Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Bunn Phase Brew™ - New Bunn Brewer
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Phase Brew™...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 34 of 43 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
jimster

Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Barista burr
Drip: Braun and Newco OCS - 8
Roaster: Equal Exchange
Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011, 9:50am
Subject: Re: Bunn Phase Brew™ - New Bunn Brewer

My sprayhead is separated into 6 sections.
The pattern is the grounds is very spread out and even with no "spotting" as in deep canyons where the spray hits harder.  
NOW, one thing that has always caused me grief with Bunn is their total lack of quality control on their filters.  I do some catering and buy filters in cases.  1,000 per case. There are always at least 100 that are cut so bad they can't be used.
So, I get my new Phase Brew and sure enough this morning there are three bad filters in a row in the bunch they sent with the Phase Brew.  I'm going to email them this morning since we seem to have a responsive ear at Bunn.
Thoughts?

jimster: bunnhead.JPG
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
kmusgrave

Posted Thu Sep 15, 2011, 6:18am

jimster Said:

My sprayhead is separated into 6 sections.
The pattern is the grounds is very spread out and even with no "spotting" as in deep canyons where the spray hits harder.  
NOW, one thing that has always caused me grief with Bunn is their total lack of quality control on their filters.  I do some catering and buy filters in cases.  1,000 per case. There are always at least 100 that are cut so bad they can't be used.
So, I get my new Phase Brew and sure enough this morning there are three bad filters in a row in the bunch they sent with the Phase Brew.  I'm going to email them this morning since we seem to have a responsive ear at Bunn.
Thoughts?

Posted September 14, 2011 link

Definitely email Lisa on this.  She is very responsive, and will give you great customer service.
Matt74

Posted Thu Sep 15, 2011, 7:25am
Subject: Re: BUNN Phase Brew - New Bunn Brewer

I'm just beginner on this forum, I'm not so familiar with Bunn Brewer but I know some brands of coffee machines. So, what is the uniqueness of this Bunn brewer compare to others, for example Espresso Coffee Makers and Gaggia Espresso Machine.
EricBNC
EricBNC
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM Silvano, LP Stradivarius,...
Grinder: K30, Major, Preciso, Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C30, Bodum Santos...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800,...
Roaster: Behmor, Melitta, Fresh...
Posted Thu Sep 15, 2011, 9:48am

Matt74 Said:

I'm just beginner on this forum, I'm not so familiar with Bunn Brewer but I know some brands of coffee machines. So, what is the uniqueness of this Bunn brewer compare to others, for example Espresso Coffee Makers and Gaggia Espresso Machine.

Posted September 15, 2011 link

those are espresso makers - the BUNN is a coffee maker.

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
LIY

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Thu Sep 15, 2011, 6:24pm

Got my new sprayhead today!  (Actually, sent me two - guess you can't go wrong with a spare sprayhead)!

Now getting six distinct streams of water - just like the Bunn video - coffee seems a little richer - and now stays hotter longer!

At this point, I am very pleased!
Matt74

Posted Thu Sep 15, 2011, 7:29pm

So I guess this Bunn Coffee Machine is good for brewing a coffee. Isn't it? What is the taste of coffee after brewing from this coffee machine?
jd2020
jd2020

Espresso: GS/3, Moka Pot
Grinder: Vario, Virtuoso, Kitchenaid...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Capresso MT500, Melita cone
Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011, 5:32pm

Matt,
It tastes like, well, coffee. And pretty good.

Its great that you're a new member, but why don't you try reading through this thread before pitching in?  This thread  has been underway for more than a year and it seems that you didn't bother to review any of it. There is more info than you can imagine right before your eyes.  Or fingers.

JD
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Matt74

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2011, 1:38am

I think that is good suggestion. It will guide me for sure. Thanks for the advice.
Jimbo63
Jimbo63

Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso
Drip: Brazen Plus
Roaster: Behmor 1600+
Posted Tue Oct 18, 2011, 3:57pm

I have really liked my Phase Brew right from the start.  I felt that it made better coffee than any other machine that I've owned in my 63 years.  Well.....the un=thinkable happened.....It stopped brewing.  I immediately thought of Lisa McCloud and the fact that she was a member here.  Not only that, but she has painstakingly answered all questions concerning the Phase Brew and personally handled problems that are not unusual with a new product rollout.  Sooo....I sent her an email explaining my problem and within hours I had a reply from Megan Smith from the Home Division of Bunn.  Unlike almost all companies, that want detailed information and a variety of forms filled out in order to determine IF anything could be done, Ms. Smith simply asked me what my shipping address was.  Within a couple of days a new Phase Brew was delivered to me.  Also a pre-paid shipping label was mailed to me to send my original brewer back to Bunn.  Like I stated earlier, I'm 63 years old and I can honestly say that I've NEVER encountered customer service like I received from Bunn.  They get Five Stars from me.

"For those who fought for it, life and freedom have a taste and flavor that the protected will never know."
CraigA
CraigA

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Tue Oct 18, 2011, 4:40pm

Jimbo63 Said:

Sooo....I sent her an email explaining my problem and within hours I had a reply from Megan Smith from the Home Division of Bunn.  Unlike almost all companies, that want detailed information and a variety of forms filled out in order to determine IF anything could be done, Ms. Smith simply asked me what my shipping address was.  Within a couple of days a new Phase Brew was delivered to me.  Also a pre-paid shipping label was mailed to me to send my original brewer back to Bunn.  Like I stated earlier, I'm 63 years old and I can honestly say that I've NEVER encountered customer service like I received from Bunn.  They get Five Stars from me.

Posted October 18, 2011 link

Great to hear J.R.!

There's also another company well deserved of a 5 star plus ***** rating all the way for exemplary customer service, & that's Baratza .

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
showing page 34 of 43 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Phase Brew™...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.324245929718)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+