Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Home Roasting Talk
Toper 1 Kilo Roaster: Looking for Comments
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > Toper 1 Kilo...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
DavecUK

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Sun Jan 26, 2014, 9:42am
Subject: Re: Toper 1 Kilo Roaster: Looking for Comments

The CBR-1200 I will be keeping for my personal use. It's great for my needs, quick warmup (2m) and back to back capability. It makes it ideal for my reduced capacity needs and a few roasts for friends. It's also smaller and lighter, which makes it more suitable for home/workshop use. So no, you won't be getting your hands on mine ;-)

Testing still continues, I've had it for over 3 months now, because want to make sure it's right. Will be doing heating element replacement testing this week (oh not because it has failed, just to check the procedure) to see how easy it is and also investigating over next few weeks the possibility of changing just the element rather than the whole heating box. Heater element should relatively cheap, individual heating elements should be a negligible commercial cost. Also trying some differently sized heating elements, to see if very long life can be coupled with enough power to roast and possibly even better/esier roasting capability for the specific commercial setting.

However, I can say, it's bloody good!
 View Profile Link to this post
DavidN

Expertise: Professional

Posted Sun Jan 26, 2014, 2:56pm

And there I was already slavering at the prospect of this great new piece of kit coming my way courtesy of you! Not to be then.
Still, the big idea is to have one in every one of my Coffee Shops as a focal point. I am told Bellabarrista are the appointed distributors. I'll have to ring them up soon and enquire about availability. Do you know them?
Also, I have done a general post asking for advice on selecting the Best commercial Ceramic burr grinder out there. Can you help me with that quest?
Better still. Can we talk sometime? My mobile is the same as it ever was.
DavecUK

Posted Sun Jan 26, 2014, 7:24pm

DavidN Said:

And there I was already slavering at the prospect of this great new piece of kit coming my way courtesy of you! Not to be then.
Still, the big idea is to have one in every one of my Coffee Shops as a focal point. I am told Bellabarrista are the appointed distributors. I'll have to ring them up soon and enquire about availability. Do you know them?
Also, I have done a general post asking for advice on selecting the Best commercial Ceramic burr grinder out there. Can you help me with that quest?
Better still. Can we talk sometime? My number is xxxxxxx, same as it ever was.

Posted January 26, 2014 link

I'm doing the testing for Bella Barista, and writing all the documentation etc...so the manuals etc.. won't be in "pidgeon english". Oh if I were u I would edit your post and remove your mobile number from the forum, not a good idea.

For commercial grinders, I'm a bit old fashioned and would stick to metal burrs...but that's just me.
DavidN

Expertise: Professional

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014, 1:33pm

Thanks for the advice. Acted upon it right away.
I've been told that metal burrs tend to heat up and lead to lumps in the grind, whereas Ceramic Burrs don't, thereby keeping the ground coffee even. There must be something in that?
What's your take?
DavecUK

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014, 8:14pm

DavidN Said:

Thanks for the advice. Acted upon it right away.
I've been told that metal burrs tend to heat up and lead to lumps in the grind, whereas Ceramic Burrs don't, thereby keeping the ground coffee even. There must be something in that?
What's your take?

Posted January 27, 2014 link

Unless your using a high volume sack grinder, i wouldn't worry about it. I'm talking about the  6 inch burr models that grind 100kg per hour to fill large bags on a continuous basis. For normal commercial use, no metal burr grinder is going to heat up enough to cause lumps from grinding. If it did (which is won't), ceramic can get hot too!
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > Toper 1 Kilo...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.263422966003)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+