Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: CoffeeGeek Columnist Feedback
USBC 2005 Day 2 & Semi Finals, Road Reports
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > Columnist... > USBC 2005 Day 2...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
andys
andys
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Speedster, Londinium 1
Grinder: EK-43,Robur, HG One, M3
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: various
Roaster: PIDed Popper
Posted Thu Mar 31, 2005, 7:22pm
Subject: Re: USBC 2005 Day 2 & Semi Finals, Road Reports

MarkPrince Said:

USBC 2005 Day 2 & Semi Finals
Road Reports article by Mark Prince

CoffeeGeek provides a comprehensive look at over 150 photos from Day 2 and the Semi Finals from the 2005 United States Barista Championships, in Seattle.

Posted March 29, 2005 link

Great article and pictures, Mark. You make me just itchin' to get to Seattle for the show.

-AndyS
picture page:  http://flickr.com/photos/andy_s/sets/
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
MarkPrince

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Versalab M3 Grinder
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Thu Mar 31, 2005, 9:57pm

Latt3rt Said:

Fantastic photo's Mark and the always intiguing captions and dialogue!!  Lookin forward to see what you have to offer for the WBC. .

Posted March 31, 2005 link

Yo Steve... I realised after reading your comments I forgot to fill in your performance notes. I didn't take much at the time (apologies) but did take some - so I've edited the article a bit to fill out your portion a bit more.

Cheers

Mark

CoffeeGeek Senior Editor
www.twitter.com/coffeegeek www.flickr.com/coffeegeek, www.instagram.com/coffeegeek (you get the picture)
rbh1515

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: LM GS3
Grinder: Mahlkonig/VersalabM3
Vac Pot: have one
Drip: no
Roaster: got that too/never use it
Posted Mon Apr 4, 2005, 7:09pm

Mark,
Great photos.  Just missed this event by a week.  It was great seeing the pics of John Hornall.  He is such a great barista. We were in Seattle last week and stopped by Hines.  John always makes the experience at Hines memorable, even for the kids.  After they drank their hot chocs, he proceeded to toss marshmellos across the room into their empty cups.  He can make anyone smile.  And of course the espresso was the best ever!!!  Rob
 View Profile Link to this post
expobar

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2005, 2:12pm

I read this and noticed you said Ryan is in Montana - It's Nebraska.  Otherwise, great article :-)
ChicagoSandy
ChicagoSandy
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Quickmill "La Cora,"  Silvia
Grinder: Mazzer Mini, Rocky DL
Vac Pot: Presses, Aeropress
Drip: postnasal, Technivorm
Roaster: Behmor, I-Roast2, SC/TO
Posted Tue Apr 12, 2005, 8:05pm

Love your sig file--is it from "The Only Living Boy In New York" by Simon & Garfunkel?  If so, I am impressed by the respect you have for us old far.....er, your musical heritage, at your age. There is hope.

Sandy
www.sandyandina.com
-------------------
Life's too short to drink lousy coffee, play crummy guitars and write with ballpoint pens.
andys
andys
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Speedster, Londinium 1
Grinder: EK-43,Robur, HG One, M3
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: various
Roaster: PIDed Popper
Posted Wed Apr 13, 2005, 1:51pm

ChicagoSandy Said:

Love your sig file--is it from "The Only Living Boy In New York" by Simon & Garfunkel?  If so, I am impressed by the respect you have for us old far.....er, your musical heritage, at your age. There is hope.

Posted April 12, 2005 link

OK Sandy, this is swerving way OT, but since you're talking about music, I have to ask. Do you know Kristin Lems? I knew her in college, way back when.

-AndyS
picture page:  http://flickr.com/photos/andy_s/sets/
expobar

Posted Sat Apr 16, 2005, 3:19pm

ChicagoSandy Said:

Posted April 12, 2005 link

Yes, it is "Only Living Boy...."  And even then, there's little to no hope - for most people, unless it's in a movie, people won't know it.  I'm totally different from almost all of my peers.  Most of them like nu-metal/nu-rap.  I'm pretty diverse in my music appreciation.  Let me put it like this, I have Metallica and Miles Davis right next to eachother in my iTunes, or CSN&Y and Cypress Hill.
counting

Posted Tue Jun 7, 2005, 4:29am

It's June 7, and the article still has not been edited to reflect the fact that Ryan Denhardt works in Nebraska, not Montana. I can't find any web reference to him outside of Nebraska. I can't find any web reference to the Barista's Daily Grind chain outside of Nebraska. What gives? Where does he work, really?
jazzedsoul
jazzedsoul
Expertise: Pro Barista

Espresso: LaMarzocca
Grinder: Rio
Vac Pot: Please!
Roaster: Zoka
Posted Tue Jul 12, 2005, 1:51pm

Excuse me cause I've never done this.  I hope I'm replying to Counting, who inquired a month ago about Ryan Dennhardt.  I work with him and just wanted to clarifly a few things.  Ryan works here in Kearney Nebraska at Barista's Daily Grind.  BDG was started in 2001 by Ryan's mom Cathy and is currently being franchised.  We have store's in a few other towns here in Nebraska as well as Levenworth KS and soon we will be in Kansas City, Colorado and Iowa.  Ryan only began competing two years ago and already he is egar to take on the nation and the world.  I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot more about him in the future as well as our coffe shop.  Any more questions feel free to ask.
counting

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2005, 6:38pm

You did good, Jasmin. Thanks for the heads up on the other thread, and thanks for the information.

I was hoping Mark's article was not wrong, actually. I'd love to be able to find good espresso when I visit Montana.

Welcome to CoffeeGeek. We hope you enjoy it and find it useful.
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > Columnist... > USBC 2005 Day 2...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.330571889877)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+