Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Home Roasting Talk
The World's First Coffee Roasting Cart on Maui
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > The World's...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
eddiesomsigns

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2012, 11:47am
Subject: The World's First Coffee Roasting Cart on Maui

Please have a look at our Kickstarter video. We're building a coffee cart, which features a professional coffee roaster. We specialize in small custom labeled coffee bags. They make great gifts and promos. We also craft a delicious cold press espresso concentrate.

Click Here (www.kickstarter.com)

Eddie and Olivia
Aloha Coffee Roasters, Maui Ho
 View Profile Link to this post
eddiesomsigns

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2012, 11:48am
Subject: Re: The World's First Coffee Roasting Cart on Maui

Please share out project. Really need you support. This whole project has really been stressful. Do you like it? Anyone?
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Fri Jun 22, 2012, 6:11am

It is an interesting project but I don't think it is very applicable to us here. Many here roast our own coffee and the rest of us buy our coffee at outstanding local roasters or on the internet from suppliers that we know and trust.

You have an interesting idea for your local community and I wish you well with it. I can see some issues like how are you going to power the roaster and what is the advantage of a portable roaster VS a roaster in a fixed location other than the wow factor of having people be able to watch the roasts. I can see walk by sales with the idea but perhaps the cart is a little small to keep a supply of high end and varied beans.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
germantownrob
germantownrob
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Sun Jun 24, 2012, 4:55am

This thread may generate more views and interest if moved to the roasting section.

I wish you luck with the project. I have seen a few roasting carts before at farmers markets and the wow factor does generate a good amount of sales that a shelf of roasted beans doesn't in the same setting.

Wayne, the Diedrich IR2.5 can be run off of propane and a small generator or a power converter from 12v batteries would run the electrical power.

Will you be allowed to exhaust with no filter or after burner? My IR1 produces a decent amount of smoke and most roasting carts I have seen have some sort of filtration so the crowd is not in a sea of smoke.
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Mon Jun 25, 2012, 6:13am

Thanks Rob.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CraigA
CraigA

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Mon Jun 25, 2012, 7:24am

Mod note: Thread moved from Espresso: General Discussion to Coffee: Home Roasting Talk.

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > The World's...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Quality Espresso Machines
Imported Italian Espresso Machines, Coffee Machines & accessories for all your coffee needs!
www.thecoffeebrewers.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.255773067474)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+