Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Bunn Trifecta MB Owners' Thread
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta MB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 25 of 47 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
dgcrowley53

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Saeco Sirena
Grinder: Breville Smart
Vac Pot: nope
Drip: Clever, Aeropress
Roaster: none...yet...
Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013, 9:12pm
Subject: Re: Bunn Trifecta MB Owner's Thread

I am a newbie here...just a lightweight compared to all y'all (hey, I'm in Virginia...it's how we talk...) however...I am consumed with finding the best tasting cup from a single serve brewer. Kurig...please. I've worked my way through all the single cups, except for the ones that weren't even worth trying (and shall remain nameless) and have ended up, after being an Aeropress fan for 2 years, with the CLCD. I got so excited when I found the Bonavita porcelain immersion dripper (at SCG) and was ready to order...and low and behold, stumbled across the Trifecta. I am seriously pissed now; I have to shell out over $500 for this machine. I know it's only a matter of time. I will not be able to resist. I have just accepted it; it is an inevitability. But...a question for those of you with your fingers on the pulse of all this new technology...any chance there are reconditioned machines available yet? Maybe save myself a hundred bucks or so? If any of you have info, please pass it along. Thank you so much. And, I will be back here when I get my Trifecta...maybe someone can make some suggestions to get me started with my Breville Smart Grinder settings and brewing cycles. Thank you!
 View Profile Link to this post
redkiosk
redkiosk

Espresso: Illy Francis-Francis X1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso w/ Esatto...
Vac Pot: Someday, very intriguing!
Drip: Trifecta MB, Kalita Wave...
Roaster: A sure path to divorce!
Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013, 3:49am

Once in a great while there is a demo/used home version listed on eBay. I have seen reconditioned commercial units too, but those are going for $2K. Assured, it will be impossible to resist and the sooner you realize this and purchase one, the quicker you will be enjoys what this baby produces. Take care!

Jim

The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!
jbviau
jbviau

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013, 6:02am

Hi, Diane. Well, a Trifecta MB just went for ~$440 shipped this past Sat. on eBay (link), but Jim's right that it's still unusual to see them for sale even gently used. If you read through this thread you should find all you need re: the grind required (coarse drip, more or less) and recommended brew settings. See you later then! ;)
BOTR

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013, 7:59am

Starting to have concerns about mine......

I opened it up and cleaned the 2 valves, but I still have the same issue. Not sure if it's really an issue or not though to be honest, I just know that it didnt do this when it was brand new.

If I run more than 1 cycle, when the pressure builds at the end of the brew, it forces water back from the hot water tank into the outer reservoir. It seems like it shouldnt be doing this. It doesnt happen ever during the first brew, just the additional brews after. Right at the end when it's pressing the coffee out, I can watch the outer reservoir and see water filling from the bottom, just a bit. Anyone else notice this?

Chris
jbviau
jbviau

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013, 8:22pm

How much is "just a bit"? I occasionally see some ebb and flow at the bottom of my reservoir, but since it's just a tiny amount under the strainer I ignore it.
redkiosk
redkiosk

Espresso: Illy Francis-Francis X1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso w/ Esatto...
Vac Pot: Someday, very intriguing!
Drip: Trifecta MB, Kalita Wave...
Roaster: A sure path to divorce!
Posted Tue Mar 26, 2013, 3:48am

Chris,

Call Amanda at Bunn and have her send you two new valves. Make sure that you put them (red one and black one) in their respective positions on the shower head. That should solve your problem once and for all. How much coffee and what volume are you brewing? 12 oz. brews with very fresh coffee and LOTS of bloom will push coffee residue up into those valves. Hope this helps and take care!

Jim

The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!
nachoslibres

Grinder: Baratza Vario-W
Drip: Bunn trifecta MB
Posted Tue Mar 26, 2013, 7:15am

I will say Bunn's customer service is top notch.  If they can't figure out the problem over the phone and send you the correct parts to fix it they will have you send it in.  I've never seen a company take a single customer's issue so seriously.

On a side note:  I think I'm about to undertake the once a quarter descaling process on the brewer.
BOTR

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2013, 11:43am

Amanda is great. Bunn is great.

Emailed her this morning, and she is sending a couple of new valves out. I may not even have a real problem. It was explained that there can be some water forced by out, and it will not harm the machine. Sending valves out anyway.

Thanks again Amanda.

Chris
AmandafromBUNN
AmandafromBUNN
Expertise: I live coffee

Grinder: I've tried a few :)
Drip: trifecta MB, My Cafe MCU
Posted Thu Apr 11, 2013, 6:59am

Thanks Chris :)

You may find this article about the commercial trifecta interesting.

http://tinyurl.com/c9g85s9
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
sweaner
sweaner
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano, Arrarex Caravel, La...
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, OE Pharos
Drip: Bunn Trifecta MB
Roaster: Poppery II
Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013, 7:13pm

Amanda, where is the closest shop to Philadelphia with a commercial Trifecta?

-Scott
“Coffee - the favorite drink of the civilized world.”
Thomas Jefferson
showing page 25 of 47 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta MB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.27597784996)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+