Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: CoffeeGeek Columnist Feedback
Mediocre Coffee, It's Your Fault by Aaron De Lazzer
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > Columnist... > Mediocre Coffee,...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
JDenver

Expertise: Aficionado

Posted Mon Jul 21, 2003, 12:02pm
Subject: Blank Stare

I've tried in the past to make comments regarding the coffee to the PBTC or waitron (much to my wife's mortification). All I've ever received is a blank stare of uncomprehension or defensive nonsense ("decaf is always weaker than regular"). I've pretty much given up making comments or even ordering coffee out.

Signed,

Discouraged
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
frelkins
frelkins
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: rancilio silvia; expobar...
Grinder: mazzer mini
Vac Pot: bodum santos
Drip: bodum chambord french press
Posted Mon Jul 21, 2003, 7:54pm
Subject: podwater & the nyc regular

what i find most depressing recently is that many cafes are switching to pods. while podwater can be better than most so-called espresso, it still doesn't make ya happy to pay that $4.50.

as for drip -- i'd almost wish they'd make a giant pod thing-y for drip. then it wouldn't be weak. it would however still probably be boiled tar from improper and too long holding. . .

since here in new york a "regular" coffee always has cream and sugar in it -- it's hard to get black, few drink it -- if you ask for black, they'll often ask you, "are you sure?" -- i guess the problems can always be hidden by a large amount of half-n-half. . .
homeroaster

Expertise: I live coffee

Grinder: Hand grinder,burr
Vac Pot: Krups Moka
Drip: capresso
Roaster: Popcorn,Heathware  I-roast
Posted Wed Jul 7, 2004, 4:57pm
Subject: Re: Mediocre Coffee, It's Your Fault by Aaron De Lazzer

The funniest part of this is that a company that sells coffee could sell 2 times as much just by telling people the correct amount to use.And everybody would benefit,by getting better tasting coffee.
 View Profile Link to this post
freshlyroasted

Expertise: Pro Roaster

Roaster: air roaster
Posted Tue May 31, 2005, 12:48pm

Aaron,

Great to hear that you are comitted to the enlightenment of coffee lovers. I think that there's enough margin in coffee for the cafes to ensure that we get good taste as the foundation of the value !

Cheers.

Jim
 View Profile Link to this post
SFG75
SFG75
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: N/A
Grinder: N/A
Drip: Mr. Coffee-an oldie, but a...
Posted Thu Jul 14, 2005, 4:00pm

Bravo!, one of the places that I frequent puts the drip-coffee equipment on the other side of the room in their establishment.  It's relegated to four "pump" machines that keep them hot, but not necessarily fresh if you are there past noon.  I avoid these things like the plague.  There is definitely a need to be assertive about this.
CoventryCat86

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Saeco Vienna Deluxe
Grinder: Pasquini Moka H Grinder
Vac Pot: Cona Coffee Syphon Model D
Drip: Please, you're kidding,...
Roaster: Hearthware i-Roast
Posted Sat Jul 23, 2005, 10:11am

SFG75 Said:

Bravo!, one of the places that I frequent puts the drip-coffee equipment on the other side of the room in their establishment.  It's relegated to four "pump" machines that keep them hot, but not necessarily fresh if you are there past noon.  I avoid these things like the plague.  There is definitely a need to be assertive about this.

Posted July 14, 2005 link

Scotty, you're leg humping isn't going to work around here either.  The members here are clearly are on a level about 100 levels higher than you have any concept of and if you keep it up, they'll see right through you before you hit 20 posts.

Read more, post less.  I know this concept is extremely difficult for an attention whore like you to understand but you'd be wise to heed my advice for once.  You've never listened to me in the past and look where it's gotten you.......
SFG75
SFG75
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: N/A
Grinder: N/A
Drip: Mr. Coffee-an oldie, but a...
Posted Wed Dec 28, 2005, 10:11am

It's amusing that you wrote of your favorite espresso and mentioned a good grinder, yet in this ( Click Here (www.cigarpass.com) ) lame ass forum, you write that you don't drink coffee in post #7.  That makes you like your favorite president, a first rate liar and hypocrite.  There is no depth to your dishonesty.  You owe the members of this board an apology for coming over here under false pretenses.
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > Columnist... > Mediocre Coffee,...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Saeco Espresso Machines
Large selection in-stock, includes Free Gifts and Free Shipping!
www.espressozone.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.20805311203)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+