Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Bunn Phase Brew™ - New Bunn Brewer
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Phase Brew™...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 43 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
rwgamer

Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Bodum Bistro Burr
Drip: Melitta
Roaster: Toastmaster 6203 (popper)
Posted Sun Sep 5, 2010, 4:15pm
Subject: Re: BUNN Phase Brew - New Bunn Brewer

I really like the looks of the HT.  It looks like an affordable Technivorm.  So far I only see the HG model popping up online at a few stores in the $76-100 price range.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CoffeeRon

Espresso: Wega Lyra, Europiccola(still...
Grinder: Macap M7D, Pharos, Vario W,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam CoffeeMaster
Drip: Melita BCM-4
Roaster: FR SR500,B-1600, SC/TO
Posted Sun Sep 5, 2010, 11:20pm

The status on the link says "out of stock"- dang! Been looking for a new home brewer and I think this will be the one (the thermal of course!). So I'm wondering myself how long I'll be waiting!

gime2much Said:

Yesterday??  Click Here

Posted September 5, 2010 link

View Profile Link to this post
whawhawha
whawhawha

Posted Mon Sep 6, 2010, 7:02pm

Used to own a Bunn Automatic 3 burner diner style commercial brewer.  Took 10 minutes to warm up in the morning and you could keep as many as 3 pots on the go.  This was perfect in my household as I worked from home and had frequent visitors.  It gave out after 20 years of loyal service and Icant seem to find one for less than $800.  Does anyone know of a nice clean used version of this machine?
CraigA
CraigA
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Mon Sep 6, 2010, 7:11pm

O.T. Hi Richard,

Welcome to the Coffeegeek forums! {;-)

Does it have to have 3 burners? How about 2? I just won a BUNN VPR-B pourover on eBay for only $51.00!! This one only went for $40.99!, but has some corrosion issues.

These aren't Canadian auctions, but gives you an idea: Click Here (shop.ebay.ca)   I'd keep an eye out for Canadian eBay used Bunn commercial brewers, & Craigslist also.

What burns my butt, & it'd be great if they shipped to Canada as shipping is INCLUDED in the price to the 48 CONUS, is the Bunn VPR at Costco for only $199.00 brand new!

The Bunn Axiom is only $499.99 @ Costco USA also.. Bunn commercial brewers, except one: Click Here (www.costco.com)

Here's a Bunn VPS 12 Cup Pourover Coffee Brewer with 3 Warmers for only $388.70 at the Greenbeanery

You may see/find what you're looking for though at the Greenbeanery on this listing.

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
mike01

Espresso: Izzo Alex
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, Vario-W
Vac Pot: Yama Stovetop
Drip: Bunn Trifecta
Roaster: Hottop
Posted Tue Sep 7, 2010, 8:13pm

I actually saw one of these for sale in a local store yesterday for $99.  I don't typically make coffee in bulk by the pot, but this could definitely come in handy during holidays and such.  I'm definitely considering picking one up.
wkearney99

Posted Fri Oct 8, 2010, 9:39am

Has anyone seen measurements of the HT?  I've got a location on the counter that's a bit low.  I'd like to know if the HT would fit.
Cecilturtle

Grinder: KitchenAid ProLine
Drip: Bunn HG
Roaster: Nesco
Posted Sun Oct 10, 2010, 6:58am

I just purchased the HG model from ABT Electronics for $99 with free shipping.  I have to say that I am impressed.  I always wanted a Bunn coffee maker, but didn't like the idea of having to keep a tank of water warm constantly.  As soon as I saw this model, I had to have it.  Thank you to the original poster of this topic.

This unit brews excellent coffee.  It works much better than my Cuisinart.
darkman
darkman

Espresso: cuisinart em-200
Grinder: baratza vario
Vac Pot: bodum french press
Drip: bunn ht
Roaster: freshroast sr500
Posted Mon Oct 11, 2010, 2:18am

Finally!  Thank you so much, I have been looking all over the web for a review by someone who bought one. I am holding out for the thermal model, but I can't believe the lack of reviews of the glass model, as its been out over a month now.  Any further info you could post would be great. Thanx
wkearney99

Posted Mon Oct 11, 2010, 6:35am

wkearney99 Said:

Has anyone seen measurements of the HT?  I've got a location on the counter that's a bit low.  I'd like to know if the HT would fit.

Posted October 8, 2010 link

I mailed Bunn and got a reply from Cheryl in Customer support.  The dimensions are 9"W X 10.4"D X 15.6"H

That a little wider/taller than what I've got there now.  But not enough to be a problem.  

Right now I've got the current machine (which I hate so much I can't even remember the brand) and a grinder sitting on a piece of 12"x12" black marble tile (with teflon slider feet under it).  This makes it a lot easier to keep the counter clean.  I'll have to get a wider piece of tile for this one.  I'll just get a 12"x24" piece and cut it to width.  Tile shops usually have singles for samples, or left-overs.

Looks like it might be our next machine!

So, Cecil, how's the construction of it?  Does it seem durable?  Is it first-thing-in-the-morning-brain-dead easy to use?
wkearney99

Posted Mon Oct 11, 2010, 6:56am

darkman Said:

am holding out for the thermal model.

Posted October 11, 2010 link

Is the thermal one shipping?  If so, who's got them?
showing page 2 of 43 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Phase Brew™...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Great Espresso at Home
Curated selection of the best machines from La Spaziale, Izzo, Quick Mill, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.296868085861)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+