Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: General Discussion
Starbucks apologizes to school teacher for alleged Satanic symbols on coffee
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > General > Starbucks...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vintage La Pavoni Lever...
Grinder: Breville Smartgrind,...
Vac Pot: Vintage Silex, Nicro...
Drip: Technivorm Moccamaster...
Roaster: javaPRO-CRC AIR Fluid Bed...
Posted Wed Apr 2, 2014, 11:19am
Subject: Starbucks apologizes to school teacher for alleged Satanic symbols on coffee

Starbucks apologizes to school teacher for alleged Satanic symbols on coffee
Click Here (www.foxnews.com)

=============

Len

CoffeeRoastersClub: statan.jpg
(Click for larger image)

"Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water." ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

Bitcoin Merchant www.CoffeeRoastersClub.com     www.javaPRO-CRC.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
TheRealScubaSteve
TheRealScubaSteve
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Delonghi EC155
Grinder: Baratza Encore
Posted Wed Apr 2, 2014, 11:31am
Subject: Re: Starbucks apologizes to school teacher for alleged Satanic symbols on coffee

"I was so appalled that I could not bring myself to look at him."

If this happened to you, would you be that offended? I wouldn't. I'd laugh it off, tell myself the kid was a little strange, and enjoy drink my latte. Sounds like she wants a free gift card.

If I were the complainant, I'd be more offended that Starbucks responded to her social media complaint by saying "We’re taking the complaint seriously. We’re not . . . sure what kind of beverage it was. . .It looks kind of caramel-ish in the photos." Who cares what kind of beverage it was? If it were a cup of water with an unprofessional caramel drizzle, would it have made a difference?

My personal favorite, though, is that they may consider changing their policy on "foam art."

"But it is not a perfect world and none of us are god-shots.  As for me, I am a little over extracted and therefore slightly bitter and my crema is thin..." -Buckley
 View Profile Link to this post
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub

Posted Wed Apr 2, 2014, 12:08pm
Subject: Re: Starbucks apologizes to school teacher for alleged Satanic symbols on coffee

Starbucks should probably implement a more stringent employee drug testing policy.  The devil worshipper was probably stoned .

Len

"Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water." ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

Frost
Frost
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Isomac Venus
Grinder: Lelit PL53
Roaster: Poppery I w/variac, MET, BT
Posted Wed Apr 2, 2014, 1:59pm

Geez Len, give the kid a break; that last piercing really hurt!
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub

Posted Wed Apr 2, 2014, 2:17pm

In his spare time he is a facepainter like David Puddy on Seinfeld.

Len

CoffeeRoastersClub: puddydevils.jpg
(Click for larger image)

SproBro

Espresso: CC1 v1.5
Grinder: Compak K10PB, Vario
Posted Wed Apr 2, 2014, 3:11pm

Rather skillfull use of the caramel syrup pump admittedly. The pentagram isn't bad, but the 666 is just awful. They could have made a nice smiley face or something that would probably have looked much better. I think I could laugh it off it was halloween or something, other than that its just some dumb kids.

The real question is, who among us is going to try this as latte art and put this kid to shame?
TheRealScubaSteve
TheRealScubaSteve
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Delonghi EC155
Grinder: Baratza Encore
Posted Wed Apr 2, 2014, 3:52pm

Ha, most of my hearts come out as strawberries, pears, apples, and the like. Perhaps I'll try my hand at some swans and rosettas. They'll surely come out as a sea monster - serpent art anyone?

The good thing about kids still not having learned that in the world of social media, they're bound to get fired is that it gives the media (and us) something to talk about. Pizza Hut had a good one written on a receipt, too.

"But it is not a perfect world and none of us are god-shots.  As for me, I am a little over extracted and therefore slightly bitter and my crema is thin..." -Buckley
germantownrob
germantownrob

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Thu Apr 3, 2014, 6:48am

CoffeeRoastersClub Said:

Starbucks should probably implement a more stringent employee drug testing policy.  The devil worshipper was probably stoned .

Len

Posted April 2, 2014 link

I find this offensive, I have been a stoner for 30 years and have never once worshiped the Devil! Lol
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub

Posted Thu Apr 3, 2014, 8:04am

germantownrob Said:

I find this offensive, I have been a stoner for 30 years and have never once worshiped the Devil! Lol

Posted April 3, 2014 link

Better to laugh with the sinners than die with the saints, the sinners have much more fun, for only the good die young.

Len

CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Thu Apr 3, 2014, 8:31am

germantownrob Said:

Posted April 3, 2014 link

Though i don't go to Charbucks anymore, obviously haha. I remember you either had all teens/young people who acted either stoned or you had the older ladies who seriously seriously loved their Charbucks job and were really into it and happy lol. The real outcry shouldn't be against the art, but the awful tasting pig trough swill below the art :) heh
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > General > Starbucks...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.314597845078)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+