Coffee: General Discussion
Metropolis 2-for-1 sale Fri 11/29/13 thru Mon 12/2/13
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > General > Metropolis...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
Nurk2
Nurk2
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Gaggio Classic
Grinder: Gaggio MDF
Drip: French Press
Posted Fri Dec 6, 2013, 8:36am
Subject: Re: Metropolis 2-for-1 sale Fri 11/29/13 thru Mon 12/2/13

franky Said:

How is their drip? I was going to make a purchase, but I didn't see anything about their drip at all.

Posted December 6, 2013 link

Sorry, I'm not familiar with their drip. Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?

If it sounds good, it is good.
~ Duke Ellington

If you sound bad on Squire through a Peavey Bandit, you're not going to sound good on a PRS through a Badcat.

www.danskidmore.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
dana_leighton
dana_leighton
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Relax; Caferina...
Grinder: Macap MXK; Baratza Vario-W;...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: Technivorm; CCD; Melitta
Roaster: Poppery I w/PID controller
Posted Fri Dec 6, 2013, 11:21am

Nurk2 Said:

According to the Redline spec sheet

https://www.metropoliscoffee.com/userimages/redline-params.pdf

I am always amused at the way overdosing is the norm (apparently a North American thing):
"USING A DOUBLE BASKET WITH A LOW DOSE…DOSE: 16g"

16g a low dose in a double (14g) basket?!? That's funny to me.

I'll be trying with my VST 15g basket (dosed at 15g) in a couple days. I'll play with the up/down dosing, but my experience has been that "normal" dosing gives me the best results.

Dana Leighton - Espresso hack and CoffeeGeek moderator
Nurk2
Nurk2

Posted Fri Dec 6, 2013, 11:52am

dana_leighton Said:

I am always amused at the way overdosing is the norm (apparently a North American thing):
"USING A DOUBLE BASKET WITH A LOW DOSE…DOSE: 16g"

16g a low dose in a double (14g) basket?!? That's funny to me.

I'll be trying with my VST 15g basket (dosed at 15g) in a couple days. I'll play with the up/down dosing, but my experience has been that "normal" dosing gives me the best results.

Yeah. I'm not certain what they're afraid of. I definitely extracted more into this morning's shot than their guidelines recommend. Except for the finish it was a really good, and the finish wasn't half bad. Very enjoyable.

~ Duke Ellington

If you sound bad on Squire through a Peavey Bandit, you're not going to sound good on a PRS through a Badcat.

www.danskidmore.com
Nurk2
Nurk2

Posted Sat Dec 7, 2013, 10:59am

UPDATE:

Took the first jar out of the freezer last night.  This was roasted on 12/2, I got it on the 5th, so it only spent a day in the freezer, and over night warming up.

Went up to a 16g basket so I could get the same volume quicker, and then I went to the big, flat bottom basket.  These changes brought on the baker's chocolate, and then, finally, walnut.  All very pleasant, but now that I've gone through there range of recommendations I think I'm going to go back and try the small basket.  That  first shot was so awesome that I'm less interested in following their directions than in pulling a great shot.

And herself is liking the cappa's at all doses.

~ Duke Ellington

www.danskidmore.com
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Sat Dec 7, 2013, 11:41am

Opened the La Cordillera Blend first, 1) it smells awesome and sweet in the bag, 2) damn good blend... me likey. This is one of the rare light/medium roast that carries well in milk. And the 1st shot wasn't even dialed in, just left the same setting for beans I was using and ended up with a 20 second double, yet still tasted good in milk, going to adjust finer for a normal 27-30 sec extraction I prefer.
 View Profile Link to this post
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > General > Metropolis...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.247961044312)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+