Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: Products First Look Feedback
Vibiemme Domobar Super
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Vibiemme Domobar...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
stefano65
stefano65
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme,Elektra,
Grinder: Vario,Macap,
Vac Pot: not
Drip: not
Roaster: not
Posted Fri Aug 11, 2006, 6:30am
Subject: Re: Vibiemme Domobar Super

urr

joefan Said:

3) Does anybody know if Vibiemme has plans of selling them in CA?  I'd love to try one out.  I'll actually be in NJ soon but both a friend and I have separately ordered from 1st line and we both had really bad experiences with them.

Thanks.

Posted July 14, 2006 link

Is Oregon  close enought for you?

Stefano Cremonesi
info@espressocare.com
www.espressocare.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
GlacierCoffee
GlacierCoffee
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar
Grinder: Maccap M4
Drip: Presto Scandinavian
Roaster: RK Drum
Posted Mon Jan 22, 2007, 11:49am

This bad boy is something else.

I owned a Drive-Thru for two years, and I am a 100% LaMarzocco man thru and thru. That being said- I knew I would have a hard time finding a Machine/Grinder setup for $1500 that would replace what I was used to drinking (I mean...c'mon) That is until I found this little workhorse and my Maccap grinder

This is the only Pro-Sumer machine I have ever owned...but a few friends have an assortment of "Other machines" - I ahve not really found anything to compare to this gem! (it's the shot baby...and the milk..nothing really compares apples to apples in this price range)

I do believe it could run a small Cafe/Bistro or a after dinner cappa's for a restaraunt no problem, it handles steaming of milk like a charm!

The shots I pull are just wonderful (remember...I am comparing this to my LM Linea)

It is the closest thing to my LM I have seen in a shop or in someone's house.

Go for it- enjoy, life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Glacier Coffee Roasters
geertdevries

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Tue Mar 6, 2007, 3:53am

I can't understand why VBM is downgrading its boiler from 2,7lt to 1,9 lt. The former model had this huge 2.7lt boiler and perfect for temperature stability. Right now they don't have much value added against the competitors like ECM, Expobar, Quickmill. They have about the same size boilers. Again no "cool" double steam wand, dual boiler nor standard waterfilter for the domobar. So maybe it's a beauty but the price is quite high when you compare it with other machines.

But maybe the full review will explain more of it's hidden features....
 View Profile Link to this post
pszilard

Espresso: VBM Domobar Super
Grinder: Ranchilio Rocky doserless
Posted Tue Apr 17, 2007, 9:49pm

Got my VBM yesterday! It's great. What brew pressure do most people get?

Mine goes to 14 bar after the 4 bar infusion is over. Is this normal?

Thnx in advance,
T_Roy
T_Roy

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Super...
Grinder: Macap M4
Drip: French Press
Roaster: Air Popper
Posted Sun May 27, 2007, 5:27pm

pszilard,
    Your machine should not go to 14 bar.  This means that you will have to set the brew pressure bypass valve.  It's not a big deal. If you don't, you will be punching holes through the puck and will not be getting a proper extraction.  You want brew pressure to be around 9 bar (or so they say).

Take off the hood and have a look inside.

Go to the following link: Click Here (www.toomuchcoffee.com)
Check out the third picture named :"overpressure valve (Large).JPG"

Now this picture is for an older domobar super.  But you are looking for a valve like the one in the picture.  Mine was located at the back of the machine, on the very bottom, facing back.  You'll need a large flat-headed screwdriver and back it off (counter-clockwise) until you get the right setting (~9bar).  I used a blank (or blind) filter so I could get the flow resistance.

As for the 4 bar, don't worry about that. From what I understand it is just the static pressure in the line.

You may also want to ensure your boiler pressure is set around 1.0 - 1.3 bar as well (since the brew pressure was off).

Good luck!
pszilard

Espresso: VBM Domobar Super
Grinder: Ranchilio Rocky doserless
Posted Sun May 27, 2007, 5:47pm

I've done so a while ago :) It is producing excellent coffe now! Thanks.
robreuland

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2010, 2:28pm

why does this review say the boiler is 2.7 liters?
it's 1.8
 View Profile Link to this post
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Vibiemme Domobar...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.211048126221)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+