Articles: Products First Look Feedback
Elektra Micro Casa a Leva
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Elektra Micro...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
espressohead
espressohead
Expertise: Aficionado

Espresso: La Pavoni Pro, Elektra:...
Grinder: Elektra MS,MSC
Roaster: Hottop
Posted Thu Apr 25, 2002, 3:19pm
Subject: Elektra Microcasa a leva V Pavoni Pro

I've had a La Pavoni pro for 7 years and agree with the review (see consumer review on the La Pavoni Professional) . One problem that has come to light on the Pavoni is that the chromium plating is a bit suspect under the drip tray. Even after about 2 years there were signs of flaking chrome and now 7 years on there is significant deterioration. Overall the machine is good but does need practice and expertise (even luck). I also have the privilege of having the Elektra Microcasa range to hand and on reflection the Elektra machines are superior in virtually every area - finish,build quality,higher water capacity,weight and method of operation/consistency of operation. Don't get me wrong I really like the Pav but the Elektra is markedly better (IMOH). I have also recently serviced an American gentlemens Elektra in the UK (he brought it over the water) and after 15 years continous use with an obvious fairly cavalier attidtude to cleaning was in perfectly serviceable condition (once I'd converted to UK voltage 230v). I spoke to the customer who told me he had NEVER had to even replace the piston seals (I did as part of the service).
 View Profile Link to this post
espressohead
espressohead
Expertise: Aficionado

Espresso: La Pavoni Pro, Elektra:...
Grinder: Elektra MS,MSC
Roaster: Hottop
Posted Sat May 4, 2002, 6:04pm
Subject: Alternative Dome on Microcasa Leva

Review reads: We received the chrome and brass model complete with the luxurious aluminum travel case and extra dome with the blue Mulino glass ornament.

SHOULD READ: We received the chrome and brass model complete with the luxurious aluminum travel case and extra dome with the blue Murano glass ornament.

Fot those who don't know Murano is the famous Venetian glass from the Island of Murano,itself part of Venice,Italy.
Sorry for being pedantic.
MarkPrince

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Versalab M3 Grinder
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Tue May 14, 2002, 12:00am
Subject: Elektra Micro Casa a Leva

Elektra Micro Casa a Leva

Our first take at another "work of art" machine, the Elektra Micro Casa a Leva in brass and chrome. Our likeaffair with lever machines continues!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Duncan

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Pavoni, Techno, La Cimbali...
Grinder: Cunill, Rossi RR45, Mazzer...
Vac Pot: No
Drip: No
Roaster: Withams Coffee
Posted Mon Jun 17, 2002, 3:04am
Subject: Group Head overheating

I am looking forward to the detailed review, especially in relation to the ability of the Micro Casa to make mutiple coffees without a buildup of heat as is evident in the La Pavoni Professional.  A comparison of the Elektra and the new Millenium La Pavoni would also be a wonderful treat.
bretblin

Expertise: Advanced

Posted Fri Jul 5, 2002, 12:23pm
Subject: The Full Month Testing

I too really enjoyed reading the first look review however as the article says.....

"We'll be giving it a full month testing, complete with some small user groups, and we hope to have our comprehensive look at this intriguing machine online by the end of May or start of June"

I am looking forward to the next installment, when is it coming?
olypdd
olypdd
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Quick Mill Vetrano, Elektra...
Grinder: Mazzer Mini, Innova...
Drip: Only when I'm desperate and...
Roaster: Espresso Vivace from Seattle
Posted Sun Jan 5, 2003, 5:58pm
Subject: Elektra temp control

Why on earth couldn't you just slap a woodstove chimney temp gauge on the side of the boiler to monitor temp??? You could know when to turn it on and off to maintain brewing temp quite easily I would think!
olypdd
olypdd

Espresso: Quick Mill Vetrano, Elektra...
Grinder: Mazzer Mini, Innova...
Drip: Only when I'm desperate and...
Roaster: Espresso Vivace from Seattle
Posted Sun Jan 5, 2003, 6:01pm
Subject: Temp control part 2

Hey, it's me again. Also, besides a temp gauge on the outside of the boiler...what if you plugged the Elektra into a TIMER which was set to go on and off every so often...whateve keeps it at proper brewing temp. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Moe32274

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Posted Wed Dec 13, 2006, 12:09pm
Subject: Re: Alternative Dome on Microcasa Leva

"Mulino" means windmill in Italian .  Now that would have been interesting looking . . .

Moe.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Elektra Micro...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.247400045395)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+