Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: CoffeeGeek Columnist Feedback
An Argentine Barista in Japan, The Cafe Stage
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > Columnist... > An Argentine...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
minibrain

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Saeco Aroma-SB Barista
Grinder: Cuisinart
Drip: Bialetti
Roaster: Stovetop
Posted Tue Sep 25, 2007, 4:15pm
Subject: Re: An Argentine Barista in Japan, The Cafe Stage

Fede, your story makes me feel very proud.
I'm going to congratulate my fellow countryman now, please allow me to write a few words in our language.
Thank you people of CG.

Fede, que alegria ver tu historia en CG! Te felicito por tu coraje y valor ante la adversidad que te toco vivir.
Ha sido una experiencia que jamas olvidaras, y una experiencia que seguramente te ayudara a mejorar dia a dia. Estoy segura de que tendras un futuro brillante, ya que estas yendo por el camino correcto.
(Solo que...el proximo camino mejor hacelo sin escalas :-)
Te deseo mucha suerte en todo lo que emprendas.
Saludos de una argentina en New Jersey.
 View Profile Link to this post
CBS
CBS
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Rancilio Classe 10 and Epoca
Grinder: Rancilio MD80, 50 &Rocky,...
Posted Wed Sep 26, 2007, 2:53am

Fede,

You did a stand up job at the WBC. It is a tough enough thing to do... let alone without any luggage and travelling on your own. You did Argentina proud. Good luck towards Copenhagen, look forawrd ti seeing you there.

Carl

P.S. Nice win for Argentina in the Rugby World Cup against France!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
GCArgentina
GCArgentina

Posted Thu Sep 27, 2007, 4:24am

minibrain Said:

Fede, your story makes me feel very proud.
I'm going to congratulate my fellow countryman now, please allow me to write a few words in our language.
Thank you people of CG.

Fede, que alegria ver tu historia en CG! Te felicito por tu coraje y valor ante la adversidad que te toco vivir.
Ha sido una experiencia que jamas olvidaras, y una experiencia que seguramente te ayudara a mejorar dia a dia. Estoy segura de que tendras un futuro brillante, ya que estas yendo por el camino correcto.
(Solo que...el proximo camino mejor hacelo sin escalas :-)
Te deseo mucha suerte en todo lo que emprendas.
Saludos de una argentina en New Jersey.

Posted September 25, 2007 link

Maria,

Muchas gracias por tu mensaje. Realmente hice las cosas lo mejor que pude (dadas las circunstancias) pero es muy dificil competir en ese nivel, sin los recursos necesarios (y sin demasiada suerte) .... de todas maneras, fue la primera presentacion Argentina en el WBC, y se que de ahora en adelante  iremos mejor preparados, y haremos un mejor papel.

Saludos,
Federico
GCArgentina
GCArgentina

Posted Thu Sep 27, 2007, 4:34am

CBS Said:

Fede,

You did a stand up job at the WBC. It is a tough enough thing to do... let alone without any luggage and travelling on your own. You did Argentina proud. Good luck towards Copenhagen, look forawrd ti seeing you there.

Carl

P.S. Nice win for Argentina in the Rugby World Cup against France!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful.

Posted September 26, 2007 link

Carl,

Thanks for your message. It was an honor to meet you, you did an awesome work at Tokyo .... I hope to see you at Copenhagen.

Best regards,
Federico

PS: As a rugby player, I`m very proud of our rugby team work ... but I hope we don`t meet your national team at the semi-finals !!!
MoBak

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar
Grinder: Casadio Instantaneo
Roaster: Gene Café
Posted Mon Oct 1, 2007, 5:15am

Federico,

I just talked to the Danish Barista Champion, Lene Hyldahl, some days ago. She told about your performance at the WBC with the highest respect for what you did. She instantly turned on my interest for your participation and I wanted to see your presentation on zacharyzachary. Unfortunately the video wasn't there.

Keep up the great work. I hope that I can go and watch the WBC in Copenhagen next year and hope that you'll be there.

www.EspressoBar.dk
www.WBConEspressoBar.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
GCArgentina
GCArgentina

Posted Mon Oct 8, 2007, 8:25am

MoBak Said:

Federico,

I just talked to the Danish Barista Champion, Lene Hyldahl, some days ago. She told about your performance at the WBC with the highest respect for what you did. She instantly turned on my interest for your participation and I wanted to see your presentation on zacharyzachary. Unfortunately the video wasn't there.

Keep up the great work. I hope that I can go and watch the WBC in Copenhagen next year and hope that you'll be there.

Posted October 1, 2007 link

Dear MoBak,

It was really a pleasure to meet Lene at Tokyo, she really helped me to handle the situation.
If I make it to Copenhagen, I will definitive visit her coffeehouse ... she gave me 1lb of the coffee blend they developed for Tokyo, and was GREAT !!!!

You really don`t miss much, not being able to watch  my presentation. If I make it to Copenhagen, I will definitively go much more prepared.

Best regards,
Federico

PS: Please tell Lene to send me a few lines to gourmetcafe@gmail.com !!!
cracker74

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Quickmill Anita
Grinder: MACAP M4, Baratza Virtuoso
Vac Pot: Yama 8 cupper
Drip: Capresso MT500
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Tue Oct 30, 2007, 12:52pm

As the son of Argentine parents, I was proud and honored to read your post.  I've always been amazed how most supermarkets etc in BA sell crappy coffee (cafe torrado).  Given the strong Italian influence you'd expect otherwise.  That being said, I've had some decent 'cortados' in various establishments.

Best of luck to you and mucha suerte.  I'm sure you'll represent us Argies well!!!

Walter
GCArgentina
GCArgentina

Posted Fri Nov 23, 2007, 10:56am

cracker74 Said:

As the son of Argentine parents, I was proud and honored to read your post.  I've always been amazed how most supermarkets etc in BA sell crappy coffee (cafe torrado).  Given the strong Italian influence you'd expect otherwise.  That being said, I've had some decent 'cortados' in various establishments.

Best of luck to you and mucha suerte.  I'm sure you'll represent us Argies well!!!

Walter

Posted October 30, 2007 link

Walter,

Thanks for your mail, I did my best at Tokio and I`m sure we will make a much better job next year at Copenhagen.
On the other hand, things are starting to change in Bs As, and I`m sure that soon we will be able to buy decent coffees ... by the first week of December at least, we will be able to taste coffees from El Salvador at the Sheraton Hotel.

Best regards,
Federico
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > Columnist... > An Argentine...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.264417886734)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+