Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Home Roasting Talk
Artisan beta roasting software ready for download
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > Artisan beta...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
arpi
arpi
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus III-R
Grinder: Compak Compak K10WBC -...
Drip: Chemex
Roaster: Quest m3 Fresh Roast Plus 8
Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010, 5:47am
Subject: Artisan beta roasting software ready for download

Hi

The first beta release is ready for download and testing. The devices supported at the present time are:

Omega HH806
Omega HH506RA
CENTER 309
Fuji PXR pid
Fuji PXG pid
Other devices will be added in the future.

Download: http://code.google.com/p/artisan/downloads/list

Installation instructions: http://code.google.com/p/artisan/wiki/Installation

There is no user guide or documentation yet, neither a mailing list (too early). Sorry for the lack of documentation. The door is open to people that want to document the software (or for any other reason).

Artisan team

arpi: artisanbetaCoffeegeek.jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
sea221

Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso
Drip: French Press/Bunn
Roaster: SC/TO and 2 Kilo gas Drum...
Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010, 10:51am
Subject: Re: Artisan beta roasting software ready for download

Hi this is perfect.I have a Love controller model 16A3-993 with a RS232 interface, would your software configure to any serial port.Thanks in advance,Happy Holidays Rich
 View Profile Link to this post
arpi
arpi

Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010, 1:30pm

Hi.

Yes the software can use any serial port. However, that does not mean that your controller will work. The PC software (artisan) needs to be programmed first.

You would need at least two readings, one for ET (your controller) and then a second one for BT (the target profile). I use two Fuji PIDs in an RS485 network. One controls ET (and reads ET), and the second one just reads BT.

Cheers
sea221

Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010, 3:26pm

I think I can do this. I retired from Boeing as a process control tech,I have programed up many different types of controllers debuged advanced basic,c++,and ladder logic, Worked out of the MR&D lab for over 12 years. The engineers would have me co work on everything from High tech ovens to autoclaves and robotics. Never had to spend long hours righting code, but I did go to allot of schools on c++ just to make software fixs out in the field. Hope in the future I can contribute to you project.Best regards Rich
arpi
arpi

Posted Tue Dec 21, 2010, 3:53pm

Hi again.

Take a look at one of these examples and see if you can make your meter work in the same way (all files are almost the same). Once you make it work, then I'll be glad to incorporate your device as part of the software. The limitation with your controller is that you will only get one reading (the controlling temperature). If you are planning to also control the roaster from the software, then you may need to go deeper.

Click Here (code.google.com)

Cheers
sea221

Posted Wed Dec 22, 2010, 11:03am

Thank you,  about a week out from finishing  fabricating my roaster, Then I can start incorporating my control loops and data logging.This has been a 8 month project, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.As soon as I get you software working just for data logging for now, I will email you my configuration data for this specific controller.Best regards Rich
arpi
arpi

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011, 3:04am

Hi folks.

Artisan version 0.3.4 is fresh right out of the roaster

- adds ArduinoTC4 device support
- adds TE VA18b device support
- improved Fuji PXR/PXG support
- support for file paths with accent characters
- main window layout improvements
- improved events visualization and capacity
- improved roasting properties dialog
- statistic characteristic line as y-label to ensure visibility if axis limits are changed
- duplicate recent file names show containing directory
- remembers user selected profile path
- added DeltaET/DeltaBT filter to make those delta curves more useful
- adds volume and bean probe density
- adds new command to start/restart roasts
- bug fixes

http://code.google.com/p/artisan/downloads/list

The Artisan Team
MarinaSantorelli

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011, 3:12am

Hi there ! I am artisan in Italy and with my husband we had the idea of a dfomestic roaster with incredible results. Before contemplating to make it at an industrial level, we wanted to know if someone can help us with approximate figures of number of domestic roasters sold annually in the US. That would help us a lot. Thank you
sdcoffeeroaster

Espresso: Brewtus II
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly, Solis
Drip: Cuisinart, Melitta Clarity
Roaster: Fresh Roast+, I-Roast, BBQ
Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011, 10:42am

Will you ever support the wireless thermocouple from Omega, MWTC? I was using serial monitor to decode the 20 2-byte data packet and have most of it done.  The key value like temperature I do have.  This device must also be started by some commands that the Omega TC central software sends it thru the wireless receiver.  I did try Artisan to just see if any of the other Omega devices might work but they don't of course.  I'm guessing that this might not be a good fit with the Artisan but I'm not sure.  It's pretty inexpensive and can send at a 1 reading/sec rate.  

I have written cad cam Visual C++ programs in the past and was going to try my had at this.  I do have a bunch of firmware and EE friends at work that might help but I'm an ME and this isn't something I know yet.  The TC Central data logger is just about useless for anything but collecting the data and while Omega said they might upgrade it....I've waiting a year now so I don't think they will.  Let me know if you think a device like this can be made to work.  I might go take a look at your source.

The higher end version of this device (UWTC) has commands that can be used to quiry the temperature.  I think this one could be made to work a lot easier because if I understand correctly, that's how Artisan gets it's data..it's asks th device for it.  Is that true or an oversimplification?  Thanks
MAKOMO

Expertise: I love coffee

Roaster: Probat LG3
Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013, 12:29am

The version 0.6 of Artisan, an open-source software that helps coffee roasters to record, analyze, and control roast profiles, is now available for Windows, OS X and Linux.

https://code.google.com/p/artisan/downloads/list

The most important changes and additions w.r.t. v0.5.x are as follows.
  • Monitoring-only mode reporting readings on LCDs without recording
  • Event sliders e.g. to control the Hottop heater and fan via the HT Roaster Interface
  • Extended alarms triggered by time and temperature on any curve
  • Flexible Modbus RTU support allowing temperature reading and device control
  • Curve smoothing and spike filtering
  • New localizations: Arabic, German, Greek, Spanish, French, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Turkish, Dutch, Chinese and Hungarian
  • Windows installer, and icons on Windows and Linux

See https://code.google.com/p/artisan/wiki/ReleaseHistory for a detailed list of changes and the Artisan blog http://artisan-roasterscope.blogspot.de for details on some of the new features.

We are deeply grateful for the extensive support we received from many of you, especially in translating Artisan's more than 1200 phrases into several languages (more under preparation). We want to thank Frans Goddijn, Brad Collins, Claudia Raddatz, Marcio Carneiro, Ostnes Runar, Yoshida Minoru, David Lahoz, Savvas Kiretsis, Wa'il, Lukas Kolbe, Oliver Schirmer, Kristoffer Johansson, «etin Barut, Rubens Gardelli, Kyle Iseminger, Kalle Deligeorgakis, Matthew Sewell, Carlito Smith, Rich Helms, Carlos Pascual, Ingo, David Trebilcock, Matt Fischler, Jim Gallt, Gunnar Troll, Alex Fan, Piet Dijk, Bertrand Souville, ZoltŠn Kis and many others.

We do not take donations. But if you are using Artisan in a commercial setting, it would make us (and some others) happy if you would donate to Coffee Kids http://www.coffeekids.org/, a non-profit organization devoted to improving the quality of life for children and families in coffee growing regions around the world.

The Artisan team
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > Artisan beta...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.277207136154)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+