Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: Products First Look Feedback
Jura Capresso S9
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Jura Capresso S9  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
duvell

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Fri Jan 7, 2005, 12:36am
Subject: Where is the Detailed Review?

When I first read this First Look review I was left with the impression that the author would be writing a Detailed Review of this machine after about six months.

It is now more than a year later and there is still no Detailed Reivew to follow up the First Look.

Where is the Detailed Review?  
Is 12 months not enough time to properly evaluate this machine?
 View Profile Link to this post
md1207

Posted Thu Jan 20, 2005, 9:16am
Subject: Re: Jura Capresso S9

I have had a capresso s9 for over a year.  While it makes great latte,  can't get a drinkable cup of "starbucks" coffee out of mine either.  When I use the special coffee button and ground coffee, I get coffee that is too strong.  Iknow the machine is highly adjustable but when I tinkered with it I messed up the latte setting and still got bad coffee.  By this I mean that it is too strong and bitter and not hot enough.  I found this website today because I was looking for a good coffee maker for "regular coffee". However if the S9 is capable of doing this, I would rather save the money. If any one knows how to adjust the S9 to acheive this this I would greatly appreciate some help.
Thanks
Palsgraf948

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Jura-Capresso S7 SuperAuto
Drip: Capresso CoffeeTEAM
Posted Mon Jan 24, 2005, 4:32pm

My S7 is now over a year old and I'm still very happy with the little "beastie."

I realize that it will never give me that "God Shot" espresso, but it has more than paid for it's purchase price in latte's that I did not buy at some "drive through espresso" stand or Starbucks.

I will still be thrilled when Mark finally gets the chance to write up and post his final review.  As good as the machine has been performing for me, I have no doubt that I can set things differently to make it better!

Jim McDonald
Palsgraf948
petraidm

Posted Fri Mar 4, 2005, 7:28am

Did I just miss it the number of times I read the first look ....  
Which Intellgentsia beans was Mark using for his initial test?
tdudnyk

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2005, 9:21am

I stopped using my s9. Coffee tastes too watered down on the strongest settings. There is no doubt this machine cannot produce coffee as good as a starbucks. My parents refused to drink coffee from it.

I suspect there is something seriously wrong, not just with my machine, but with this model in general. We haven't had a full review on this in over a year, and Jura is a sponsor on this site. Should I expect the full review this time next year?
duvell

Posted Mon Mar 14, 2005, 6:38pm

I have been wondering the same thing about the full review that never came!
Palsgraf948

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Jura-Capresso S7 SuperAuto
Drip: Capresso CoffeeTEAM
Posted Tue Apr 12, 2005, 11:10am

*sigh*

Well the "First Look" has scrolled off of the CoffeGeek.com homepage.

I certainly understand that Mark has a WHOLE bunch of other things to do ... but it would certainly be nice if at some point we were able to actually have a full review of the Jura Capresso "S-series" automatics

Thanks

Jim McDonald
Palsgraf948
cbphoto
cbphoto

Posted Mon Jun 6, 2005, 9:29am

First, I want to thank the entire crew at Coffeegeek.com for their efforts. My wife & I are casually reading all reviews and most posts, with the end result being a good espresso machine for our home.

Second, I'd like to comment on the S9. From what I've read here, most people want more for their $2200. I would expect awesome coffee/espresso for this price. Perhaps "swiss" coffee is what it's truly designed for.

Thanks again for a great site.
Chris Brown
Markos

Espresso: Gaggia Coffe Deluxe
Grinder: Capresso Infinity
Roaster: West Bend "The Poppery"
Posted Fri Apr 30, 2010, 12:26pm
Subject: Re: grind adjustability

Suds,

If you are still around, I would love to get info on how you do the grinder mod on the Krups Orchestro.  Even though I'm not big in to super autos, I just picked up one in really good condition for $75.  Consequently, I don't have a problem with digging into it to "make it better".  When I ground fresh coffee on another grinder and threw it into the bypass, it actually produced a decent shot.  However, the internal grinder, as is, grinds too course for a true espresso.

Thanks,
Mark
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Jura Capresso S9  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191553115845)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+