Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Bunn Trifecta MB Owners' Thread
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta MB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 13 of 46 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
mike01

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Izzo Alex
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, Vario-W
Vac Pot: Yama Stovetop
Drip: Bunn Trifecta
Roaster: Hottop
Posted Fri Aug 17, 2012, 8:32pm
Subject: Re: Bunn Trifecta MB Owner's Thread

sweaner Said:

I hope they send that tool to everyone who has purchased the machine.

Posted August 13, 2012 link

It looks like they are, I received one in the mail a couple of days ago.  It's great that BUNN supports the machine so well, especially considering how low of a volume they are probably making these as compared to their other products.
 View Profile Link to this post
sweaner
sweaner
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano, Arrarex Caravel, La...
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, OE Pharos
Drip: Bunn Trifecta MB
Roaster: Poppery II
Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012, 8:30am

I had something interesting happen this morning. When I took it our of sleep mode, I heard a pop, and now the brew button light only has the more dim light on. I think the bulb (?LED) went! The machine heated and brewed fine...thankfully. I sent a note to Amanda about it.

-Scott
“Coffee - the favorite drink of the civilized world.”
Thomas Jefferson
jbviau
jbviau

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012, 8:33am

Is she back from leave? You might try Lisa, too, or just go through normal, non-geek channels. ;) I do love a bright blue light--reminds me of runways.
redkiosk
redkiosk

Espresso: Illy Francis-Francis X1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso w/ Esatto...
Vac Pot: Someday, very intriguing!
Drip: Trifecta MB, Kalita Wave...
Roaster: A sure path to divorce!
Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012, 9:34am

I had a weird "pop" this weekend too, but it was during the press-out phase. Resulted in an incomplete press-out and some pretty weak tasting coffee. Culprit was a bunch of coffee chaff sitting near the top of the brew chamber, where the big shower head seal mates with the inner lip of the brew chamber. I'm a little more careful now to make sure there is no chaff hanging there after I dump in the grounds. A quick wipe with my finger around the inside lip works great. Take care!

Jim

The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!
jbviau
jbviau

Posted Wed Aug 29, 2012, 12:02pm

A few things I noticed today...

1) Accessories are now listed as available online: http://www.bunnathome.com/accessories?product=2106

2) Sweet Maria's is now selling the Trifecta MB: Click Here (www.sweetmarias.com)

First retailer I've seen! They've got a fun little video review up as well: Click Here (www.youtube.com)
sweaner
sweaner

Posted Wed Aug 29, 2012, 5:00pm

Well, I think it was MY brain that was not functioning! Later that day the MB seemed fine, so I will just keep an eye on it.

-Scott
Thomas Jefferson
sweaner
sweaner

Posted Sun Sep 9, 2012, 6:19pm

I tried the brew chamber tool today. It works like a charm, well designed.

-Scott
Thomas Jefferson
jbviau
jbviau

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012, 1:59pm

^^^ Yup! I like mine, too.

In other news, for some reason I had the manual out today and noticed a little nugget I'd missed before. It's on p. 6 under "use & care tips":

"...If water reservoir is in the machine when you pour in water, fill it to the bottom line of the desired ounce marking. If water reservoir is at a faucet or other water source when you put it water, fill it to the top line of the desired ounce marking."

Normally I leave the reservoir in place and fill it with the beaker, but I *had* noticed that when you fill the reservoir elsewhere and then seat it in the machine the water level immediately goes down by a finger's width or so. I'd always meant to come back to this but kept forgetting.

Anyway, just now I used my scale to measure how much water we're talking about here, i.e. the amount it takes to fill the reservoir from the bottom of a given ounce marking to the top: it's ~21.6 g. Please file this under "for what it's worth," which I admit probably isn't much. Since I'd typically been filling my reservoir to the top of the 10-oz. box rather than the bottom, I'd been using a 16:1 water-coffee ratio rather than 15:1, as it turns out. Good to know!
redkiosk
redkiosk

Espresso: Illy Francis-Francis X1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso w/ Esatto...
Vac Pot: Someday, very intriguing!
Drip: Trifecta MB, Kalita Wave...
Roaster: A sure path to divorce!
Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012, 12:40pm

What's the owner's consensus for position of the latch when in the standby mode? I've been leaving mine in the up or unlocked position, just to eliminate the condensation that forms and eventual water build-up in the bottom of the brew chamber. My Trifecta MB is used at least twice during the day, so I really don't think anything would be growing in that little tropical "aquarium", but was wondering what other owners are doing. Thanks for any opinions and take care!

Jim

The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!
jbviau
jbviau

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012, 7:58pm

Down, but I don't keep a brew chamber in the machine. The one we've designated for tea tends to live in a cupboard since it's only used a few times a week, while the coffee brew chamber can most often be found upside down drying somewhere else. Right, I don't want water to accumulate at the bottom of it.
showing page 13 of 46 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta MB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.276638031006)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+