Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Bunn Phase Brew™ - New Bunn Brewer
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Phase Brew™...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 23 of 43 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
JustLeft

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Citiz
Drip: Keurig
Posted Wed Jan 5, 2011, 6:52pm
Subject: Re: Bunn Phase Brew™ - New Bunn Brewer

A reference to "Tommy Boy" where he is talking about the warranty that wasn't printed on the box?? I love that movie!

Sarah_S Said:

I do like the 3 year warranty from Bunn. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, like they really do care.

Posted January 5, 2011 link

View Profile Link to this post
JonR10
JonR10

Espresso: E61 Legend, Livietta,...
Grinder: Robur, B-Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario Tabletop, Yama...
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: 1-lb US Roaster, Behmor 1600
Posted Thu Jan 6, 2011, 11:28am

Mod Note: I deleted two posts from this thread for personal attacks.  I did not issue any emails or strikes this time but let's please keep the conversation reasonably civil....at least stay within the rules.  

Thanks,
Jon

Jon Rosenthal
Houston, TX
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
zmeister
zmeister

Espresso: Moka Pot
Grinder: KitchenAid ProLine
Drip: Zojirushi, Bunn HT???
Roaster: Fresh Roast SR300
Posted Sat Jan 8, 2011, 6:08am

Well,
    Got my HT from Amazon on Wednesday.  Ran a pot of just water through.  I am impressed with the build.  The water temp in the carafe after the cycle completed was 185.  That was in a cold carafe.  Checked with IR thermometer.  Surprising to me, the temp of the warmer plate was over 300 about a min or so after the cycle was done.  I had walked the carafe over to the sink and removed the lid to check water temp, then just on a whim walked back over and checked the warmer plate.  I dont remember the exact temp, but it was in the low 300's.  Maybe that's normal or should be expected.  Not sure, just an observation.  So after a few minutes I put in a filter and ground some home roast Harrar, added water and started the cycle.  Waiting.....waiting....waiting....nothing.  The water heating light is on, but nothing is happening.  The plate isn't warming, no brewing noises or anything.    So I called Bunn.  They are sending me another unit.  I know some people have had these and other issues.  Looked at the Bunn forum on their website.  I found a few people posting the same problem there as well as some with the leaking carafe on the HG model.  I really hope I get a working unit.  It's a much nicer machine than I was expecting (provided it works.)  I will say that after following this thread and talking with Bunn, I am impressed with their customer service and will give them the opportunity to make things right.  On a side note for all the nay-sayers:  my wife's parents bought an HG a couple of weeks before Christmas and they love it.  The unit works great and no leaky carafe.  I can definitely sympathize with those who have spent hard earned money on a product only to have it fail, and the anger and frustration that ensues.  But...I've got an aeropress, french press, mocha pot, and a zojirushi, so it's not like I'm going without good coffee.  Plus, I've got a 3 1/2 year old little girl saying "Daddy, please come play with me" a-la Steven Curtis Chapman, so the faulty HT can go on the back burner, so to speak. :)
    Anyway, that's my experience so far.  I'll update when I get the replacement.
mbishop

Posted Tue Jan 11, 2011, 12:58pm

I just got mine yesterday. I was impressed with the heat of the coffee and my wife and I both talked about how different the coffee tasted from our Cuisinart (with which I was not impressed).

Our only problem has been that today, after 4 pots, the unit is asking us to clean it (via a "CLE" message on the LCD). I followed the instructions to brew a vinegar/water mix but it doesn't circulate the water at all.

Bunn was very responsive and is shipping a replacement and is returning the unit we have.

I'm hoping this will be the inexpensive way to get good coffee. I couldn't justify the cost of a Technivorm.
JustLeft

Posted Tue Jan 11, 2011, 6:37pm

Did you get the HG or HT model?

mbishop Said:

I just got mine yesterday. I was impressed with the heat of the coffee and my wife and I both talked about how different the coffee tasted from our Cuisinart (with which I was not impressed).

Our only problem has been that today, after 4 pots, the unit is asking us to clean it (via a "CLE" message on the LCD). I followed the instructions to brew a vinegar/water mix but it doesn't circulate the water at all.

Bunn was very responsive and is shipping a replacement and is returning the unit we have.

I'm hoping this will be the inexpensive way to get good coffee. I couldn't justify the cost of a Technivorm.

Posted January 11, 2011 link

zmeister
zmeister

Espresso: Moka Pot
Grinder: KitchenAid ProLine
Drip: Zojirushi, Bunn HT???
Roaster: Fresh Roast SR300
Posted Wed Jan 12, 2011, 1:27pm

Finally got my replacement from Bunn.  They sent me the wrong one!  An HG instead of and HT.  I called them and they said that they didn't even have any ht's in stock and the woman asked if I told them mine was an HT when I called the first time.  I did, and I was very specific that it was the thermal model.  I kind of get the feeling that I've been given the run around.  I'm not sure what to do now.  The HT was a gift from mom bought through Amazon.  Do I keep the HG and hope I have one that works AND doesn't have a leaky carafe?  
-Update:  I called Bunn again and the person I spoke with is going to get an HT (from where?) and overnight it to me.  Sounds good to me.  I know they don't have to do that.  If this doesn't work out, however, then I'm just going to return everything and be done with Bunn.  Burn me once, shame on me...burn me twice or three times or......you get the picture. ;)
jd2020
jd2020
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: GS/3, Moka Pot
Grinder: Vario, Virtuoso, Kitchenaid...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Capresso MT500, Melita cone
Posted Wed Jan 12, 2011, 3:47pm

It is all too common to have a bad experience with customer service reps even at good company.  Many people here in this thread have had good experience dealing with lmccloud567 (who works for Bunn!).  

It certainly seems that there are issues with these new machines.  I can say that my original machine has only had the spray pattern issue discussed above.  It has been working for a month now, daily.  My replacement has had several runs, but traveling now and have yet to fully evaluate it.  

Good luck!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Sarah_S
Sarah_S
Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011, 10:55am

zmeister Said:

If this doesn't work out, however, then I'm just going to return everything and be done with Bunn.  Burn me once, shame on me...burn me twice or three times or......you get the picture. ;)

Posted January 12, 2011 link

Let me preface by saying I do understand where you're coming from. It's really too bad that some folks are having issues with this brewer. I think it's a fantastic machine! But of course, mine is working, and has been, like a champ since I got it.
I think it's great that Bunn is standing behind their product, and I'm sure as new stuff rolls out, there will be bugs in the first models no matter what. If my HT dies tomorrow (please God, no) I would buy another Bunn, probably a different model though. Compared to the alternatives out there for good 'ol drip....I dunno, I did alot of research, and couldn't find anything better. Anyway, let us know what happens! Hope this works out and you get a good one!
JustLeft

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011, 7:22pm

You wouldn't buy another HT? That's surprising after your comments that it is a fantastic machine. What about it would keep you from purchasing it again?

My HG continues to leak/ooze from the lid, although not a lot. It happens as the water is boiling right before it starts dripping through the coffee in the basket. It oozes out and then gets sucked back in. Very odd.

Sarah_S Said:

.... If my HT dies tomorrow (please God, no) I would buy another Bunn, probably a different model though. Compared to the alternatives out there for good 'ol drip....I dunno, I did alot of research, and couldn't find anything better. Anyway, let us know what happens! Hope this works out and you get a good one!

Posted January 13, 2011 link

Sarah_S
Sarah_S
Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Jan 14, 2011, 6:44am

JustLeft Said:

You wouldn't buy another HT? That's surprising after your comments that it is a fantastic machine. What about it would keep you from purchasing it again?

My HG continues to leak/ooze from the lid, although not a lot. It happens as the water is boiling right before it starts dripping through the coffee in the basket. It oozes out and then gets sucked back in. Very odd.

Posted January 13, 2011 link

I'm afraid I'd get a "bad one"....I think this brewer is so new that the bugs aren't worked out yet. I was lucky with mine, but look at your expierence, or zmeister's. Maybe as Bunn continues to listen their consumers and work things out the later models will be even better machines. (?)
(saying another little prayer for my HT's health)
showing page 23 of 43 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Phase Brew™...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.341258049011)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+