Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Dunkin Donuts at home...how to get it to taste like the shops?
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Dunkin Donuts at...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
Manitobanerd
Manitobanerd
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Breville Cafe Roma
Grinder: Hario & blade grinder
Vac Pot: Moka express
Drip: Melitta
Roaster: N/A
Posted Fri Apr 4, 2014, 7:38pm
Subject: Re: Dunkin Donuts at home...how to get it to taste like the shops?

DD used to sell the coffeemaker thats in their shops to the average joe on their website. It cost $289 but this was back in 2006. Heres the link: click here It would be great for the office, or even those dunkies fanatics!
 View Profile Link to this post
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Mon Apr 7, 2014, 7:38am

Nothing special about the brewer, pretty standard Bunn, likely a APR, often for sale at places like Sams Club or on line. Unless you serve the whole "pot" in a few minutes, it is best to buy a maker that brews straight into an Airpot, such as the VPR-APS, roughly the same price as the pot brewer but no burner to scald the brewed coffee on and a sealed air pot to keep it hot. Most high end coffee shops, brew into air pots and dump anything over an hour old, or the coffee will take on the "air pot" flavor.

Nice job on digging up a 3 year old thread :D

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Manitobanerd
Manitobanerd

Posted Mon Apr 7, 2014, 10:41am

calblacksmith Said:

Nice job on digging up a 3 year old thread :D

Posted April 7, 2014 link

Sorry, theres probably a reason no ones replied to this thread/topic in three years. My bad. i just didnt want to start a new thread about Dunkin, even though it really interests me.
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Posted Tue Apr 8, 2014, 5:52am

Do ask questions,  do talk about the things you wish to talk about. What is it that has you so interested in Dunkin? :D

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Manitobanerd
Manitobanerd

Posted Tue Apr 8, 2014, 1:11pm

calblacksmith Said:

Do ask questions,  do talk about the things you wish to talk about. What is it that has you so interested in Dunkin? :D

Posted April 8, 2014 link

Well Dunkin coffee is a novelty to me because you cant get it where I live (in Canada). I have to make a three hour drive just to pick up a bag in the nearest American city. Its kind of like that with other American goods too like caribou coffee/some snackfoods/ and even some Big American restaurants for example. They taste better to me just because they are treats. However, Im sure the big American chains/goods probably arnt as good as the American/Canadian specialty coffee shops and restaurants, ect. Im probably better off trying local roasters serving fresh than the big American coffees from grocery stores that serve stale, preground coffee.
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Posted Wed Apr 9, 2014, 7:18am

Well, I know I would not drive 20 minutes to buy it unless it was the ONLY coffee to be had, it is not worth a 3 hour drive round trip!

I think most of the "good" rep that many places like Dunkin have for "good" coffee is due to that years ago, when only very poor, burnt, brown water CALLED coffee was found for take out, any OK brewed coffee by comparison was outstanding. Thus came the good rep as it was consistently OK and easy to find, just look for the Dunkin Doughnut sign!

We have moved on from that, well a lot of us here have anyway, and we most often would call their coffee "acceptable" not great when viewed through the glasses of 3rd wave coffee.

You have Tim Hortens (sp?) when we do not so I suspect that it may be a "treat" or "novelty" here as it is not the norm.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.

Manitobanerd
Manitobanerd

Posted Wed Apr 9, 2014, 8:11am

calblacksmith Said:

Well, I know I would not drive 20 minutes to buy it unless it was the ONLY coffee to be had, it is not worth a 3 hour drive round trip!

I think most of the "good" rep that many places like Dunkin have for "good" coffee is due to that years ago, when only very poor, burnt, brown water CALLED coffee was found for take out, any OK brewed coffee by comparison was outstanding. Thus came the good rep as it was consistently OK and easy to find, just look for the Dunkin Doughnut sign!

We have moved on from that, well a lot of us here have anyway, and we most often would call their coffee "acceptable" not great when viewed through the glasses of 3rd wave coffee.

You have Tim Hortens (sp?) when we do not so I suspect that it may be a "treat" or "novelty" here as it is not the norm.

Posted April 9, 2014 link

I only pick up a bag if Im in the states anyway, however, I will agree it is not exceptional coffee. What is the 3rd wave of coffee?
CraigA
CraigA

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Wed Apr 9, 2014, 8:14am

Manitobanerd Said:

What is the 3rd wave of coffee?

Hi JC,

Google's your friend. {;-)

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
Manitobanerd
Manitobanerd

Posted Wed Apr 9, 2014, 8:30am

CraigA Said:

Hi JC,

Google's your friend. {;-)

Yes, I should of just checked Wikipedia, they have everything! It sounds like third wave is great, however, I prefer dark roasts, and from what wikipedia says, third wave is about lighter roasts.
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Dunkin Donuts at...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.321519136429)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+