Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Now we know what GORT is (Behmor BraZen Brewer)
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Now we know what...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 42 of 111 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
oldgearhead
oldgearhead
Expertise: I like coffee

Grinder: Virtuoso by Baratza
Drip: Chemex,Dilongi DCM900
Roaster: 1/2K Fluid-bed
Posted Wed Oct 3, 2012, 1:10pm
Subject: Re: Now we know what GORT is (Behmor BraZen Brewer)

Thanks everyone for the quick replies to my questions.
It looks like the Brazen uses the same spray head design as my old Bloomfield, great!
Pre-soak the easy way, great!
Temperature control at your finger tips, great!
Maybe I can live with flat-bottom filters, after all the old 2L Integrity makes great coffee,

So, as soon as this DCM900 dies maybe I'll get one. In the meantime, I'll pre-soak with water from the range,
and I'm stuck with the Melitta #4 and 204F water from the brewer.
 View Profile Link to this post
tahoejoe
tahoejoe
Expertise: I live coffee

Grinder: Solis Maestro
Drip: Behmor Brazen Brew System
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Oct 3, 2012, 1:27pm

With all due respect OGH the dispersion disc is a one of kind custom design we spent over 6 months developing to include things never done in any brew head or spray head. The intricacy and care taken for the water to be moved evenly using gravity only required hundreds and hundreds of hours of test and work.

Nothing about the Brazen was copied from any source.

REMINDER: Never leave the roaster unattended when in use !!   And remember to use our Rosetta Stone tip PART V PARAGRAPH 3.. it works !!!

www.behmor.com

Twitter: www.twitter.com/behmor
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Behmor-Inc/214061212036763#!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Joel_B
Joel_B
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Astra Mega II
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, Virtuoso
Vac Pot: Yama 5 cup
Drip: nope, french press
Roaster: Behmor, WP, BBQ drum
Posted Wed Oct 3, 2012, 2:28pm

Howdy folks!

been perusing this thread a little and it's only making me more and more excited to get mine!  When I saw it at SCAA, it all made so much sense and produced an amazing cup.  Be another month before I'll get it, but anxiously awaiting none the less.  Hey, I'm giving up a GS3 to get this  (no, not that GS3 lol).
CraigA
CraigA

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Wed Oct 3, 2012, 2:34pm

Great Joel! <thumbs up!>

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
JavaGator

Posted Wed Oct 3, 2012, 2:44pm

Just set-up the Brazen that was delivered today.  The set-up is easier than I expected.  My only problem is that I added water and coffee and told it to make my coffee and it didn't.  The tactile quality is impressive.  I will make a pot using my standard canned coffee just to see if the brewer can make my cup taste better by virtue of the brewer alone.
IMAWriter
IMAWriter

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600, CO/UFO combo
Posted Wed Oct 3, 2012, 2:46pm

Try hitting start twice.

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Wed Oct 3, 2012, 2:50pm

Joe told me I received one of the first ten shipped off the production line's initial run. The serial number does not seem to reflect that it was one of the first ten actually produced, but I still feel special..    Just feel me and you will see!  ;-)

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
JavaGator

Posted Wed Oct 3, 2012, 2:57pm

Just brewed a pot of my standard Yuban from a can.  I set pre-soak at 15 sec and temp at 201.  I used the same amount of coffee I used in my Cuisinart.  I can tell you it made a darker and stronger cup of coffee.  

I always used the gold filter with my Cuisinart.  I just gave the filter and and filter holder a rinse in hot water under the tap.  Is there a preferred method to clean the filter and holder?  I'm thinking maybe I would use the paper filters instead.  Any thoughts?
brazen1

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Oct 3, 2012, 5:34pm

JavaGator Said:

I always used the gold filter with my Cuisinart.  I just gave the filter and and filter holder a rinse in hot water under the tap.  Is there a preferred method to clean the filter and holder?  

Posted October 3, 2012 link

That's how I've always done it. Maybe every few days hit it with a sponge and some dish soap and then rinse under the faucet. I always keep the gold filter as the emergency reserve for the inevitable morning I reach in the cupboard to find an empty package of filters. I don't like the sediment from the gold filters. Paper filters for the BraZen (Melitta 8-12 cup flat filters) are dirt cheap. I can't remember, but I think I paid $2 for a package of 200 at the grocery store. I think they fit all the Mr. Coffee brewers, so it's a high volume item!

They are also the perfect size, laid flat, to put under stuff on the digital food scale!

PS: Gold filters also come in very handy if an old cork crumbles into a bottle of wine. Just pour the wine thru the gold filter and capture the cork bits. :) I've had the same old Krups Swiss Gold melita style filter for over 30 years, lurking in the back of a kitchen cupboard, usually hiding under the old ceramic Melitta drip cone (the matching pot long ago broken), as an emergency coffee brewer.
The_Coffee_Guy
The_Coffee_Guy

Grinder: Baratza Encore
Drip: Behmor BraZen Brew System,...
Posted Wed Oct 3, 2012, 6:59pm

Wow Craig, I'm surprised 45 seconds did it for 2nd day after roast coffee beans. My journey will begin tomorrow night with the calibration and first pot. the counter wanted to give mourning time for the Bunn haha. I hope you wore your fancy BraZen shirt for the launch  of your machine :)
showing page 42 of 111 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Now we know what...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.294675827026)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+