Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Home Roasting Talk
all turbo/crazy- where to get best deals on turbo ovens?
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > all turbo/crazy-...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 6 of 9 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
jrtATL
jrtATL
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Expobar Office Control
Grinder: Mazzer Jolly; Cunill...
Drip: Melitta Clarity
Roaster: Drum on a Weber grill; HG/DB
Posted Tue Feb 1, 2005, 2:46pm
Subject: Re: All turbo/crazy roasters

JoeP Said:

But that's what I thought the first time Rubio's Fish Taco's came out  - sooooooooo........good.

Posted February 1, 2005 link

I was always a fan of Wahoo's when I lived in LA.  I found Rubio's to be a little bland in comparison.

Jeremy

"I've appeared before every court in the state.  Often as a lawyer." - Lionel Hutz, Esq.
 View Profile Link to this post
JoeP
JoeP

Espresso: *$ barista stainless
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly
Drip: *$ aroma-swiss gold
Roaster: Sonofresco
Posted Tue Feb 1, 2005, 3:03pm

Wahoo's-grilled and spicy especially when you order it blackened and Freds(also grilled-san diego) are great also. But Rubio's in Pacific Beach not L.A. pesky combo............the best, maybe because I've been eating that stuff since I was like 11years old. They have Rubio's everywhere now, phoenix norcal, I think even in nevada. Even one's in east san diego, they don't make 'em the same as the original in P.B. In other locations I've found: cold tortilla's, cold fish, to much mayo in the sauce and several other minor imperfections. But it's still good. Thanks for the thought though I'll just think of fish taco's for a while now..........

Joe

www.cafegreenbean.com
www.sandpipercoffee.net
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
jrtATL
jrtATL

Posted Tue Feb 1, 2005, 3:22pm

JoeP Said:

Thanks for the thought though I'll just think of fish taco's for a while now..........

Joe

I've been jonesing for Wahoo's for about 6 months now.

Luckily, Fatburger just opened their first location in Atlanta, about 10 minutes from my apartment. Not fish tacos, mind you, but yet another SoCal delicacy I miss.

Jeremy

"I've appeared before every court in the state.  Often as a lawyer." - Lionel Hutz, Esq.
espressophile
espressophile
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Venus
Grinder: Innova
Roaster: iRoast
Posted Tue Feb 1, 2005, 3:43pm

Would you guys recommend that I stop in at the (relatively) new Wahoo's in San Jose, then?  Problem is, it's in Santana Row, and I don't much care for Santana Row...

And, jrt, how does one live in SoCal and end up taking the GA state Bar Exam?  Just curious.

-Tim

looking for signs in the sky
following ghosts, following visions

http://www.twitter.com/espressophile - the every espresso project
 View Profile Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
Zero
Zero

Grinder: Capresso.Infinity
Drip: French.Press, Pour.Through
Roaster: SC/CO
Posted Tue Feb 1, 2005, 3:49pm

gajetjunkie Said:

Take a look at this one for 29.99 . It's rated at 1300 watts , I would consider this a plus for roasting.

Try this link     http://store.gadgetssoldontv.com/ax707p.html

Posted January 27, 2005 link

I ordered this one this weekend and just got this email today:

Unfortunately, the item you ordered is no longer readily available for purchase.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused you.
Although we expected to receive the item from our suppliers, they have not been able to fulfill.
At this time we have no choice but to cancel your order.

on to Plan 'B'
jrtATL
jrtATL

Posted Tue Feb 1, 2005, 4:03pm

espressophile Said:

Would you guys recommend that I stop in at the (relatively) new Wahoo's in San Jose, then?  Problem is, it's in Santana Row, and I don't much care for Santana Row...

And, jrt, how does one live in SoCal and end up taking the GA state Bar Exam?  Just curious.

-Tim

Tim,

If you have not experienced Wahoo's, I highly recommend you give it a try (especially if you already know that you like fish tacos).

I always ordered the blackened fish tacos.  Not overly spicy, but definitely not bland.  Wahoo's rice is also killer.  

I have lived in a variety of places over the years, with a 3 year stop in LA.  I left LA for ATL due to Atlanta: 1) having a MUCH lower cost of living; 2) having "real" people; and 3) having less traffic.  It didn't hurt that one of my buddies offered me a partnership in his law firm in Atlanta.

Jeremy

Lefty69

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Expobar Pulser
Grinder: Mazzer Mini, Capresso...
Vac Pot: B&D Infuze
Drip: Melitta Clarity,
Roaster: GG/SC Combo, Behmor
Posted Tue Feb 1, 2005, 4:14pm

All this talk about fish tacos is making me hungry.  I spent a few weeks the last two summers in SoCal and feasted on Mahi Tacos and burritos.  My brother lives in Laguna Niguel, and there is a fantastic place nearby for Mahi burritos...name escapes me though.  Here on the East Coast, the best place I have found to get Fish Tacos is my own kitchen... Blackened Swordfish.....a tomato,avocado, and garlic salsa...spicy red cabbage slaw...and plenty of cervesa...

Eric
JoeP
JoeP

Posted Tue Feb 1, 2005, 4:58pm

Zero Said:

I ordered this one this weekend and just got this email today:

Unfortunately, the item you ordered is no longer readily available for purchase.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused you.
Although we expected to receive the item from our suppliers, they have not been able to fulfill.
At this time we have no choice but to cancel your order.

on to Plan 'B'

Man that sucks!!! I can't stand liars. Now I don't feel so bad for getting my betty for $42 w/shipping now.

www.cafegreenbean.com
www.sandpipercoffee.net
JoeP
JoeP

Posted Tue Feb 1, 2005, 6:03pm

jrtATL Said:

Luckily, Fatburger just opened their first location in Atlanta, about 10 minutes from my apartment. Not fish tacos, mind you, but yet another SoCal delicacy I miss.

Jeremy

Allright Jeremy, I wasn't gonna but I'll bring you down some memory lane, cause I sure missed them when I was in Jersey for four years. Ready.............. In-N-Out Burger,If you've been to San Diego E-Z take-out Burger(like in-n-out but with better fry's).DO you have Carl's Jr. there?they didn't in jersey. Roberto's or any other berto's(carne asada burrito), and Santana's (the best California Burrito's). Newport beach -Tommy burgers. There seemed to be a real lack of mexican food on the east coast when I was there. I visited texas once and they had this stuff called tex-mex food.... I didn't care for it as much as the baja stuff and berto's-santanas burro's.

Sorry everyone for hi-jacking my thread but I'm almost  going home from work and I'm starvin. By-the-way all this stuff makes you fat, so I can't eat it all the time. But I wish I could. When I came back home from the service I ballooned 20lbs. I finally with the help of coffee/surfing have lost that weight.

www.cafegreenbean.com
www.sandpipercoffee.net
Zero
Zero

Grinder: Capresso.Infinity
Drip: French.Press, Pour.Through
Roaster: SC/CO
Posted Tue Feb 1, 2005, 6:19pm

JoeP Said:

Man that sucks!!!

This is true. Oh well my Stir Crazy is on the way.  Now I will have time to mod it while I get another convection oven lined up.

JoeP Said:

Now I don't feel so bad for getting my betty for $42 w/shipping now.

I just looked at ebay and they have a Betty Crocker CO for $24 (so far) but the shipping and handling is $23! sheesh. Like others I'm burned out on ebay, I'll probably go with the Sunpentown at newegg.   I was kind of surprised.  I've done quite a bit of business with newegg.com and I didn't know they sold anything other than computer stuff.
showing page 6 of 9 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > all turbo/crazy-...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.426650047302)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+