Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Wonderful customer service from Baratza
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Wonderful...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
adamroth75
adamroth75
Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Wed Jun 27, 2012, 6:38am
Subject: Wonderful customer service from Baratza

Hope this doesn't set off anyone's BS detector, seeing as this is my first post here, but I wanted to register so I could congratulate a good company on some great service.

My Baratza Virtuoso grinder had a couple of issues crop up over the last several months. At first, the burr wasn't spinning unless I would manually jiggle and twist it. I emailed Baratza and within 24 hours they had replied to my email, diagnosed the problem, and were sending me a replacement motor free of charge via UPS. Awesome.

And then just last week I experienced a new issue where the motor was clearly running, but making a high whirring sound and not engaging the burr, as if there was a stripped gear somewhere. Well again, they helped me diagnose it and sent me a replacement drive shaft and gear assembly for free, and immediately. They were even responsive when I ran into a couple issues with the installation.

It's also worth noting that they have very nice repair pdfs posted on their site. Good pictures and clear directions.

At this rate, I may never buy another grinder, seeing as I can keep repairing this one for free! But if I do need to get a new one, I'm sure it will a Baratza (sorry that sounds like ad copy, but it's true!)

cheers,
Adam
 View Profile Link to this post
emradguy
emradguy
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4 x2, VDD...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Wed Jun 27, 2012, 7:21am
Subject: Re: Wonderful customer service from Baratza

welcome to CG and thanks for posting your experience.  

There are other posts about good companies in the coffee industry and there are others posting great compliment to Baratza, but not as detailed as you did.  I'd be surprised if this registers on anyone's BS detector.  I didn't know they have detailed "how-to"s on the repairs, so thanks for that additional info.  I have a grinder of theirs I need to work on when I get some time, and it'll come in handy I'm sure.

You also might want to know that Kyle (from Baratza) is a member here and posts occasionally, so he is likely to read your post.  I'm sure he appreciates all the praises they receives.

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
redkiosk
redkiosk
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Illy Francis-Francis X1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso w/ Esatto...
Vac Pot: Someday, very intriguing!
Drip: Trifecta MB, Kalita Wave...
Roaster: A sure path to divorce!
Posted Wed Jun 27, 2012, 9:21am

Baratza customer service is definitely not from this planet. I too was able to sample their fantastic customer service. Pierce Jens immediately identified the problem with my new Preciso and I received an email with a tracking number for a replacement grinder within 30 minutes. I was back grinding beans in three days. Doesn't get better than that! Take care!

Jim

The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!
JKalpin
JKalpin

Espresso: Aerobie Aeropress
Grinder: Baratza Maestro Plus
Vac Pot: Yama 5-Cup
Drip: Krups Moka Brew, BraZen
Roaster: Freshroast+8, Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Jun 27, 2012, 9:21am

Welcome to the news forum.

If you were to search all the posts you would find dozens (hundreds ...?) of posts like yours, about the level and quality of support from Baratza.  That doesn't mean their machines break a lot.  It means that they provide unusually good support when they do.  And, believe it or not, you (and I) through posts like this provide better advertising than they could buy in any other way.  So it's a win-win situation.  

If I had to send my Maestro Plus back for repair, considering the service cost and shipping, I would have to discard it and buy a new grinder.

Jerry
Sam21

Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso, LIDO,...
Vac Pot: Siphon, Aeropress, CCD
Drip: Kalita Wave, Beehouse,...
Roaster: Hottop KN-8828B-2K
Posted Thu Jun 28, 2012, 5:51am

JKalpin Said:

Welcome to the news forum.

If you were to search all the posts you would find dozens (hundreds ...?) of posts like yours, about the level and quality of support from Baratza.  That doesn't mean their machines break a lot.  It means that they provide unusually good support when they do.  And, believe it or not, you (and I) through posts like this provide better advertising than they could buy in any other way.  So it's a win-win situation.  

If I had to send my Maestro Plus back for repair, considering the service cost and shipping, I would have to discard it and buy a new grinder.

Posted June 27, 2012 link

+1. Whether sending replacement parts, or a replacement grinder, Baratza's support is second to none.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Wonderful...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.264163970947)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+