. However, it might fail in about 15 months. Also if you are a home roaster, you will need to handle the bloom manually, but that's easy with the DCM. Other brewers that make very good, and hot drip coffee are:
1) The  Clover - very expensive but it can make one great cup at a time.
2) Any of the 2-liter air-pot brewers with temperature adjustment  like the Bloomfield, Grindmaster, and some Bunn models. Note: They won't fit under many kitchen counters.
3) Brazen - 1.2 liter, adjustable temperature, and pre-soak.
EricBNC
EricBNC
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM Silvano, LP Stradivarius,...
Grinder: K30, Major, Preciso, Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C30, Bodum Santos...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800,...
Roaster: Behmor, Melitta, Fresh...
Posted Fri Oct 5, 2012, 12:14pm

oldgearhead Said:

One money saving suggestion is the obsolete Kenwood/Delongi DCM900. It's still available on ebait, cheap, and it will get the water hot 204F-206F. However, it might fail in about 15 months. Also if you are a home roaster, you will need to handle the bloom manually, but that's easy with the DCM. Other brewers that make very good, and hot drip coffee are:
1) The  Clover - very expensive but it can make one great cup at a time.
2) Any of the 2-liter air-pot brewers with temperature adjustment  like the Bloomfield, Grindmaster, and some Bunn models. Note: They won't fit under many kitchen counters.
3) Brazen - 1.2 liter, adjustable temperature, and pre-soak.

Posted October 5, 2012 link

Be careful oldgearhead - Imawriter only accepts posts on CG recommending the Brazen ; )

Back on topic - the Technivorm is a nice brewer, but for a lot less money the Bonavita BV-1800 is just as good. I have both. I did review the Bodum Bistro brewer and liked it a lot - good coffee and an attractive design - too bad it costs $250 though.

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Machine now fixed ;o)
Grinder: None
Vac Pot: None
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Fri Oct 5, 2012, 12:39pm

You might pick up a very good second user deal on all those Technivorms that are being sold off......
showing page 1 of 4 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Technivorm...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.30557513237)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+