Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: Products First Look Feedback
Isomac Super Giada
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Isomac Super...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
MarkPrince
MarkPrince
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Compak K10 WBC
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Clive Coffee Drip Stand
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Mon Jan 19, 2004, 1:00am
Subject: Isomac Super Giada

Isomac Super Giada

CoffeeGeek has a look at one of the least expensive Isomacs available on the US market today, and puts it through some initial paces. Is this machine more than just a cutesy looker? Find out.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
gourmetguy
gourmetguy
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: All kinds of stuff
Grinder: Various in my day
Drip: You name it I've had it
Roaster: just an iRoast
Posted Mon Jan 19, 2004, 3:44pm
Subject: Re: Isomac Super Giada

Outstanding and forthright effort, Mark.  Competition at this price point is fierce -- sounds like $400 is better spent elsewhere for now...
 View Profile Link to this post
ppanduro
ppanduro
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Isomac Super Giada
Grinder: Bosch - (I know...)
Vac Pot: Bodum
Drip: yakk - never
Posted Wed Jan 21, 2004, 5:10am

An excellent first look review, Mark - especially since I almost simoultaneously have bought the very same machine.

So far, I can only agree with the views, from the strangely placed nut which obstructs the available space in the filter, ( right , you quickly get used to it !) - to the steaming abilities ( and design) which eventually, after a bit of practice turns out good results, to the concerns over the temperature and last but not least, the somewhat confusing ( or just Italian ?) usage of colored signals which works dead against normal ( or at least law abiding ) citizens in the traffic - i.e. go when the green light switches off !

With regards to the temperature, and forgive me for the European Celcius thing, I have a few problems getting the machine over some 85 degrees a( measured at the water leaves the portafilter) and likewise, with the pressure, find it a little worrying, that despite the apparent ability to produce adequate pressure, my gauge shows only some 8.2 bars at the max. (so far !).

But, when all will be said eventually in a full scale test and review  - do not forget that this is by far the the coolest looking machine - at least available in our relatively small ( but excessively expensive - I paid more than 700 usd for the beast !) market in Denmark. Stainless steel all over - no ugly plastics and an overall look that will go anywhere - cool toggle switches, well designed, regular shape, easy maintenance - and above all , not looking like something a mad inventor pulled out on a bad day !

After just one week - even with the minor upsets mentioned, my attitude to brewing coffee at home have changed forever, so bye-bye Bodum and silly stovetop so called espresso brewers -  Real Espresso is king !

Thanks
Peter
aabreecc

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Sun Jan 25, 2004, 6:55pm

Very good review Mark. While the findings about the Super Giada are true regarding the steam wand length (short), the large nut on the dispersion screen (big), and 53mm portafilter (small, but tough), the Super Giada is a good machine for the money. You would be hard pressed to find a machine in the sub $400 range with the S. Giada’s performance and feature set. The Francis X3 or the Solis SL70 would be the only other logical choices. However, if you are comparing the S. Giada to the Rancilio Silvia or the Gaggia Classic, be prepared to pay $445 and $449 respectively at today’s prices. The days of those guys costing less than $400 are gone forever and as a result the S. Giada is a good catch at $349 or perhaps $399. I am looking forward to the detailed review.
MarkPrince
MarkPrince
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Compak K10 WBC
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Clive Coffee Drip Stand
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Sun Jan 25, 2004, 11:39pm

Dan, I basically got it in the $350 to $450 category, while reviewing this. At that price point, the Silvia's the benchmark, so it always gets compared; Gaggia Classic will be tossed in too. The X3 will probably be the third choice for the detailed review.

The Solis remains my best choice for under $400 though :)

Mark

CoffeeGeek Senior Editor
www.twitter.com/coffeegeek www.flickr.com/coffeegeek, www.instagram.com/coffeegeek (you get the picture)
Junkstyle
Junkstyle
Expertise: Beginner

Espresso: ashamed to tell
Grinder: none
Vac Pot: nope
Drip: Mr. Coffee (only the best)
Roaster: AMD CPU
Posted Sun Apr 25, 2004, 11:24pm

Thanks for the review Mark. As always I've been impressed with your product reviews.
PCS

Posted Mon Jun 2, 2008, 2:04pm

Hey, all;

Does anyone know who I can contact to receive a manual for the Isomac Super Giada machine? I was given that was used, and it did not have a manual.

Thanks,

PCS

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: None
Grinder: None
Vac Pot: None
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Mon Jun 2, 2008, 2:49pm

PCS Said:

Hey, all;

Does anyone know who I can contact to receive a manual for the Isomac Super Giada machine? I was given that was used, and it did not have a manual.

Thanks,

PCS

Posted June 2, 2008 link

You can download it as a pdf from here http://www.isomac.it/pdf/giada_supergiada.pdf

However, you may not find Isomac's instructions quite as much help as you expect.
JonDori
JonDori

Posted Sat Jul 3, 2010, 1:57am

Hi,

Hey all all. I am a newbie on the site and after some help. I promise to help where I can aswell. I recently bought a Isomac Giada...3 days ago it arrived. I seem to have some problems with it. The manual is god AWFUL that comes with it. Any gaida users knowledge would be much appreciated. Here goes...

When I switch the machine on it starts to drip through the coffee dispenser. When I flip the steamer on, and gets to around 4bar pressure it blows it all out of the coffee dispencer unit again.

To further my fustration the machine is 3 days old and been doing it since day one! Another thing which I can't get answers on is the avarage working pressure. I have never gotten more than 3.8 - 4bar by witch time it dumps the pressure anyway!!

Any help would be MUCH appreciated...thanks
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Isomac Super...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Quick Mill Back in Stock
All Quick Mill Machine ready to ship. Free Ship. Silvano, Anita, Alexia, 2B, Andreja, QM67, Monza!
cupandbrew.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.233273983002)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+