Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: Products First Look Feedback
Caffe Rosto Roaster First Look
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Caffe Rosto...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
Olly

Expertise: Beginner

Posted Sun Jan 12, 2003, 3:32am
Subject: Brilliant service

My second Precision died. There appears to  be no home roaster available in Singapore.

I sent an e-mail to Imex who make the Caffe Rosto and got a reply in just a few hours. Yes - the correct voltage machine available at a very reasonable price.

My wife and/or the bank made a bit of a mistake with the transfer and ended up deducting the thirty dollar charge from the amount sent to Imex. Oh dear! But the company sent the machine anyway (by courier) and said forget the extra.

In these days of globalisation, big business riding over the small guys, Enron et al, I'm very glad to find a company that bothers with one domestic customer. I hope I won't need any spare part soon, but will make it up to Imex then.

Meanwhile - the machine. Looks and feels very sturdy compared with the HP. First roast was brilliant. It's a minor inconvenience to have to pick up the whole thing to empty it (and to remember to clear the chaff filter first) but that's the only downside. It feels as if I may not need a spare bit for a long while.

I recommend the machine and the manufacturer.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
coffeebeing
coffeebeing
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Zaffiro,Silvia,...
Grinder: Mazzer Mini,Rocky,Solis...
Vac Pot: Yama,Cafetino,Silex
Drip: Cusinart Brew Central,...
Roaster: Cafe Rosto, Hearthware...
Posted Sun Jan 12, 2003, 7:12am
Subject: Love this thing !

Well..I've been using one of these for about 4 months now. I generally roast 130 to 135 grams at a time. It takes 8.5 to 9 minutes (roast cycle only) to do so and I get a great and consistent full city this way. The "directed" exhaust is great as I can point it at an exhaust fan and minimize any smoke impact in the house. Since I use a small vac for my coffee stuff, it's easy to vacuum the filter cup, remove the insert, then vacuum the second screen. Generally each batch allows me to pull 6 good doubles. Each batch also makes enough for 3 days worth of coffee at 2 large mugs each day. So..roughly 2 roasts a week, 2 batches per roast works well for me. Each batch takes about 15 minutes with cleanup, weigh next load, reload etc. It's a solid unit and didn't seem to be plagued with the Alp's problems. (I already have 2 HWPs and use them for very bright roasts to add to homemade blends). The coffee is not entirely muted from the Rosto so do not fear that you will totally lose any brightness. I'd recommend this roaster to anybody looking for a roaster as the best that's available at a reasonable price.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
gorodish

Expertise: Pro Barista

Espresso: Natural processed carmo...
Grinder: Mazzer
Drip: French Press
Roaster: diedrich ir3
Posted Thu Mar 18, 2004, 1:31pm
Subject: Re: Caffe Rosto Roaster First Look

Does anyone know just how voltage sensitive these machines are?  I have read that if you cannot maintain a consistent 120v  you  can get poor results. My house is old but has updated wiring.  Has anyone out there had any problems with this issue?
 View Profile Link to this post
lethalblonde
lethalblonde
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Elektra Micro Casa a Leva
Grinder: Innova flat burr
Drip: Capresso MT500
Roaster: Big, heavy, old wok;...
Posted Fri Sep 15, 2006, 6:26pm
Subject: Re: Caffe Rosto Roaster First Look

It looks like they've gotten things straightened out!  The CR model is now the 100, and is on Green Beanery's website!  Is there any way short of being the field tester to find out how the distributor and the new model's warranty shapes up?

Thanks!

Trisha

"The blessing lies not in living, merely, but in living well."  Seneca, 8 B.C.
 View Profile Link to this post
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Caffe Rosto...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.169765949249)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+