Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: General Discussion
Too much caffeine?
Quality Espresso Machines
Imported Italian Espresso Machines, Coffee Machines & accessories for all your coffee needs!
www.thecoffeebrewers.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > General > Too much...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
cerridwyn
cerridwyn
Expertise: I live coffee
Posted Wed May 29, 2013, 8:15pm
Subject: Re: Too much caffeine?

NobbyR Said:

I see. So with some energy drinks you only need about four cans to come close to 1 g of caffeine. In Germany the highest caffeine concentration of available energy drinks is 33 g per 100 ml (= 3.38 oz). So there's not much danger there.

Posted May 28, 2013 link

Did you mean mg??? otherwise your looking at one heck of a lot of caffeine.

The world needs more outstanding coffee.

do you game?:
http://forum.paxcorvus.info
http://www.outland.org
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
NobbyR
NobbyR
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Poccino Opus One, Ariete
Grinder: Eureka Mignon Istantaneo
Vac Pot: N/A
Drip: Melitta Linea Unica de Luxe
Roaster: N/A
Posted Sun Jun 2, 2013, 7:57am

cerridwyn Said:

Did you mean mg???

Posted May 29, 2013 link

You're right, of course, it's "mg". Stupid typing error. Already corrected my post.

"This drink of the Satan is so delicious that it would be a shame to leave it to the infidels." (Pope Clement VIII on coffee, when he was urged to ban the beverage)
 View Profile Link to this post
jwark
jwark
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Le'Lit PL041TQE
Grinder: Le'Lit PL53
Posted Tue Jun 4, 2013, 4:22pm

I sometimes feel like I'm intaking too much caffeine so I cut back. Have to listen to your body I guess? I still think it's much better than overloading on sugar and junk food but to each his own I guess.

“It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.”  - Jack Handy
NobbyR
NobbyR

Posted Tue Jun 4, 2013, 10:45pm

jwark Said:

Have to listen to your body I guess?

Posted June 4, 2013 link

IMHO caffeine dependency is only a problem when you can't get any and develop withdrawal symptoms.

"This drink of the Satan is so delicious that it would be a shame to leave it to the infidels." (Pope Clement VIII on coffee, when he was urged to ban the beverage)
Daniel437

Posted Thu Jun 6, 2013, 6:38am

I try to limit myself to two cups of coffee a day. The issue with taking too much caffeine is it becomes a vicious cycle-- can't sleep, drink more coffee, then can't sleep again as a result, drink more the next day. I think it's even more difficult for people who work late. More than four cups a day is extremely negative for your health:
http://www.coffeekrave.com/how-much-caffeine-is-too-much/
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
NobbyR
NobbyR

Posted Thu Jun 6, 2013, 6:58am

Daniel437 Said:

More than four cups a day is extremely negative for your health.

Posted June 6, 2013 link

I more or less disagree. Based on up-to-date scientific data the Deutsches Grünes Kreuz advised in 2009: "Drinking two, three, four or even more cups of coffee per day has positive effects on numerous internal organs and body functions. There even seems to be a protective or preventative effect in some diseases. In in most cases, there is no reason to stop drinking coffee for medical considerations. However, in individual cases it's advisable to consult your doctor, especially during pregnancy."

Ian
Ian

Espresso: Euro2000,Rancilio
Grinder: Mazzer,La Cimbali
Vac Pot: Cona-->CraigA
Drip: Belgique for emergencies
Roaster: Primas with variac
Posted Thu Jun 6, 2013, 7:29am

NobbyR Said:

IMHO caffeine dependency is only a problem when you can't get any and develop withdrawal symptoms.

Posted June 4, 2013 link

One of my products of choice is Anadin Extra, each tablet contains: Aspirin 300mg, Paracetamol 200mg, Caffeine 45mg. Useful to take a couple when you get one of those 'lack of caffeine'  dull headaches.

www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum
MerleApAmber

Espresso: Breville BES900
Grinder: Baratza Preciso + Esatto
Vac Pot: Yuma
Drip: bah-humbug
Roaster: Hot Top 2K P
Posted Thu Jun 6, 2013, 8:49pm

I just had a gastroenterologist notify me that aspirin causes ulcerations -( period )- She went so far as to say, even injected not digested, causes ulcerations to tissue.  This is NOT the simple safe be all end all people with a vested interest in selling you a daily aspirin want you to think it is...  People with other problems; just can make matters worse. Interesting "food" for thought wot?
NobbyR
NobbyR

Posted Fri Jun 7, 2013, 4:45am

MerleApAmber Said:

I just had a gastroenterologist notify me that aspirin causes ulcerations.

Posted June 6, 2013 link

This has been perfectly true for quite a very long time and counts for all so called NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) pain killers like ibuprofen or diclofenac, for example, that are widely used. In the case of aspirin it's a matter of weighing the pro and cons of that drug. Unless a patient is highly susceptible to developing ulcers, the beneficial effects of acetylsalicylic acid (especially preventing heart attacks and strokes, but also reducing the risk of colorectal cancer) are usually considered greater than the possible side effects.

showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > General > Too much...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Gourmet Organic Coffee
Temblor is a smooth high-grown Guatemalan coffee that presents notes of spice and chocolate.
thelostgringo.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.326507806778)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+