Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: Products First Look Feedback
Jura Capresso F9 First Look
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Jura Capresso F9...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
gauperaa
gauperaa
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Euro2000 Junior, Rancilio...
Grinder: Mazzer Mini, Rancilio Rocky,...
Vac Pot: Mini eSantos
Drip: OBH Nordica King of Coffee
Roaster: Imex-CR100, Princess popper,...
Posted Thu May 8, 2003, 1:48am
Subject: C12

Great first look. Btw, when will you get to test the Rancilio C12? Supposedly awesome superauto, but of course *much* more expensive.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
MarkPrince

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Versalab M3 Grinder
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Thu May 8, 2003, 2:53pm
Subject: Rancilio Class12

I don't think I'll be doing a Rancilio Class 12 review anytime soon... first, it's a 240V system which I can't test easily; but second, it's a true pro machine. I won't review a La Marzocco Linea, or a Cimbali commercial machine for one important reason: I cant do them justice ... you'd have to evaluate these machines in a high volume cafe for a month or more, and I simply cannot do that. The Class 12 would be the same way.
gauperaa
gauperaa

Espresso: Euro2000 Junior, Rancilio...
Grinder: Mazzer Mini, Rancilio Rocky,...
Vac Pot: Mini eSantos
Drip: OBH Nordica King of Coffee
Roaster: Imex-CR100, Princess popper,...
Posted Fri May 9, 2003, 2:45am
Subject: I understand

I understand your point. It is hard and maybe even wrong to review a commerical machine in a home enviroment. Still, I hope you'll get to taste some coffee from the C12. It is pretty good according to alexander von der lippe.
TeleMark

Expertise: Intermediate

Posted Fri May 9, 2003, 9:28am
Subject: S(as in Sam) 9 first look?

Mark-
Any chance for a s9 "first look" soon?
I am very curious whether it is worth the extra money. I respect your judgement enough to wait...
 View Profile Link to this post
jim_schulman
jim_schulman
Posted Fri May 9, 2003, 4:46pm
Subject: Comparing Superautos

It may be worth setting the standard for home superautos by their professional cousins, rather than regular machines.

I have a feeling commercial superautos are improving rapidly, since the shots I got from them at the SCAA were quite acceptable (about the same standad I get from my SL70 at home); whereas a few years ago, they were swill.

Buyers of home superautos should be benefitting from these improvements.
MarkPrince

Posted Sun May 11, 2003, 12:19am
Subject: Suggestions

Jim, that's actually a very good idea.

Joe Monaghan offered to lend me a Franke super auto and wanted my private thoughts on it (and maybe a Detailed Review). I didn't turn him down, per se, but we let it slide. Maybe I should get in some time on the Frankes (I'm going down to Seattle in a few weeks for a day) and take some notes... and maybe take a Franke Saphira back with me.

Telemark: The S9 first look is half written (notes on four pages of legal paper), but it's at least five machines away from being published. I got a backlog of machines to plow through.

I can say that the shot quality is better on the S9 (compared to the F9, temperature being the main culprit), and the steaming functionality on the S9 is actually amazing. It's got two heating systems (stainless steel thermoblocks), but the S9 produces much more powerful steam than the F9, AND... it's "always on" (but it does have a sleep mode to conserve energy). Also, it comes with two steaming systems, including a fully automated system (one button press, tunable froth levels), that, tied in with a micro fridge, can give you on demand milk froth with literally one push of a button. It can be programmed to "dose" out specific volumes of froth. Pretty sweet. 1st in Coffee arranged for us to get both the F9 and S9.
MarkPrince

Posted Thu May 29, 2003, 12:00am
Subject: Jura Capresso F9 First Look

Jura Capresso F9 First Look

Super Autos go high tech with the Jura Capresso F9. Touch screen technology, Internet connectivity... and it brews a good shot? Find out in our first look.
casparis
casparis
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: CapressoF9 (On order)
Grinder: Blade type
Drip: Yes(Hopefully not for long)
Posted Sun Jan 2, 2005, 3:11pm
Subject: Re: Jura Capresso F9 First Look

Thank you for the first look at the F9.I have just ordered this unit and was concerned about the investment .I wanted the S9 but it's hard enough to justify the F series plus I like the look of it better than the S series.I am by no means able to judge of a good shot so I figured this is a good place to start.I want to also purchase a semi automatic and tinker to have a comparison with my new superauto.I hope to go with the isomac zaffiro you did a detailed report on,The shots you describe seem incrediable.I was at Starbucks today and just relized they use a type of Automatic and the double shot was very bitter.I am not sure how long it will take me to achieve sucess with a semi auto but with the F9 as a  consistant starting point to judge my shots it should be an enjoyable process.The articles and tips are so informative keep up the good work.I am looking forward to the detailed report on the F9 for more tips and ideas.
 View Profile Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Jura Capresso F9...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
"My First Crack"
"Ask Me About My First Crack."  Tee Shirts in Black, White, or Grey.
www.coffeeproject.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.255093812943)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+