Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Bunn Phase Brew™ - New Bunn Brewer
Quick Mill Back in Stock
All Quick Mill Machine ready to ship. Free Ship. Silvano, Anita, Alexia, 2B, Andreja, QM67, Monza!
cupandbrew.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Phase Brew™...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 40 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
Cecilturtle

Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: KitchenAid ProLine
Drip: Bunn HG
Roaster: Nesco
Posted Mon Oct 11, 2010, 12:48pm
Subject: Re: BUNN Phase Brew - New Bunn Brewer

wkearney99 Said:

So, Cecil, how's the construction of it?  Does it seem durable?  Is it first-thing-in-the-morning-brain-dead easy to use?

Posted October 11, 2010 link

The construction of it feels solid.  It sits relatively tall on the counter.  It is very easy to use.  I haven't tried the programming function, as I like to grind my coffee right before I brew it.  The tray that holds the coffee grounds detaches completely.  I have no problem with it when I'm half-asleep in the morning.  All you have to do is put in your coffee, pour the water in the top, and hit one button.  It makes some funny sounds, but this is normal for the hold and brew process.

I also like the carafe.  Unlike many other ones, the coffee flows out of it very smoothly without leaking down the side.
 View Profile Link to this post
darkman
darkman

Espresso: cuisinart em-200
Grinder: baratza vario
Vac Pot: bodum french press
Drip: bunn ht
Roaster: freshroast sr500
Posted Mon Oct 11, 2010, 3:47pm

wkearney99 Said:

Is the thermal one shipping?  If so, who's got them?

The thermal model is not available yet. You can Google it under shopping and it shows up on about 5 different websites.  Some even say in stock, but if you order it you will find out they are backordered 6-12 weeks :(
MickAv8r
MickAv8r
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: purchase pending...
Grinder: Rancillio Rocky
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Bunn
Roaster: iRoast2, Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Oct 11, 2010, 10:24pm

Wow the HT looks like a really nice brewer.  I have a BTXB so I'm not in the market for a new one and I prefer always being ready to go, it's nice to have coffee within 5 minutes of waking up, in fact it's become a downright necessity LOL.  I don't think I could wait an additional 6 minutes ;)

However I was already planning on upgrading several people on my Xmas list this year, rescuing them from the Cuisinart/Mr Coffee hell they are in and getting them Bunns.  If they are shipping in December I'll be switching from the BTXB's to the HT's for them.
darkman
darkman

Posted Tue Oct 12, 2010, 4:18am

MickAv8r Said:

However I was already planning on upgrading several people on my Xmas list this year, rescuing them from the Cuisinart/Mr Coffee hell they are in and getting them Bunns.  If they are shipping in December I'll be switching from the BTXB's to the HT's for them.

Can I get on that list?
lmccloud567
lmccloud567

Drip: BUNN My Cafe, BUNN Phase...
Posted Tue Oct 12, 2010, 7:25am

I work for BUNN and will let you all know once the HT is available - it will start out on-line.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
lmccloud567
lmccloud567

Posted Tue Oct 12, 2010, 7:28am

I work for BUNN & love that you are doing your part to share great coffee.....keep up the good work!  Also, glad you're sticking with your BTX - once you have the quick brewing, it's hard to wait.
1canuck2

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: Clever Coffee Dripper,...
Drip: DeLonghi DCM900
Posted Thu Oct 14, 2010, 10:57am

The Bunn HT model (thermal carafe) still lists a warmer in its specs and the manual talks of the auto-shut off. Does it really have a warming plate under a thermal carafe? I hope not...

I am definitely interested in this machine (if its got no warming plate) to replace my aging Cuisinart thermal carafe model.
lmccloud567
lmccloud567

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2010, 11:33am

I work at BUNN so hope I can shed some light on your warmer question.  The HT does have a warmer plate, but only to heat up the water.  Once the 6-minute heating phase is completed, the warmer shuts off - meaning the coffee is not subjected to direct heat.  Like most drip coffee makers on the market, the water is heated by the warmer plate mechanism.  With the HG model, the warmer plate stays on for 2 hours after the brewing phase to keep the coffee hot.

If I can answer any other questions, let me know.
darkman
darkman

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2010, 1:10pm

So are you saying that it heats the water in the carafe rather than in the machine?  That is what it sounds like you are saying.
1canuck2

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: Clever Coffee Dripper,...
Drip: DeLonghi DCM900
Posted Thu Oct 14, 2010, 8:08pm

lmccloud567 Said:

I work at BUNN so hope I can shed some light on your warmer question.  The HT does have a warmer plate, but only to heat up the water.  Once the 6-minute heating phase is completed, the warmer shuts off - meaning the coffee is not subjected to direct heat.  Like most drip coffee makers on the market, the water is heated by the warmer plate mechanism.  With the HG model, the warmer plate stays on for 2 hours after the brewing phase to keep the coffee hot.

If I can answer any other questions, let me know.

Posted October 14, 2010 link

I think you'll need to answer this one again...

A warmer plate goes under the carafe. This is not where the water is, and is not needed to heat the water (although I realize that some coffee makers pipe the water through the warmer plate to kill two birds with one coffee scorching stone). My Cuisinart has a thermal carafe and no warmer plate, so the water is heated in some other way that does not require a warmer plate.

The point of buying a coffee maker with a thermal carafe is USUALLY because it does not need or have a warmer plate under the carafe (the thermal carafe keeps the coffee warm without having to artificially heat it after brewing).

As darkman says, it sounds like you are saying it does have a warmer plate under the carafe, which is totally weird imho.
First you said it exists "only to heat up the water"
But then you said "stays on for 2 hours after the brewing phase to keep the coffee hot"

I appreciate you clarifying some details on this and am not trying to bust your chops, however, I will say if the HT does have a warmer plate under the thermal carafe it will be a sad design flaw. It would also be a deal breaker for me and I would not buy it.
showing page 3 of 40 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Phase Brew™...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.30911898613)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+