Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: General Discussion
*Another Canadian Green Bean Retailer*
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > General > *Another...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
CraigA
CraigA
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Sat Aug 3, 2002, 8:26pm
Subject: *Another Canadian Green Bean Retailer*

Mark & Coffeegeek community-

This was just posted by RG on alt.coffee @ 11.04 pm. A new Canadian green bean retailer, www.hasbeans.ca   Also has a cafe, New Day Cafe. 1lb minimum  $5 flat-rate shipping (5-7 day delivery) $10 Xpresspost (2-3 day delivery) 10 lbs or more, 10% discount.
 P.S. Just ordered 10 lbs of Kenya "AA",10 lbs of Sumatra Mandheling,& 10 lbs of a new bean, Nicaragua La Union finca,"Aroma Nica" @ 12.22am & will let anyone know,if interested, about this company & the service & quality received,when the goods are delivered! I'll call the company first thing Tuesday,after our Monday Civic holiday(Can)(Lord John Graves Simcoe).The Covent Garden Market,(where the cafe's located) is in London,Ontario,Canada, & open 7 days a week.
Hours are 11.00am - 5.00pm Sun. I will call/& or visit the shop some time on Sunday,if it is open,depending on the holiday hours.

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
cafebeaud
cafebeaud

Espresso: Epoca S1 tank
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Vac Pot: Next purchase (I think)
Drip: No I'm not...
Roaster: FreshRoast
Posted Mon Aug 12, 2002, 3:31am
Subject: Re: *Another Canadian Green Bean Retailer*

Hello Craig
I ordered 10 pounds for a test ride, will see how long it takes to ship it out to Baie-Comeau on the North Shore. I read on alt.coffee that you finaly went there and met the boss, that's nice but how where the beans ? Did you roast some ? Did they have a lot of defects ? Please give us the whole poop, and nothing but the poop... 8-)

P.S: My order went out on the 08

CafeBeaud
Silvia/Mazzer Mini/Alp/HWP
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CraigA
CraigA

Posted Mon Aug 12, 2002, 6:58am

CafeBeaud Said:

Hello Craig
I ordered 10 pounds for a test ride, will see how long it takes to ship it out to Baie-Comeau on the North Shore. I read on alt.coffee that you finaly went there and met the boss, that's nice but how where the beans ? Did you roast some ? Did they have a lot of defects ? Please give us the whole poop, and nothing but the poop... 8-)

P.S: My order went out on the 08

Posted August 12, 2002 link

Hi Steve-
Great to hear from ya!
The whole Kopi Luwak,& nothing but Kopi Luwak {:-D  

I've roasted all 3.The Kenya "AA",Sumatra Mandheling,& the private Nicaraguan estate Aroma "Nica". No defects! The Kenyan & Mandheling are fuller,richer tasting than my Oct/01  order & both have finished roasts (the bean sizes),that look to be about 30-40% larger. The Nica is exceptionally clean & looks as green as the Heritage Tarrazu,& Sweet Maria's Tarrazu Santa Elena "Miel"02. A very good cup,well balanced like a Tarrazu. Check out the writeup on Hasbeans click here  Click on Aroma Nica at the bottom of page.There's an article on this finca (farm),& a letter of appreciation (Thank you) from the director there. The Nica is Hasbean's Daily Cafe's house coffee. Steve,what coffee's did you order?

View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
cafebeaud
cafebeaud

Posted Tue Aug 13, 2002, 2:52am

Yo Craig

I ordered a sample mix if I can say that, two pounds of each of these:

-Aroma Nica
-Columbia Supremo Light
-Guatemala Antigua
-Mexican Pluma Altura
-Mocha

Still waiting, but now they are out of Pluma Altura, maybe that will delay my order.

CafeBeaud
CraigA
CraigA

Posted Tue Aug 13, 2002, 7:02am

Steve,
Maybe you could email Hasbeans & subsitute Sumatra Mandheling &/or Aroma Nica. They're both great coffee's, you won't be disappointed!

cafebeaud
cafebeaud

Posted Tue Aug 13, 2002, 7:26am

CraigA Said:

Steve,
Maybe you could email Hasbeans & subsitute Sumatra Mandheling &/or Aroma Nica. They're both great coffee's, you won't be disappointed!

Posted August 13, 2002 link

Already did that this morning.
Kama Sumatra !!!

CafeBeaud
CraigA
CraigA

Posted Tue Aug 13, 2002, 7:36am

CafeBeaud Said:

Already did that this morning.
Kama Sumatra !!!

Cool!!

cafebeaud
cafebeaud

Posted Tue Aug 13, 2002, 6:03pm

Well finaly, I received my order from Hasbeans today and with the Pluma Altura, seems I was the one who took the last 2 pounds (he,he,he) and Paul had sent me a email on that.  The beans look very nice (no defects) and will probably be roasting some this weekend.
There is something weird about the 5$ flat shipping rate, in fact the real cost was 9.20$ but still I only paid 5$.
Good for us... 8-)
Cheers

CafeBeaud
CraigA
CraigA

Posted Tue Aug 13, 2002, 6:48pm

Steve, Whadda ya mean finally!? {:-D  Your order shipped on Thurs, Aug 8 & you Got your order today Tues,Aug 13th. Flat rate shipping is Parcel Post 5-7 days delivery. Not counting the weekend, thats 4 days!
Priority Post is $10 & 2-3 days delivery. It looks like Paul ate the difference. Thats great!, at least you got the beans earlier, & you were itching to get started! This flat rate shipping thing is pretty incredible, I'm not gonna knock a Good thing! Please keep me posted on what you think of the quality.

cafebeaud
cafebeaud

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2002, 5:27pm

CraigA Said:

Steve, Whadda ya mean finally!? {:-D  Your order shipped on Thurs, Aug 8 & you Got your order today Tues,Aug 13th. Flat rate shipping is Parcel Post 5-7 days delivery. Not counting the weekend, thats 4 days!
Priority Post is $10 & 2-3 days delivery. It looks like Paul ate the difference. Thats great!, at least you got the beans earlier, & you were itching to get started! This flat rate shipping thing is pretty incredible, I'm not gonna knock a Good thing! Please keep me posted on what you think of the quality.

Don't get me wrong there my friend 8-)  When I said finally, I was not ranting about the delivery at all, in fact I was most pleased with the fact that it took just 4 days.  But as you know that morning I had sent an email to them asking if they could change my order because I tought they were out of Pluma Altura, in the end (finally) I was the one who had the last of it. (yeah !)

Anyway, if it's not raining too much this weekend, I surely will roast the Aroma Nica.  I tend to roast on the dark side, how did you do yours ?  First time I'll be drinking coffee from Nicaragua.

I'm still itching  8^)>

CafeBeaud
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > General > *Another...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.300145864487)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+