Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: General Discussion
Coffee show on TV
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > General > Coffee show on...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
Author Messages
msboo

Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso, Capresso...
Drip: Technivorm, Bonavita
Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013, 12:23pm
Subject: Coffee show on TV

I really wish there was a show dedicated to coffee on the Food Network.  Would be great to see products and techniques demonstrated by those in the coffee world, everything you could think of. They could also show events like the yearly SCAA Show, CoffeeCon, Housewares, whatever.

We have cable not satelite so maybe there's something I'm not aware of.
 View Profile Link to this post
msboo

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013, 12:30pm
Subject: Re: Coffee show on TV

OK, did see something about a show on the Travel channel called Dangerous Grounds (original working title was Coffee Hunter). A series of 8 or 9 episodes that started in Fall 2012. May try to find it somewhere OnDemand? Sounds like an interesting show but not exactly what I was OPing about.
kboom1
kboom1
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Alex2HX,Alex Duetto,Rancilio...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky,Vario
Roaster: Behmor x2 / USRC Sample...
Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013, 3:22pm

have looked for it several times, never found it. hopefully you will have better luck... Think I seen 1or 2 shows on Discovery channel,and/or History channel, might have been the show How it's made and showed the roasting facility at Intelly and went from the coffee being grown,sourced,roasted and served including baristas pulling shots. It would be a neat show if some roasters and baristas got together and done a show for the food network, but were a select target audence. even though over half the world drinks coffee of some type, not all of them are as passionate of coffee as our group is.
msboo

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013, 5:29pm

As I posted last, Dangerous Grounds is on the Travel Channel. I did check on their web site but having a hard time finding it on the schedule. It originally aired in January. Hopefully they're still shooting episodes or airing re-runs.
auntkitten

Espresso: La Spaziale S1 Rossini...
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso
Roaster: i-Roast 2
Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013, 12:08am

I Tivo'd and watched the Dangerous Grounds show a handful of times. Wished I could say I liked it, but the intensity of the guy (Todd Carmichael) was off-putting to me. Maybe too much caffeine? They would spend almost the entire segment searching for coffee in challenging and dangerous places and then end the show just as he purchased the beans. I guess the focus was more on the country than the actual coffee. Makes sense since it airs on the Travel Channel. Todd is extremely knowledgeable, no question. As a roaster myself, it was exciting to watch him quick roast beans and then cupping at the source to determine whether he should buy them.

I too, would love to watch a show on the full cycle of the beans, growing to drinking. That show might not be as exciting as Dangerous Grounds though.
msboo

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013, 11:49am

Auntkitten.....   what I read on Travel Channel's site sounds like you described. I'm still interested in watching but as you said, they spend most the time looking/traveling for farms---interesting aspect of coffee but I want more of the type show you would find on Food Network. TC states how dangerous it is for Todd, almost lost his life at one point. Coffee, but not all, is grown in dangerous places---I recently read about the death of a well known and respected coffee farmer in Colombia, he was murdered. That's a tragic, sad side of the coffee industry which produces a 'cup of wonderful' most of us take for granted---I think of that farmer every morning now.

A food show, on the Food Network, dedicated to coffee could feature ALL aspects of the coffee industry----from seed to cup. There's potential for so much variety that would be highly interesting/entertaining as well as educational. Kevin Sinnott, CoffeeCompanion.com, would be particularly great doing this sort of thing.

Oh well, hope and pray for now.
mrbjvb

Espresso: Quickmill Anita, Rancilio...
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch, Rocky...
Vac Pot: Yama 8 cup
Drip: Behmor BraZen, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Tue Mar 26, 2013, 10:33am

For those of you who can stream Netflix, there is a documentary called Perfect Cappuccino. Check it out!
msboo

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2013, 12:48pm

Mrbjvb.....  Great to know (Netflix), thanks.

Keep the comments coming
CoffeeLoversMag
CoffeeLoversMag

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013, 7:09am

Has anyone tried watching Living Coffee with Paul Bassett? I haven't tried it yet. Not sure if it's worth it though.

Did you know...? Dark roast coffees actually have less caffeine than lighter roasts due to the fact that the process of roasting burns off caffeine.
www.coffeeloversmag.com/theMagazine
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
steamer
steamer

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus IV R
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-B Baratza...
Vac Pot: Krubs Moka Brew, vacPot
Drip: TechV, and many more
Roaster: Hottop
Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013, 2:45pm

There was also on Modern Marvels; The History of Coffee, this was a cool documentary on coffee. It also had Mike, who runs Pollys Coffee in Long Beach, Ca. Pollys is a local roaster and coffee joint, they also roast for various places as also Polly Pies. Mike show different types of brewing methods.
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > General > Coffee show on...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.229083061218)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+