Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Bunn Trifecta MB Owners' Thread
Quick Mill Back in Stock
All Quick Mill Machine ready to ship. Free Ship. Silvano, Anita, Alexia, 2B, Andreja, QM67, Monza!
cupandbrew.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta MB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 34 of 41 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
stepoliv

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Sat Nov 9, 2013, 11:39am
Subject: Canadian Sales & Service of Trifecta MB ??

I am seriously considering the purchase of a Trifecta MB. Just wondering if anyone here is from Canada and what your experience has been with the purchase (shipping/duties etc. to Canada) and the after-sales service experience - if any. Can't see "Canada" as an option when ordering/shipping from the BUNN site so went to Amazon and they sell the Trifecta through a company called CoffeeAM. Has anybody bought through them? Do they service the product afterwards? Can the machine be serviced in Canada or does it have to be sent back to the U.S.?

Any help/advice on these questions would be appreciated.
 View Profile Link to this post
AmandafromBUNN
AmandafromBUNN
Expertise: I live coffee

Grinder: I've tried a few :)
Drip: trifecta MB, My Cafe MCU
Posted Mon Nov 11, 2013, 7:40am
Subject: Re: Canadian Sales & Service of Trifecta MB ??

BUNN is currently not set-up to provide warranty support for trifecta MB in Canada.  I hope this information is helpful.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
stepoliv

Posted Mon Nov 11, 2013, 8:45am

Thanks for this info Amanda. Given that the machine is almost 2 years old now (?), do you know when BUNN may be offering warranty service in Canada? Given that I can have a machine sent to me here in Canada by CoffeeAM, this means that if anything goes wrong, I'm stuck sending it back to the US at my expense and with all the hassle of Customs, etc. - right?

This kind of thing drives us Canadians crazy. So much for free trade! Surely BUNN must have enough of a presence in Canada that they could service this product - if they wanted to. AAAuuurrrggg!!
AmandafromBUNN
AmandafromBUNN
Expertise: I live coffee

Grinder: I've tried a few :)
Drip: trifecta MB, My Cafe MCU
Posted Mon Nov 11, 2013, 9:04am

Unfortunately, I don't have a date when Bunn Canada will begin selling and servicing trifecta MB.  I'll be sure to let you know if we hear differently.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
stepoliv

Posted Tue Nov 12, 2013, 8:46am
Subject: Re: Bunn Trifecta MB Owners' Thread

Amanda two things:

1. Am I correct in assuming (from your perspective) that I am free to purchase the machine from a seller in the States *BUT* I will have **NO** warranty. If small parts (sealer rings, etc.) prove defective and need replacement - I am out of luck - right? You will NOT ship me small replacement parts. I understand that if the machine itself needs to be repaired it would have to be returned to the States *BUT* if small user replaceable parts are needed, you will not send/sell them to me because I have no warranty - correct?

2. As a courtesy to your potential buyers who live outside the States, please suggest to your people that a small sign up form be added to your website that would allow someone to add their email address and country info. Then when the machine becomes available for sale in their country, you could notify them. I can't believe your sales people would not want to gather this info from potential buyers. Remember, there is a whole other world that lives outside the US that is interested in your product. Don't leave them hanging or force them to drift to other options.
stepoliv

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013, 9:15am

So any response to my #1 above? Thanks.
jbviau
jbviau

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013, 10:14am

^^^ Why don't you just email Amanda directly? The address can be found in her profile.
stepoliv

Posted Fri Nov 29, 2013, 8:11am

For those Canadians who may be lurking here I made the jump and bought a machine from WholeLatteLove in Rochester NY. Very quick shipping and competitively priced. Good customer support too. I'm still in the experimentation stage finding the right combination of grind, turbulence and time.
nachoslibres

Grinder: Baratza Vario-W
Drip: Bunn trifecta MB
Posted Sat Dec 7, 2013, 7:22pm

So....I've been using the Bunn trifecta MB for almost a year now and I'm still loving it.  I finally bit the bullet and got the steel burrs for the Vario-W a couple of months ago and have a neighbor with a really nice roaster so have been getting fresh coffee weekly now.

But what I've really been surprised with lately is how good of a tea product the trifecta puts out.  My wife has been talking a while about wanting to start drinking hot tea - except that it always sucks to have to boil water and wait for it to steep - so we finally bought some loose tea.  Although we do have to use the 3 min brew time to get a strong enough cup, it does a great job of making great tasting tea and the hot tea does a good job of taking out that horrible stale coffee smell that remains in the brew chamber even after doing a good clean out.

I'd have to say that between the coffee and the tea we are brewing about 4-6 cups daily and the machine is still doing an awesome job.  It has to be one of the best purchases I've ever made.
mwright

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Mon Dec 9, 2013, 6:48pm

I was having a problem with water backing up into the water reservoir.  I did a deep clean and cleaned the check valves in the shower head.  That seems to have worked.  I also got a new brew chamber and I am noticing something strange.  The turbulence is different on the two brew chambers (new vs old). I am not sure how to explain it but the way the bubbles are and the force of the first turbulence cycle are different.  The other thing I noticed is I filled the water reservoir with the same amount of water both times and the amount of water that pumped into the brew chamber was more in the old brew chamber than the new one.  This was also verified by how full my cup was after push out.  These were water only cycles.  Any ideas?  Also for people that have removed the shower head to clean the check valves when it says the one with the red/orange o-ring goes on the left I am assuming this means while looking at the machine correct?

Thanks
showing page 34 of 41 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta MB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Italian Biscotti Cookies
Premium artisan quality Italian Biscotti cookies. Many flavors!
www.espressozone.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.239631891251)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+