Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: General Discussion
Hi and looking for Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Fans
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > General > Hi and looking...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
Silas

Expertise: Just starting

Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso
Vac Pot: Cona C,  Hario Nouveau
Drip: Chemex
Posted Sat Aug 25, 2012, 1:07pm
Subject: Re: Hi and looking for Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Fans

CraigJS Said:

http://www.paradiseroasters.com/
3.00 fast shipping, great roasters

Posted July 21, 2012 link

I have just had their Ethiopia Yirgacheffe ECX TOP Lot  Medium Roast.....my second order, since I have NEVER tasted better!!   A most excellent coffee and delivered super fast.

Also, their Sumatra Danau Toba was equally excellent.  

Just let them do the roast they feel best, and you will find great coffee.
 View Profile Link to this post
pnosko

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Epoca ST1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso w/Esatto
Drip: Frieling Coffee For One 23...
Posted Sun Aug 26, 2012, 12:58pm

I found that I needed to cut down and use about 30 grams for 6-7 cups and 60 grams for a full 12-cup pot. For a single cup (I have a one-cup dripper with a gold filter), I use about 17 grams. Not very economical, so I only do this if it's late and I need one more, but nothing beats the flavor of a single cup brew.

I will need to reorder soon.
pnosko

Posted Tue Sep 4, 2012, 6:43pm

I received my 2nd order of the same last Friday, and got another nice bonus from Paradise Roasters. I added comments to the order asking for any EY that might have been roasted a little too dark (a shot in the dark). Instead, I got a sample bag of Organic Mexico Chiapas. I will try it this coming weekend. I have mixed feelings about wanting it to "rock my world" as Brian said it might. I've felt a good bit of comfort and efficiency in having found a coffee that I've loved like no other for decades, sort of like the way Jeff Goldblum had a closet full of identical suits in The Fly. No choices to make, no leftover gone stale. On the other hand, being surprised by something new is a life moment to be treasured.
Netphilosopher

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Sep 5, 2012, 4:38am
Subject: .

pnosko

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2013, 12:43pm

Well folks, after 25 years of drinking Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, I think I have found a new regular. On a recent order from Paradise Roasters, I added a bag of Ethiopia Sidamo Ardi to sample. I am totally hooked. I was actually looking forward to finishing off my supply of Yirgacheffe so I could concentrate on the Ardi. And I'm really surprised at liking a light roast. I had assumed that only a dark roast would rock my buds. What a foolish old newbie I've been!
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > General > Hi and looking...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.210038900375)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+