Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: Quickshot Review Feedback
Technivorm MoccaMaster CD
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > Quickshot... > Technivorm...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 5 of 5 first page previous page
Author Messages
Niko
Niko
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Nespresso D300
Grinder: VitaMix
Drip: Bunn Phase Brew HT
Posted Sat Apr 9, 2011, 10:12am
Subject: Re: Technivorm MoccaMaster CD

About a month after I ordered a new filter basket lid, my MoccaMaster CD quit working. This time the rocker switch - the usual culprit - was fine. I rewrapped the wires, even put on a new connector but no joy.

Now, the only reason I'm posting another reply is because I found out Boyd's now has a great program for out-of-warranty TV brewers. For around $45, you can swap your kaput TV brewer with a nicely refurbished one. I could've even chosen a different model(!!), but I still think the MMCD is the best looking of the lot so ended up ordering it again. Just call or email Boyd's and they'll set it up. You pack up and send your brewer with all parts back to Boyd's - which irked me since I'd just spent $16 on the new basket lid. I did, however, still have the broken-handled carafe and original single-hole spout, so I sent those. FYI: keep your original box and any junky parts in case you need to do this swap in the future.

It's still under the new warranty, but all's been well for the last 10 months.
 View Profile Link to this post
Niko
Niko
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Nespresso D300
Grinder: VitaMix
Drip: Bunn Phase Brew HT
Posted Sun Dec 9, 2012, 8:54pm

Today the refurbished MoccaMaster CD that Boyd's sent to me stopped heating the water halfway through a brew cycle. The rocker switch light was stil on, so I knew the machine hadn't tripped the breaker as in previous times.

I cleaned it up, let it sit... and nothing. Back to Boyd's it goes, although this time I think I'll spring for a different model. I don't even see this model listed anymore on the Boyd's site. What's up with that?

Like my previous one, it made wonderful coffee. However, for $300 bucks I feel this coffeemaker should last much longer and the problems I've had doesn't speak well for its build quality.
jezekilj

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sun Dec 1, 2013, 6:10am

wosbald Said:

+JMJ+
Dear Mr. Prince,
Too bad you've never seen an Appliance Science Coffee 1.  They were made in the early 90's, then pulled from the market after a month due to copyright infringment on some of the technology.  This machine brewed 64 oz. of superlative drip coffee in about 3.5 min.  ALL of the water was FULLY heated before the brew cycle even engaged.  It had a cupcake, not wedge, filter basket.  And it had multiple water hole for a "shower" effect.  I, luckily, have one.  If you're ever near Cleveland, let me know, and you could drink some coffee from this machine.  Its the only auto that ranks with a vac pot.
P.S. I just finished (95% done) my second handbook on coffee technology, roasting, agronomy, etc.  Its aimed to small scale professionals and advanced homeroasters.  Since I only like ULTRA. ULTRA light roasted, washed coffees of very high quality, there's no chapter dedicated solely to espresso, though, since it is not my real passion or forte.  Dr. Joseph John from Josuma Coffee says I need to write a chapter on it, though, for the book to be REALLY complete.  Well, maybe...
In Christ,
Steven

Posted November 20, 2004 link

Steven,

Do you have a picture of it? Or link?

Could not find in on the net
showing page 5 of 5 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > Quickshot... > Technivorm...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.180032968521)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+