Articles: Products First Look Feedback
Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Breville Dual...  
view next topic | view all topics
showing page 30 of 30 first page previous page
Author Messages
lowellw2

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Breville BES900XL
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Sat Apr 6, 2013, 6:52pm
Subject: Re: Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine

JohnLyn Said:

I've owned the BDB and a Mini Vivaldi (for steam it is the same as the dream T I believe). What Breville has done is that they have configured their steam system to be able to produce excellent microfoam. What I mean by that is that although it is not powerful, it IS effective and easy to learn.

The Mini Vivaldi on the other hand has very strong steam and IMHO there is a learning curve to managing it to get excellent microfoam especially if you are steaming 5 ounces and less. But once you have learned you can then produce excellent microfoam.  

I've used both and have been able to produce quality microfoam on both, but they do feel different in use.

Posted April 4, 2013 link

I' have also owned a Vivaldi Mini and a BDB and completely concur with JohnLyn's comments.
 View Profile Link to this post
Supernas

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Tue Jun 18, 2013, 12:23pm
Subject: Re: Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine

Hey has anyone had their bdb's boiler descaled? I know that you apparently cannot do it at home, unless that has changed but I wonder if the 3-4 years they said is holding true
 View Profile Link to this post
showing page 30 of 30 first page previous page
view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Breville Dual...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Quality Espresso Machines
Imported Italian Espresso Machines, Coffee Machines & accessories for all your coffee needs!
www.thecoffeebrewers.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.166553974152)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+