Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: General Discussion
How to make a cup of coffee
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > General > How to make a...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
winkie
winkie
Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013, 7:27pm
Subject: How to make a cup of coffee

Buy good coffee is the first step in making good coffee, proper storage, grinding, brewing when water temperature and contact time are coffee powder is an important factor affecting the quality of coffee. How to brew tasty coffee, must meet a number of factors:
Beans: Want to own brew a cup of coffee, in addition to brewing techniques, the most important thing is to buy good quality coffee beans. Beans should also note the time of purchase the color and grain are uniform size, good coffee not only looks shiny and with a rich aroma and no mixed smell.
Grinding degree: according to the coffee machine and used to do the right grind, grinding can be divided into three stages: rough grinding (percolator), grinding (drip coffee), and fine grind (espresso machine). The coarse ground coffee for filter coffee maker (the American tradition of brewing device), medium ground coffee for follicular type, flannel filter type, siphon coffee maker brewing method is most suitable for fine grinding coffee distillation device (also known as drop-in coffee machine). And to remind you that the shorter brewing time, grind the particles should be more detailed. Because the smaller the particle, the larger contact area and the hot water, the brew time is shorter. And meticulous polishing will make coffee more bitter, but also easier to block the coffee machine; too coarse grinding, it will not taste out over coffee.
Fresh optimum temperature of the water: 97% of coffee is water, only with good quality water to brew the coffee aroma and rich original. Best to use filtered water to brew coffee. Do not boil the coffee because coffee boiling water will become bitter, but also noted that the water temperature should be lower than 96 degrees centigrade.
Coffee is best not to reheat. Brew every cook should pay attention to only the desired weight, and preferably just cooked when drinking. The best coffee drinking temperature is 85 degrees Celsius.

Creative Mosaic tiles,Create the perfect space
http://www.cpmosaic.net
http://lafachina.en.alibaba.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
NobbyR
NobbyR
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Poccino Opus One, Ariete
Grinder: Eureka Mignon Istantaneo
Vac Pot: N/A
Drip: Melitta Linea Unica de Luxe
Roaster: N/A
Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013, 9:56pm
Subject: Re: How to make a cup of coffee

What's coffee again? Must be some new designer drink, probably from the Coca Cola company.  ;-P

"This drink of the Satan is so delicious that it would be a shame to leave it to the infidels." (Pope Clement VIII on coffee, when he was urged to ban the beverage)
 View Profile Link to this post
IMAWriter
IMAWriter
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600+, CO/UFO combo
Posted Sat Sep 28, 2013, 9:48pm

NobbyR Said:

What's coffee again? Must be some new designer drink, probably from the Coca Cola company.  ;-P

Posted September 24, 2013 link

Moderators need to move this thread (with apologies to the nob-ster) out of the Lever Forum and into....the spam folder. LOL

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
dana_leighton
dana_leighton

Espresso: Isomac Relax; Caferina...
Grinder: Macap MXK; Baratza Vario-W;...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: Technivorm; CCD; Melitta
Roaster: Poppery I w/PID controller
Posted Sat Sep 28, 2013, 10:14pm

Moved to the coffee general discussion forum.

Dana Leighton - Espresso hack and CoffeeGeek moderator
CoffeeLoversMag
CoffeeLoversMag

Posted Tue Oct 1, 2013, 5:00am

Sometimes our discussion here can be disappointing. Why? We have different views and procedure in having a cup of coffee and it seems other commenters try to say that he or she is the only person has the right opinion and pin down other comment.

I believe that not all coffee drinkers are having the same reason to drink coffee. It is rather a matter of preference, how we drink coffee and how we prepare a cup of coffee. For me, I rather prefer to drink coffee in a simple way by just mixing coffee into a cup with water and sugar. I drink it when I felt sleepy during my work in the office. And coffee for me makes me healthier.

Did you know...? Dark roast coffees actually have less caffeine than lighter roasts due to the fact that the process of roasting burns off caffeine.
www.coffeeloversmag.com/theMagazine
NobbyR
NobbyR

Espresso: Poccino Opus One, Ariete
Grinder: Eureka Mignon Istantaneo
Vac Pot: N/A
Drip: Melitta Linea Unica de Luxe
Roaster: N/A
Posted Tue Oct 1, 2013, 5:52am

I could not find anything controversial in Winkie's post, since it basically covers the basics of brewing coffee. I just found it funny to start a discussion on a subject like that in a forum of coffee aficionados like it was something groundbraking or new. It's rather like carrying coals to Newcastle.

"This drink of the Satan is so delicious that it would be a shame to leave it to the infidels." (Pope Clement VIII on coffee, when he was urged to ban the beverage)
 View Profile Link to this post
dana_leighton
dana_leighton

Espresso: Isomac Relax; Caferina...
Grinder: Macap MXK; Baratza Vario-W;...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: Technivorm; CCD; Melitta
Roaster: Poppery I w/PID controller
Posted Tue Oct 1, 2013, 6:29am

NobbyR Said:

I could not find anything controversial in Winkie's post, since it basically covers the basics of brewing coffee. I just found it funny to start a discussion on a subject like that in a forum of coffee aficionados like it was something groundbraking or new. It's rather like carrying coals to Newcastle.

Posted October 1, 2013 link

Both of these posters are what I like to refer to as "link spammers" whose main goal is to get links to their sites increased. On a high-profile site like CG, having lots of links from the forums can increase your standing in Google search results. Nothing these posters post is ever substantial or controversial. If there is controversy, it is generated by the community.

My advice would be to ignore these kinds of posts.

Dana Leighton - Espresso hack and CoffeeGeek moderator
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > General > How to make a...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.261702060699)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+