Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: CoffeeGeek Podcast Feedback
Ok let's really think about paying Mark some money for the podcasts
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > CG Podcasts > Ok let's really...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
eastbaysanfranman
eastbaysanfranman
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Nueva Simmoneli Oscar
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky doserless
Vac Pot: Hario
Drip: Technivorm/Chemex/Espro...
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Sat Nov 8, 2008, 5:43pm
Subject: Ok let's really think about paying Mark some money for the podcasts

Listen gang, I REALLY miss listening to the podcast. I would be willing to contribute a set amount of money per a year to entice Mark to put out. I know what my set amount is but I don't know if it would be appropriate to mention that here. The idea is that if we get enough people to pay, Mark would be more enticed. So how bout it. We would also have to coordinate this with Mark because we would not want a conflict of interest with 49th parallel. Is there another area where in which this should be posted to raise awareness of the cause? PS what's up with the holiday gift list? We miss you Mark- peace
 View Profile Link to this post
javajueckstock
javajueckstock
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia V3
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: na
Drip: aeropress,
Posted Mon Nov 17, 2008, 6:31am
Subject: Re: Ok let's really think about paying Mark some money for the podcasts

I agree with you, please keep this thread going, I might be able to jump in and help out.  The economy sucks and money is tight, but 10 hour nights on the assembly line go much faster when I can listen to Mark's podcasts!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
I_Need_An_Intervention

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky Doserless
Posted Thu Dec 18, 2008, 12:28pm
Subject: Re: Ok let's really think about paying Mark some money for the podcasts

I just want to say I love and miss the coffeegeek podcast; however, I don't think it would go over well if listeners had to pay a monthly or yearly fee to subscribe. I'm not saying the podcasts aren't worth the money, because they are. I'm just saying it would be difficult to charge money when the majority of podcasts are free. I also think the podcast would lose listenership going this route. I mean, let's face it, these days you pretty much have to pay to breathe, so why not keep the coffeegeek podcast free?

Perhaps donations would be a better route?
eastbaysanfranman
eastbaysanfranman

Espresso: Nueva Simmoneli Oscar
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky doserless
Vac Pot: Hario
Drip: Technivorm/Chemex/Espro...
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Mon Dec 22, 2008, 9:52pm

Ok then, donations. But we would have to be sure that we would get a set amount of podcasts within a specific amount of time. Maybe we could set up something unofficial, like a monthly fee. Not that anyone would actually have to pay to get access to the podcast but just for us really hardcore people who want the podcast really, really bad. It would be an unofficial verbal contract, we would agree to donate the money and Mark would agree to do the podcasts. Also, please everybody, I'm sure Mark would feel like a jerk coming out and asking us to pay. But Mark doesn't need to feel bad for this. The last I checked time is still money and I'm sure that Mark doesn't have hours left over all of the time to do podcasting. Also, everyone please, encourage him to forget the need to edit, it just isn't necessary. We would rather have more Mark, less edit. peace
TerryRK

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2009, 5:36pm

Brand new here and was wondering where the podcasts went.... I found listing on itunes and in the process of catching up.  Noticed nothing recent and wondering why?  

As much as I enjoy the podcasts I can't see myself sending money to listen.  Someone else mentioned there are too many for free.  I will say I'm new to coffee geek and this site is responsible for my spending $$$$.  Which if you all are any indication this site will be where I decide to spend many many more $$$$$$---- so if I wanted to advertise quality products were would I go?  

I've shared this site with at least two others and will continue to spread the word.
MarkPrince

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Versalab M3 Grinder
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Wed Jan 14, 2009, 2:55am

sigh... ;)

Okay, okay okay. I'll REALLY REALLY try to get something together this week.

In the meantime, I did do this just a few days ago :)

Mark
PS no payment needed, but hey, if any Americans happen to be coming up to Vancouver anytime soon, I could sure go for some Punt e Mes :)

CoffeeGeek Senior Editor
www.twitter.com/coffeegeek www.flickr.com/coffeegeek, www.instagram.com/coffeegeek (you get the picture)
olph4rt
olph4rt

Espresso: Modded Nemox Caffe Fenice
Grinder: Compak K6 / Nemox Lux /...
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Jan 14, 2009, 10:37am

I really loved your idea for the Ristretto Podcast.  It seems that if you broke your podcasts down into only one subject per podcast, say 5-15 minutes per, then the faithful and hungry folks would be appeased, more often.  You could still go into depth, but limit the subject matter.  I am sure that this would be easier to produce a consistently timed audio magazine that would be still reasonably in touch and current.
Re: your press pot methodology...watching the Youtube video get me to thinking of an Idea I had when first joining your site:  How about putting the coffee on top of the press?  How about a press that has a basket shaped screen at the bottom, that you'd dump the grinds on top of, and prepare as you ahve described.  Upon plunging, with a second screen, it would lock into the bottom one, and the grinds would come out?  Sorry to dump this idea on you, but it seems feasible, and would result in a more hassle free and cleaner way, for those few who are put off by the press-mess.

|| http://thoughtcompile.blogspot.com/ | + | It takes an average of 42 beans to make a shot.  Douglas Adams wrote in the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, that 42 is the meaning of life...coincidence?
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > CG Podcasts > Ok let's really...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.201864004135)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+