Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Home Roasting Talk
Gene Cafe from Blue Bell Mountain?
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > Gene Cafe from...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
swimjay

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Breville BES900XL
Grinder: Baratza Preciso, Orphan...
Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012, 7:55pm
Subject: Re: Gene Cafe from Blue Bell Mountain?

Happy to report that the new Gene arrived yesterday, in excellent shape.  So, it took a bit longer than expected, but throughout the process Rogelio was excellent about staying in touch, emailing me with the status of the roaster.  Sometimes the delivery projections were optimistic, but the main thing is that it got here safely, at a good price.  So far, it's been great to use.
 View Profile Link to this post
atalanta
atalanta
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Gaggia
Grinder: Braun burr grinder
Drip: Capresso Grind & Brew,...
Roaster: Fresh Roast
Posted Fri Jul 27, 2012, 9:03am

Wow, four months? Thank you, this will help me to guesstimate.

I will be selling mine soon as it arrives. I just bought a HotTop which should be here around Aug 1. I'm thinking the coffee and GeneCafe will arrive together closer to September.
coffeegeeker

Expertise: Pro Barista

Posted Fri Nov 30, 2012, 4:38am

I bought new gene from blue bell mountain and it has been 2 and half months the item has not been shipped. they kept promise within the week but never have any update from them. they did not refund all amount my money and disappear like a ghost. I was impressive with the friendliness. My money won't return they took my money away. I lost 250 USD and the money wont get return. ebay and paypal cannot do anything after 45 days. remember to take action after 45 days has no any news for delivery.
drdantru

Espresso: La Pavoni and Breville Roma
Grinder: Capressa
Roaster: Behmor and i-Roast 1 and II
Posted Thu Mar 7, 2013, 7:17pm

I purchased a Gene Cafe with "free shipping" roaster  8+ months ago without ever receiving anything. It was through E-bay. The conditions on the free shipping was that it would take around 2 months to receive. I didn't realize this was a way for this seller get around E-bay's buyer protection and I could not file any claim through e-bay after 1 month.

The communication has up to recently been very cordial and I was alway told "sorry - it will happen next month' but never did.  Lots of excuses but no results.

I would not purchase through them as the likeness of getting the product is remote.
RichardCoffee

Espresso: gaggia baby twin, mini...
Grinder: fiorenzato pietro 63mm,...
Roaster: weber grill with rk drum,...
Posted Thu Mar 7, 2013, 8:11pm

I think you'll get your stuff.  It's just a matter of time.  This guy is a bully.  And, he plays fast and loose with the truth.  I've bought some green beans from him and they were pretty ratty - sticks and stones and bug bites - kind of like a little boy. For an amazing contrast, I recently bought some El Salvador dry process beans from Bodhi Leaf.  The prep was night and day over BBM and I got free shipping - delivery in about 3 days and a much better price.

Bean2friends
Lawmage

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Quickmill Anita
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013, 9:46am

I'm in actually the same boat. I ordered a roaster from them 8 months ago and they've been stalling on delivery. They now don't have the funds for a refund. Not being in the US they're pretty much untouchable.
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > Gene Cafe from...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.231117963791)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+