Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
aeropress for 2 or 3
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > aeropress for 2...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Kelham
Kelham
Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2012, 10:35am
Subject: aeropress for 2 or 3

Hello,

Does anyone have any tips for aeropressing for 2 or 3 people?

Thanks
 View Profile Link to this post
JKalpin
JKalpin

Espresso: Aerobie Aeropress
Grinder: Baratza Maestro Plus
Vac Pot: Yama 5-Cup
Drip: Krups Moka Brew, BraZen
Roaster: Freshroast+8, Behmor 1600+
Posted Sat Jun 30, 2012, 12:26pm
Subject: Re: aeropress for 2 or 3

The numbers on the side seem to indicate you can do 2 or 3 cups but I'm not sure if those are 5-oz cups or 8-oz mugs.  I'm a mug guy myself.

The way I use it (inverted) is to put 16gm +/- of coffee, fill it up with 190F water, stir it and plunge.  I get half a mug of concentrate.  I top it up with hot water and I'm done.  I have always (for me) considered it a 1 mug device.

That brings up the issue of 'right-sizing'.  For 1 mug I use my Aeropress.  For 2 I would use a Bialetti Moka Pot.  For 4 mugs I have a Krups Moka Brew that does 36 oz.

I believe that designers of coffee brewers design for a full pot.  Nevertheless, we geeks are creative.  Let us know how you make out using the Aeropress for 2 or 3.  Maybe more coffee ...finer grind ...hotter water ...!

Jerry
Netphilosopher

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sun Jul 1, 2012, 10:44am

Captain Obvious to the Rescue!!!

Brew 2 or 3 cups successively in the AeroPress.

LOL
gimpy

Espresso: Old repaired Starbucks...
Grinder: Zassenhaus
Drip: the AeroPress, Clever Coffee...
Roaster: Behmor 1600 replaces (still...
Posted Mon Jul 2, 2012, 3:09pm

When I brew with my AP, I brew about 300 grams of water to about 20 grams of beans.
You might try a using a very, very strong concentration of coffee such as 40 or 50 grams of coffee to 250 or so of water and then adding an additional 2 or 300 grams of water to that concentrate. It should give you 20-22 ounces of coffee or so. See how it tastes. That should be a good two 10 ounce cups of Joe.

Tom has a video on making a cup that way.

Frank, "Still the one"
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > aeropress for 2...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Grey Seal Coffee
We Roast Exceptional Coffee. See Our Brew Guides And Our Coffee Courses. 10% off with 'coffeegeek'!
greysealcoffee.co.uk
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.229457139969)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+