Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
the drip dillema: Technivorm vs Bunn
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > the drip...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 9 of 11 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
Clay34

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Aeropress
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso
Vac Pot: N/A - 3 Bodum presses
Drip: Bunn VPR APS
Roaster: bread machine, Corretto...
Posted Tue Aug 11, 2009, 8:19am
Subject: Re: the drip dillema: Technivorm vs Bunn

Clay34 Said:

your home Bunn unit after brewing, it only takes 12 - 15 minutes to be ready to brew..

Posted August 11, 2009 link

Hi Craig, as I said water does not go stale in the open. It can go stagnant in the open. An I have my unit on a timer. That unit cost me 15 on sale and i can have it do multiple on and of'sf so in my case it is set to warm the water at 6am and 4pm and is only on a short time.

Cheap timer on my end too.  No need to have it going 24 hrs a day.  There is no cafe in my kitchen and it doesn't take long to warm up if I have unexpected company.

Craig what happened with this post?  It looks like I posted the section where it reads:  "Hi Craig ..., but actually Judge posted that.  Odd one indeed.  I am referring to my post time stamped at 9:49 am.
 View Profile Link to this post
Judge

Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus IV,...
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso, Compak K3...
Drip: Bunn VP-17, Breville...
Roaster: Gene Cafe
Posted Tue Aug 11, 2009, 8:25am

Clay34 Said:

Hi Craig, as I said water does not go stale in the open. It can go stagnant in the open. An I have my unit on a timer. That unit cost me 15 on sale and i can have it do multiple on and of'sf so in my case it is set to warm the water at 6am and 4pm and is only on a short time.

Cheap timer on my end too.  No need to have it going 24 hrs a day.  There is no cafe in my kitchen and it doesn't take long to warm up if I have unexpected company.

Craig what happened with this post?  It looks like I posted the section where it reads:  "Hi Craig ..., but actually Judge posted that.  Odd one indeed.  I am referring to my post time stamped at 9:49 am.

Maybe when you edited you removed the x in quotes at the end?
Judge

Posted Tue Aug 11, 2009, 8:26am

Judge Said:

Ah I see it the quote at the beginning is the issue with x in quotes a few times.
Judge

Posted Tue Aug 11, 2009, 8:29am

Judge Said:

Judge Said:

Judge Said:

Ah I see it the quote at the beginning is the issue with x in quotes a few times.

See how I adjusted it? when you end a quote you need to restart the quote if from the same person, I played with this one
Clay34

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Aeropress
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso
Vac Pot: N/A - 3 Bodum presses
Drip: Bunn VPR APS
Roaster: bread machine, Corretto...
Posted Tue Aug 11, 2009, 8:49am

Thanks Judge, I probably did something funny.  Need more coffee before I edit in the morning.  HA
CraigA
CraigA
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Tue Aug 11, 2009, 8:56am

Clay34 Said:

Need more coffee before I edit in the morning.  HA

Me too, now I need a drink.., just kidding! {;-)

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
Judge

Posted Tue Aug 11, 2009, 9:01am

CraigA Said:

Me too, now I need a drink.., just kidding! {;-)

Look Gents if you don't have your full pot "O" coffee in the morning......  Well it makes it hard.  Me I cheat a little, start with a Brikka, followed up by the pot.  Haha! ;-) Oh and to nice oxo coffee cups full of coffee for the drive to work and walk into work.
susanilz5

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Tue Aug 11, 2009, 5:43pm

CraigA Said:

Start off first thing in the morning with a fresh cold pot of water then!

Just unplug your home Bunn unit after brewing, it only takes 12 - 15 minutes to be ready to brew..

Sorry 12 to 15 minutes is too long.  I was used to the Bunn being done brewing a full pot in 4 minutes, didn't think I could take much longer then that.  Quick and simple morning coffee is a priority.  I was nervous about buying the TV because it took 6 minutes to brew!  Didn't think I could handle 2 more minutes!  

As for changing the roast, I always buy freshly roasted beans and grind them just before brewing, so the coffee didn't change.  I just think the home version of the Bunn is not as well made  as the commericial version.

Don't misunderstand my post, if I did not try the TV, I would buy another Bunn in a heartbeat.
CraigA
CraigA
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Tue Aug 11, 2009, 6:33pm

The BUNN units do a brew in 3 minutes flat. What I was talking about is starting off with a cold brewing tank, & that takes 12 - 15 minutes to come up to brewing temp., then your brew at 3 minutes.

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
susanilz5

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Tue Aug 11, 2009, 6:47pm

CraigA Said:

The BUNN units do a brew in 3 minutes flat. What I was talking about is starting off with a cold brewing tank, & that takes 12 - 15 minutes to come up to brewing temp., then your brew at 3 minutes.

Craig, I know what you meant, but one of the benefits of the Bunn for me was coffee in 4 minutes.  If I unplugged the unit I would have to wait for the unit to heat back up and then wait the 4 minutes to brew. Making it about 15 minutes for a pot.  Deal breaker for me.
showing page 9 of 11 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > the drip...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.416585922241)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+