Coffee: Home Roasting Talk
corretto roast help
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > corretto roast...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
mogwai

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sun Mar 10, 2013, 9:28pm
Subject: corretto roast help

Hey guys,

I just started roasting with a corretto setup a few weeks ago. Everything was going great until my last roast. The bread machine right after first crack stopped and reported an E01 error - an overheating warning. Is there a way to easily disable the built in temperature sensor, or will insulation help?

While googling for an answer, I saw warnings against teflon coatings on bread pans. Is there an easy way to remove teflon, or is it not worth it?

If all else fails, is there a cheap bread machine that is known to work well? Thanks!
 View Profile Link to this post
Contrabass_Bry
Contrabass_Bry
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Breville BES900XL
Grinder: OE Pharos
Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013, 7:58am
Subject: Re: corretto roast help

I've totally been there, man. That was a sinking feeling I don't want to experience again...

On mine, I was able to gently pry/pop the tabs that held the whole top on. This unit was a side-by-side affair with the bowl portion on the left and the control panel on the right.

Once I had the top removed, it was a simple matter of finding the temp probe wiring (looked like thermocouple wire) and disconnecting it from it's contact from the wall of the mixing chamber (not from the control board end). Then you can route this wire to outside the case (I did this through some venting louvers that were already in the case!) Replace top.

That solved my overheat issue. Now I've got to work on gaining manual control of the motor. With "dough mode", I am currently relegated to a 12 minute window to roast (this is after I wait for a 2 min interval of peroiodic mix, followed by 5 min of continuous mix, followed by a 5 min lull.) This initial period is OK for me as it allows me to pre-heat the roasting chamber and gather all my doo-dads (log book, scale, beans, tools for grabing the hot components.)

Hope that helps and happy roasting!

p.s. I meant to ask: Do you roast with some manner of lid, or is the roaster open? I've taken to removing the inner, metal portion of the lid hatch (remove any plastic/glass window and use that as a partial cover. You can close off the empty space around the heat gun nozzle with aluminum foil. This still allows for steam/smoke to escape, but keeps the temps consistent in the raosting chamber.
nepsundr

Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Astra
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Clever Coffee Dripper
Roaster: HG/BM, Gene Cafe
Posted Fri Mar 15, 2013, 2:57am
Subject: Re: corretto roast help

I striped the Teflon off my bread machine.   Chemical strippers didn't do anything.    What worked for me was wire brush attachments for my drill. As for keeping the bread maker going.  I opened it up and found where the power came in and traced the wires to the control board and yanked them.  Then I wired them directly to the motor.  Whenever I plug it in the motor runs now.I seem to remember from my research at the time that some types of the motors can't do that. PS: There are various tutorials on the internet.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > corretto roast...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.207016944885)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+